Could a bandit faction work in multiplayer?

Would you play as bandits in multiplayer if given the chance?

• Everything has a price, even your life! (Yes)

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • I VILL DRINK FROM YOUR SKULL (Yes)

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • WE WERE BORN IN A SADDLE BUT YOU WILL DIE IN ONE! (Yes)

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Away with you, vile beggar! (No)

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • It's almost harvesting season! (No)

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

flashn00b

Sergeant at Arms
Yeah, it's probably too early to talk about that considering that the current balancing of factions is far from ideal and while I think balancing the factions we currently have should take priority, I also don't think that there's any harm in theorycrafting. Perhaps this might be the unit composition?

Looter Hero (Peasant)
It's a playable looter. Considering how limited his weapon choices would be, he'd probably have to cost 90.

Default:
Falchion
Sling

Perk 1:
Improved Armor
Imperial Shield
Hammer (Replaces Falchion)

Perk 2:
Pitchfork
Axe (second melee weapon)
Throwing Knives (replaces Sling)

Sea Raider (Javelin Infantry/Shock Troop Hybrid)

Feel like the best way to balance this unit would be to make him more or less of a javelin thrower/shock troop hybrid, being able to fulfill both roles in a team composition but not excelling at either. Maybe this would be the best way to go about this?

Default:
Light Javelin
Old Horseman's Kite Shield
Western Bastard Sword

Perk 1:
Better Javelins (Replaces Light Javelin with Javelin)
Two Handed Axe (Replaces bastard sword with Highland Twohanded Woodcutter's Axe)
Extra Javelins (Max stack size increased from 3 to 6)

Perk 2:
Improved Armor
Stronger Shield (Replaces shield with Northern Round Shield)
Northern Short Spear

Not sure how much this would cost, but I figured some artistic license would be required to make this a workable multiplayer unit

Deserter (Heavy infantry)

This one's definitely an artistic license, but I think it'd be better for a deserter to feel more like a veteran soldier that wanted to strike it rich robbing those weaker than him rather than being a disgruntled recruit. Will most likely overlap with the Legionary, though would giving him a Menavlion make him overpowered? Default armor would probably be comparable to a Sturgian Warrior with Improved armor

Default:
Makeshift Kite Shield
Western Infantry Axe

TODO: Perks. Maybe Bow and Arrow could be one of them?

Bushwhacker (Archer)

This guy's particularly tricky to figure out, I think. Don't got much experience with singleplayer, though from what i looked at glossing through the in-game encyclopedia, bandit archers seem to be able to fulfill both an archer and infantry role, and a part of me wants to see him have Improved Armor just to make use of the Forest Bandit Hero's wolfskin chainmail. Perhaps this could be the default loadout?

Fast Hunting Bow
Arrow (30/30)
Targe
Western Shortsword

Perk 1:
Club
Axe
Improved Armor

Perk 2:
Larger Shield
Extra Arrows (40 arrows)
Stronger Arrows (25 Barbed Arrows)

TODO: Steppe Bandit (Light cavalry), Highwayman (Heavy Cavalry), 7th unit (Probably either a heavy archer or third infantry unit)

Keep in mind that this thread's more for theorycrafting so if you got better ideas for what bandit units would look like in multiplayer, I'll most likely replace what I currently have with your posts (will give credit, of course!)

Last edited:
I would prefer them to fix the game instead of adding more stuff they are bound to screw up. Sad!
As i've said earlier in the thread, I think balancing the current factions should take priority but drinking from other player's skulls shouldn't be ruled out.

This was the number one wish of the community in Warband and its still in Bannerlord. An Outlaw Faction, like I create in Singleplayer, is the one Faction this game needs. Maybe as a DLC, Add-on, or a Christmas Gift of 2021. Make it happen pls.

This was the number one wish of the community in Warband and its still in Bannerlord. An Outlaw Faction, like I create in Singleplayer, is the one Faction this game needs. Maybe as a DLC, Add-on, or a Christmas Gift of 2021. Make it happen pls.
Was it? Personally I would like a civilian faction/civilian outfits for each faction too.
A more ragtag Bandit faction would certainly be cool, howerver thereis a multitude of different bandit cultures that would have to be considered.

TW already missed a lot of opportunities when they didn't include minor factions as sub-factions or whole factions in the multiplayer. I don't see why they would do it now

TW already missed a lot of opportunities when they didn't include minor factions as sub-factions or whole factions in the multiplayer. I don't see why they would do it now

I agree with this - in fact I even dropped a suggestion about Sub-factions being on a rotation with 1 unit each. So every game your faction would be Main Faction X + Sub Faction Y; which would mix up every game's roster.

A great shame but as others have mentioned; best to make what is here working first before even thinking about adding more. I feel expectations have had to be tempered about this game in general; as with Warband I just want a solid base for mods to build on.

Regardless... It's near half a year; I wanted to see how it's all going.... I mean I don't see a bunch of threads demanding TW employees be hunted as witches so that's a nice change.... loads has changed in my life - I'm past having time to argue on the internet (or anything really)... but it would be nice to follow my favourite game. :whistle:

Was it? Personally I would like a civilian faction/civilian outfits for each faction too.
A more ragtag Bandit faction would certainly be cool, howerver thereis a multitude of different bandit cultures that would have to be considered.
I think a bandit faction would need to cover multiple cultures in order to fill out all valid troop types, hence my earlier suggestion for Steppe Bandits as a light cavalry while having the Vlandia-based Highwayman as a heavy cavalry.

I hope they add new classes/factions/content as time goes on. I'd rather them fix the base game first.
I think the best time to introduce a Bandits faction to multiplayer would be when Bannerlord leaves Early Access tbh. That said, i figured some theorycrafting would be harmless.

Back
Top Bottom