Couch Lance Issue after 1.6.1

Users who are viewing this thread

bbaydogdu

Sergeant
The character was re adjusting the holding spot of his lance when couching it on 1.6.0. It was a nice feature that makes the lance reach a little more. Though I'm not sure if this was the game's feature or a mod's, it's gone after updating 1.6.1. I really really hate TW so much for lots of things. But taking away the usefull features which there is only a few? That is some sick joke.

One day devs played some friendly captain mode and somebody rambo couch?️ cav'd them with lance over and over and over. So couched lance had to be nerfed.
I just made that up, but yeah it's silly because npc cav in single player misses it's lance most of the time no matter what anyways.

Idk what's on their mind but I feel like they do everything to not let us enjoy the freaking game. This community has every right to talk sh*t about the devs. Balancing(!) the game via nerfs... What a great vision!

Yeah. Taleworlds usually change things when they have a movie night or when one of their chosen people can't get gud.
Also, how many of you were ever invited to the secret upcoming feature testing groups? To some extent, TW is relying on the feedback of a few people with some of them being mediocre at best in terms of playing the game, testing the features, ideas, etc.

Yeah. Taleworlds usually change things when they have a movie night or when one of their chosen people can't get gud.
Also, how many of you were ever invited to the secret upcoming feature testing groups? To some extent, TW is relying on the feedback of a few people with some of them being mediocre at best in terms of playing the game, testing the features, ideas, etc.
I'm not sure if you missed these discussions (been ongoing for years), but apparently in a Pre-EA build the devs thought it was really boring that spear infantry was extremely effective against cavalry so they "made the infantry AI a little dumb" to compensate.

In their mind, it wasn't "fun" for a head-on heavy cav charge to do anything but wreck wreck wreck no matter the opposition. Presumably because the devs and dev friends testing it had no clue why the original M&B was so popular.

When EA came out and cavalry (especially horse archers) were incredibly OP against infantry, they made the cavalry AI "a little dumb" too.

From what I understand, the combat mechanic development since EA release has been nothing but nerfs - usually in response to specific complaints in specific multiplayer sub-communities. And, since they all use the same core code, each change to a specific MP mode would affect SP too. As far as I can tell, there were no devs working on making SP combat more fun in that entire span of time.

From what I understand, the combat mechanic development since EA release has been nothing but nerfs - usually in response to specific complaints in specific multiplayer sub-communities. And, since they all use the same core code, each change to a specific MP mode would affect SP too. As far as I can tell, there were no devs working on making SP combat more fun in that entire span of time.
basically a drastic misjudgement of their player base. focusing on MP when literally 95% of people play SP. if my company did that i'd have lost my job along with my marketing director lol.

The funny thing is that you can find people in MP section complaining that MP hasn't received enough/any love.
Well it's funny but the problem affects them too. I remember that people in one MP mode complained about how javelins were OP or something and then they ruined throwing weapons for all SP/MP modes. Small constituencies having outsized impacts is a serious problem that kills fun for everyone.

Well it's funny but the problem affects them too. I remember that people in one MP mode complained about how javelins were OP or something and then they ruined throwing weapons for all SP/MP modes. Small constituencies having outsized impacts is a serious problem that kills fun for everyone.
Yeah throwing weapons meta was a huge problem in MP until a recent patch, now it's 2h weapons that annihilate anything they touch. Did you guys actually like it before?

I really want to play a knight character that uses a lance and sword as a side arm, but it really isn't a very effective way to play the game. For one leveling riding takes for ever with a lance. I can level riding 10x fast with a bow or crossbow which is really unfortunate and feel like I have to play the same character to get good kill numbers. Conch lance attack should level your character faster as the attacks have to be set up and it takes time. It was pretty nice in the early patches and leveled about like bows do, now it is almost on par with athletics.

I really want to play a knight character that uses a lance and sword as a side arm, but it really isn't a very effective way to play the game. For one leveling riding takes for ever with a lance. I can level riding 10x fast with a bow or crossbow which is really unfortunate and feel like I have to play the same character to get good kill numbers. Conch lance attack should level your character faster as the attacks have to be set up and it takes time. It was pretty nice in the early patches and leveled about like bows do, now it is almost on par with athletics.
Well in reality letting go of the reins and controlling your horse purely with your legs and hips (which is what you do with a bow on horseback) is a tougher skill to learn and master, especially when you're doing it at speed and in combat.

Couching a lance or spear is a relatively simple move.

Crossbows though are implemented all wrong. They were a one-time use weapon on horseback as you couldn't reload them easily, and they weren't often used on horseback anyway. It took gunpowder to make ranged weapons on horseback popular in Europe.

at lvl 0 i can use the hunting bow on my old horse and kill 10 looters from range, maybe get hit by a couple of rocks if i'm not careful

but if i try to kill them with a spear. i'd most likely fall in combat before i rout them. the poop fork cavalry stun is too op and u can simply just get locked to death from a bad charge

the key is to shoot them till they rout then chase them down with a spear. i guess every battle u can chase routing troops with ur spear

If couched lances bother devs so much in MP, just make them parryable with good reflexes or something.

I really dislike when people use videos like this as an argument. He's going at a walking pace - couched lance wouldn't make any sense at that speed, let them try that at a trot at least.

I seem to remember in Warband you could chamber block couched lances even with a 1 hander. But it damn hard to do, so really good players were rewarded which is the way it should be.
You could, but for some reason only with a shield.

Back
Top Bottom