Corrupted Saves

Users who are viewing this thread

So i was happy to start a new Viking Conquest campaign, i made it to Day 363 and when i got off for the night i wake up in the morning and play but when i load up my save, all of my characters gear is gone, nothing is in my inventory, and my companions have lost everything, my land is all gone, there are no lords moving around my wife was gone, my banner had changed, the only thing that was walking around the map were traders and farmers, there were no bandits, lords, or even clergy.  So naturally i was pissed and decided to install Perisno again since the new update was out, and i started up a new character, i shut my computer off after getting to day 17 then wake up this morning and get on, most of the men in the tavern have no body and have a bald head that resembles a raisin.  I verified game cache and all that, and i'm not sure why it keeps happening, could anyone help me with this???

that is a Warband (game engine) issue

if you are not using auto-save (ironmode) then check your savegame folder and rename the automatic backup in there. You can then load it normally.

if you are then you will have to use a older save or start over.

TLDR: while playing Warband&mods keep backups

Just to add a note on prevention of save corruption:

I've seen some modders (one of the early designers of The Last Days, and one of the Pendor developers) comment that save corruption can be reduced by saving within interior scenes rather than on the world map. So save inside a town/castle/village/camp scene. I think the reason is some save corruption occurs from catching the worldmap at bad times, and saving in interior scenes avoids that.

Anecdotally, I've always followed this rule and never experienced a single save corruption, though given how random things behave that isn't itself good evidence. Still, it is a fairly painless procedure to follow, so might be worth doing.

I have had good luck saving only when the game is paused or when I'm in a scene.  The only time I got a corrupted save was when saving during movement on the campaign map. 

Back
Top Bottom