Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Platform
PS4

abcabccd

Recruit
Summary: save corrupted
How to Reproduce: save the game, quit and then come back tomorrow the saved games are corrupted
Scene Name (if related): save screen
Media (Screenshots & Video):

any solution to bring the corrupted back to live?
I don't believe there is any way to recover the corrupted saves, unfortunately.

However, with the workaround suggested by @DrakenSilverwing , it is possible to make further progress and avoid saves corrupting in the first place.

The workaround in question: Avoid using "Save" or "Save and Exit" and never trust an autosave. Occasionally make a manual "Save as" (a new one, don't overwrite the old ones, as overwriting seems to be part of the issue) and clean up saves while you are in the saved game menu.

I personally save before and after any major battle (whether it's against a lord, an army, or taking a castle/city), and keep the last 5 or so saves as backup since my personal crashes almost all seem related to conversations with other lords, ESPECIALLY the after-battle conversations.

I don't believe there is any way to recover the corrupted saves, unfortunately.

However, with the workaround suggested by @DrakenSilverwing , it is possible to make further progress and avoid saves corrupting in the first place.

The workaround in question: Avoid using "Save" or "Save and Exit" and never trust an autosave. Occasionally make a manual "Save as" (a new one, don't overwrite the old ones, as overwriting seems to be part of the issue) and clean up saves while you are in the saved game menu.

I personally save before and after any major battle (whether it's against a lord, an army, or taking a castle/city), and keep the last 5 or so saves as backup since my personal crashes almost all seem related to conversations with other lords, ESPECIALLY the after-battle conversations.
so I should delete the old saves and not overwrite them

so I should delete the old saves and not overwrite them
Correct. Overwriting them seems to be a large part of what eventually corrupts them, which is why the autosaves are basically guaranteed to eventually end up corrupt. They make an original save the first three times, then start overwriting themselves.

I haven't personally had any of my manual saves corrupt ever since I started making sure to NEVER overwrite them. I just keep the 5 or so most recent in there.

With the latest v1.0.3 update, we have sent some fixes related to this issue. Could you update your game and report to us if you are still experiencing this issue?
  • [PS] Fixed a bug that caused a save to get corrupted when overwriting save files. Old saves might still be corrupted when overwriting (this includes auto-save), so make sure to create a new save file (choose "save as") for any existing saves that you want to safeguard.
  • [PS] Fixed a bug that prevented the deletion of corrupted save files.
  • [PS4] Reduced the save file limit from 32 to 16 to allow for larger files without corruption.
    • If you have more than 16 save files, this will not delete your files. It will only prevent you from creating new files until you are below 16 again. You can overwrite all existing files.

Hello,
I am still experiencing the corrupted save issue. I had about a 15 hour play through and one day my game crashed and when I got back on it said corrupted save. Could you help? Thank you 🙏

Back
Top Bottom