Need More Info Corrupted Save Files

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.0.0.3232
Platform
PS4
Lol. He tries but i kinda recruited half his clans so... He chill in his corner lately.
In the last campaign I was running, him and the Western Empire had each taken roughly half the map. It wasn't until after Raganvad died that the Sturgians started pushing back.

Now, hopefully whoever is moderating this support section (@MArdA TaleWorlds) will start implementing your suggestion in their responses to people reporting this issue. As was a safe bet, there are a whole lot of angry people who are demanding refunds already, and "Wait for a patch, we can't restore your saves." tends to make them angrier.

Right.. Just glad there is a work around with this! And hopefully there is a patch for it very soon though. They could temp fix the underlying problem if need be by implementing the autosaves to make a new save everytime and just auto delete the first autosave made. Would likely help. But then still would have the problem happen if someone kept quicksaving over 1 manual one instead of making a new one...

Right.. Just glad there is a work around with this! And hopefully there is a patch for it very soon though. They could temp fix the underlying problem if need be by implementing the autosaves to make a new save everytime and just auto delete the first autosave made. Would likely help. But then still would have the problem happen if someone kept quicksaving over 1 manual one instead of making a new one...
Right, right. Some tweaking here and there on their end would probably wrap this right up. Until then, let's thank those dirty Sturgian god's that we've got a reliable workaround.

this dosent help me get my hours of lost play back though. unless the patch fixes the "corrupted" files so I can continue im done with banner lord. honestly want a refund at this point as its unplayable

this dosent help me get my hours of lost play back though. unless the patch fixes the "corrupted" files so I can continue im done with banner lord. honestly want a refund at this point as its unplayable
I will certainly agree that the loss of those hours of play hurts. That's an investment that I lost myself several times, to the tune of 50-60 hours, maybe more.

I was 100% ready to quit. I did quit. Didn't touch it for a few days.

However, I'm forced to disagree with your assessment that the game is unplayable, as I now have THREE campaigns where I have established my own kingdom and conquered roughly 80% of Calradia.

The workaround of occasionally pausing and using a manual "Save as" 100% works.

Is it aggravating? Sometimes.

Does it suck to have this looming fear of a crash? Definitely.

Do I lose SOME progress with every crash? Sure. But the progress I'm losing now is typically 5-15 minutes or so.

The most typical crash I have experienced appears to be related to conversations, specifically after battles, so I make a point to manually save before I ACTUALLY start the battle, just in case this is the one that makes me crash.

It is not ideal to have to circumvent an intentional game mechanic (intended to help you, by automatically saving), BUT... it works.

You wont get the hours back regardless wether you continue play with the new upcoming patch or workaround or not play at all.

You might find starting over with all the new knowledge you have and maybe a different playstyle enjoyable. I got to the point in my 2nd campaign that i knew nothing could stop me from conquering all. I started over lol, and played as a merc till rank 6 keeping balance. Was annoying at first starting over but now its easily my fav campaign and only just a bit ago took my first town to start a kingdom.

If you play. Just be sure to "save as" more often and dont totally rely on the autosaves. Check yer saves every once in awhile to make sure nothing corrupted. Its a lil extra work but considering the amount of time you can sink into the game its not much extra wasted time overall.

You wont get the hours back regardless wether you continue play with the new upcoming patch or workaround or not play at all.

You might find starting over with all the new knowledge you have and maybe a different playstyle enjoyable. I got to the point in my 2nd campaign that i knew nothing could stop me from conquering all. I started over lol, and played as a merc till rank 6 keeping balance. Was annoying at first starting over but now its easily my fav campaign and only just a bit ago took my first town to start a kingdom.

If you play. Just be sure to "save as" more often and dont totally rely on the autosaves. Check yer saves every once in awhile to make sure nothing corrupted. Its a lil extra work but considering the amount of time you can sink into the game its not much extra wasted time overall.
I mean you're right. anger is just taking over at the moment. bro from release until today I've been playing nonstop. I even bought the game on my pc to play mods after I was tired of vanilla on my ps5. I've never been this frustrated about a game ever. im sure over time I will play again but idk if I can count on the manual save. because if I lose another 100 hours im going to lose my mind

I will certainly agree that the loss of those hours of play hurts. That's an investment that I lost myself several times, to the tune of 50-60 hours, maybe more.

I was 100% ready to quit. I did quit. Didn't touch it for a few days.

However, I'm forced to disagree with your assessment that the game is unplayable, as I now have THREE campaigns where I have established my own kingdom and conquered roughly 80% of Calradia.

The workaround of occasionally pausing and using a manual "Save as" 100% works.

Is it aggravating? Sometimes.

Does it suck to have this looming fear of a crash? Definitely.

Do I lose SOME progress with every crash? Sure. But the progress I'm losing now is typically 5-15 minutes or so.

The most typical crash I have experienced appears to be related to conversations, specifically after battles, so I make a point to manually save before I ACTUALLY start the battle, just in case this is the one that makes me crash.

It is not ideal to have to circumvent an intentional game mechanic (intended to help you, by automatically saving), BUT... it works.
I'm not even mad about the crashing. my game crashed like 5 times since release. I went to save my game after a long ass siege battle to see all my files was corrupted. didn't think to save as at that moment and closed the game and relaunched it. now everything is gone. no crash nothing. just gone. my saves corrupted IN GAME lol like wtf is going on here

I'm not even mad about the crashing. my game crashed like 5 times since release. I went to save my game after a long ass siege battle to see all my files was corrupted. didn't think to save as at that moment and closed the game and relaunched it. now everything is gone. no crash nothing. just gone. my saves corrupted IN GAME lol like wtf is going on here
From what @DrakenSilverwing and I have discussed, it definitely seems to be linked to the autosave system, and is DEFINITELY a pain in the mule.

So far, the only way to guarantee any real progress for me has been to save both before and after anything I think might trigger it, which unfortunately means saving before/after any battle, before/after any tournaments, and definitely before/after directly speaking to another character.

It's way more work than I'd really like to put into maintaining a campaign, BUT... it works. He and I have also suggested (and I'll do it again now) that @MArdA TaleWorlds start suggesting that workaround in their responses to these tickets, since it is a guaranteed "fix", albeit HOPEFULLY temporary.

After losing my 6th campaign to whatever save corruption issue is running rampant, I was LIVID. Like... find a lawyer (because violence is typically frowned upon) livid. Buuuuuut again, Drake steered me straight and I gave it another shot. I'm definitely glad I did.

Summary:Save File Corrupts after save and exit. Losing all progress.
How to Reproduce: Play for a few hours and then lose progress again.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
We should be able to get a refund for this game. It is pointless playing at this time when all saved files gets corrupted.

We should be able to get a refund for this game. It is pointless playing at this time when all saved files gets corrupted.
I agree that dissatisfied customers (with a legitimate grievance) should be able to get a refund on pretty much any purchase, I cannot agree that ALL saved files get corrupted. There are several of us now that are sharing (all over these forums) a workaround for the corruption that occurs when saves are overwritten.

I ORIGINALLY couldn't get past clan rank 5 before my saves eventually corrupted (for a total of 5-6 campaigns), BUT I haven't had that issue ONCE since I started using "Save as" to make manual saves, NEVER overwriting, and deleting autosaves.

Please fix asap deletion of corrupted saved files, on console we have limited amount of them, I am going to reach that limit with all corrupted saved games(((((((

Goto your saved data in the consoles storage and delete the game files from there. Cant believe you got full on corrupted saves before figuring that out at least...

Don't use the "save" or "save and exit" make New manual "save as" files occasionally and delete old saves every once in awhile. Autosaves are not safe over time. Again, Don't "save" though. New Manual "save as" is safe though.

I have the same problem. I checked here if others have the same problem, used the "save as" option but still got three corrupted files... Noticed when my saves got fewer and fewer. I hope this gets fixed soon.. :<

I have the same problem. I checked here if others have the same problem, used the "save as" option but still got three corrupted files... Noticed when my saves got fewer and fewer. I hope this gets fixed soon.. :<
Are you overwriting those manual saves or making new ones and deleting the old ones? If you're overwriting your manual saves, they will end up corrupt as well.

I typically save mine as the first three letters of the character name and whatever number it is, so something like Rag1, Ydw47, etc. until I declare my own kingdom, which is where I make a whole 'nother "PreKingdom" save and start the numbering over again.

That way, I can not only keep track of how long that campaign has been going, but I can also easily notice if any of them have disappeared or need to be deleted (to save space and theoretically keep load times down.)

Are you overwriting those manual saves or making new ones and deleting the old ones? If you're overwriting your manual saves, they will end up corrupt as well.

I typically save mine as the first three letters of the character name and whatever number it is, so something like Rag1, Ydw47, etc. until I declare my own kingdom, which is where I make a whole 'nother "PreKingdom" save and start the numbering over again.

That way, I can not only keep track of how long that campaign has been going, but I can also easily notice if any of them have disappeared or need to be deleted (to save space and theoretically keep load times down.)
Thank you for the advice! First i couldnt delete them but figured out a way from the ps4 settings. Gonna delete them and create new saves while waiting for the fix :>

Thank you for the advice! First i couldnt delete them but figured out a way from the ps4 settings. Gonna delete them and create new saves while waiting for the fix :>
Hopefully that fix arrives sooner rather than later, since I'm sure we'd all prefer to focus on the game and not the lingering fear that the crash hiding around the corner is going to push our progress back by a quarter hour - days, depending on whether or not any saves are corrupted.

Luckily, I haven't noticed any corrupt saves taking up slots after adopting the whole "make a new save, delete the oldest" approach. I'm currently running four campaigns (two Sturgian, one Battanian, and an Imperial), which makes picking and choosing a "game phase" pretty easy. Want to focus on the small-scale conflicts chasing bandits and looters around? Jump into one of the young campaigns. Want to deal with all the diplomacy and back and forth wars? Jump into one of the "more developed" campaigns.

With the latest v1.0.3 update, we have sent some fixes related to this issue. Could you update your game and report to us if you are still experiencing this issue?
  • [PS] Fixed a bug that caused a save to get corrupted when overwriting save files. Old saves might still be corrupted when overwriting (this includes auto-save), so make sure to create a new save file (choose "save as") for any existing saves that you want to safeguard.
  • [PS] Fixed a bug that prevented the deletion of corrupted save files.
  • [PS4] Reduced the save file limit from 32 to 16 to allow for larger files without corruption.
    • If you have more than 16 save files, this will not delete your files. It will only prevent you from creating new files until you are below 16 again. You can overwrite all existing files.

Back
Top Bottom