Need More Info Corrupted save file

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Platform
PS4
Summary:When I was losing a battle, I closed the application to avoid the fight then reopened it, it said that my file was corrupted, figured I had to come here to ask how to get it back
How to Reproduce:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):

Unfortunately we can't help with corrupt saves but thanks to you we might have found a reason why the save files are getting corrupt. Thank you for the report and sorry for any inconvenience.

Unfortunately we can't help with corrupt saves but thanks to you we might have found a reason why the save files are getting corrupt. Thank you for the report and sorry for any inconvenience.
For Clarity I have the same bug where I can't play as my saves corrupt and I never done anything like quit battles I might lose. I did manually save fairly frequently as I had suffered a few blue screen crashes.

For Clarity I have the same bug where I can't play as my saves corrupt and I never done anything like quit battles I might lose. I did manually save fairly frequently as I had suffered a few blue screen crashes.

I need that patch that was mentioned or a refund 😅

Ps4 here. 2x has happened on different campaigns now. Luckily i saved manually a lot this last time. Didnt even close out mid load or fights this last time. I only noticed the autosaves all were corrupted this time during one of my manual save times.

Ps4 here. 2x has happened on different campaigns now. Luckily i saved manually a lot this last time. Didnt even close out mid load or fights this last time. I only noticed the autosaves all were corrupted this time during one of my manual save times.
Have you had any luck keeping a manual save "clean"? I ask because I haven't. I noticed that you've mentioned them (manual saves) in a few of your posts, but every time I've had a stack of saves suddenly corrupt it has included EVERY save, manual or auto.

As much as I love this step in the M&B saga, I can't bring myself to pick it up again now that I know I'll have to start from scratch roughly the same time I begin establishing a kingdom.

Goto yer save files in system storage on the console and delete the ones you know are corrupted. It seems to only corrupt the ones that get overridden when you quicksave or autosave. So when i manual "save as"i do 2 of em just in case atm. I got lucky this last time for i was looking to reload and saw 3 corrupted ones. So i just made a new save and deleted the corrupted ones. So for no new ones got corrupted. V

Goto yer save files in system storage on the console and delete the ones you know are corrupted. It seems to only corrupt the ones that get overridden when you quicksave or autosave. So when i manual "save as"i do 2 of em just in case atm. I got lucky this last time for i was looking to reload and saw 3 corrupted ones. So i just made a new save and deleted the corrupted ones. So for no new ones got corrupted. V
Right, I've been deleting the corrupted saves in my system storage. THIS seems to suggest it has something to do with the corruption occuring when the save is overwritten (I'm pretty sure I saved over my manual saves myself).

The last time this happened (to my manual saves), I think I managed to do "Save & Exit" twice, the second time overwriting the first. Unfortunately, the next time the game crashed, EVERY save had been corrupted yet again.

With the latest v1.0.3 update, we have sent some fixes related to this issue. Could you update your game and report to us if you are still experiencing this issue?
  • [PS] Fixed a bug that caused a save to get corrupted when overwriting save files. Old saves might still be corrupted when overwriting (this includes auto-save), so make sure to create a new save file (choose "save as") for any existing saves that you want to safeguard.
  • [PS] Fixed a bug that prevented the deletion of corrupted save files.
  • [PS4] Reduced the save file limit from 32 to 16 to allow for larger files without corruption.
    • If you have more than 16 save files, this will not delete your files. It will only prevent you from creating new files until you are below 16 again. You can overwrite all existing files.

Back
Top Bottom