Need More Info Corrupted game files

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Platform
PS4
Graphics mode
Fidelity
We are really sorry for the issues you are having while playing. Please note that we are working on the issues as much as we can and hope to fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience.

We are really sorry for the issues you are having while playing. Please note that we are working on the issues as much as we can and hope to fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience.
I don't know if this is helpful to the people working in it, but the crashing on my PS4 seems to happen specifically after battles when either taking a general prisoner or letting them go, always crashes on the screen which I am speaking to them right after a battle.

Yeah this crashing constantly after every 15 mins is stupid now, and saving the game constantly because of fear of crashing, I'm spending more time doing this than actually playing and enjoying it, how was the game released in this state, it's ridiculous. Spent full price on a faulty product, this & cyberpunk is why I never buy games at launch anymore, you guys seem more than willing to take our money and then say you're fixing it and sorry for inconvenience etc, just feels like I've been ripped off.

Seriously though, makes it impossible to advertise the game to friends, just lost my entire playthrough that I was doing for youtube, this is the third time it's happened and it only happens when I make a kingdom, execute people, or get in a situation where I'm battling 10 different parties in a row

I've given up & I'm in the process of getting a refund, the game is unbearable to play on ps4, taleworlds should be ashamed of selling this to fans in this state, absolutely no amount of updates are going to stop the game from needing manual saved every 5 minutes or crashes every 10 minutes, I hope I get my money back because I'll never get the hours back.

I have a ridiculous amount of hours in it already on console and i can confirm certainly that the workaround untill a patch is done works reliably. Im even getting lazy with it. Just don't use the normal "save" either. Make new "save as" at times and every once in awhile check to see if the autosaves corrupted. Only 1x has one of em did so. I just made a new manual save. Deleted the corrupted one then went back as normal.

Yes agreed though the crashing sux. Happens too much. Not for me when talking or doing mundane things. Usually mid siege if anything and once while in the inventory sorting after a big battle. Does hiccup after battle talking but has yet to crash during said time. I always save before a siege starts or a big battle anyways. Least losing 15min is better then a campaign. Wish i could send a message to everyone beforehand as a warning bit ill still recommend this game 100%. I just tell em the issues and a fix and the fact that most all new big ambitious games has some issues at the begining.

Understand noones scammed. They had no idea of this bug being a thing before and couldn't really have since it just came out on consoles.

I say if they make it so autosaves or the basic "save" button makes a new save the deletes the old one it was ment to replace it would likely fix the issue long enough for em to figure out the real underlying issue. But maybe the next patch which is bound to be soon will resolve this. Its not a huge AAA budget team either. Give credit for everything else. No other game is like this on consoles at least. And they been working on this for a very long time. They care. Feel bad for em just as much as this bug effects the ppl.

I have a ridiculous amount of hours in it already on console and i can confirm certainly that the workaround untill a patch is done works reliably. Im even getting lazy with it. Just don't use the normal "save" either. Make new "save as" at times and every once in awhile check to see if the autosaves corrupted. Only 1x has one of em did so. I just made a new manual save. Deleted the corrupted one then went back as normal.

Yes agreed though the crashing sux. Happens too much. Not for me when talking or doing mundane things. Usually mid siege if anything and once while in the inventory sorting after a big battle. Does hiccup after battle talking but has yet to crash during said time. I always save before a siege starts or a big battle anyways. Least losing 15min is better then a campaign. Wish i could send a message to everyone beforehand as a warning bit ill still recommend this game 100%. I just tell em the issues and a fix and the fact that most all new big ambitious games has some issues at the begining.

Understand noones scammed. They had no idea of this bug being a thing before and couldn't really have since it just came out on consoles.

I say if they make it so autosaves or the basic "save" button deletes the save first the remakes a new one it would likely fix the issue long enough for em to figure out the real underlying issue. But maybe the next patch which is bound to be soon will resolve this. Its not a huge AAA budget team either. Give credit for everything else. No other game is like this on consoles at least. And they been working on this for a very long time. They care. Feel bad for em just as much as this bug effects the ppl

I say if they make it so autosaves or the basic "save" button makes a new save the deletes the old one it was ment to replace it would likely fix the issue long enough for em to figure out the real underlying issue. But maybe the next patch which is bound to be soon will resolve this. Its not a huge AAA budget team either. Give credit for everything else. No other game is like this on consoles at least. And they been working on this for a very long time. They care. Feel bad for em just as much as this bug effects the ppl.
I used the work around, it actually %100 worked, haven't had a corrupt file since.

But it's not the point, I'm up to the stage on the game where I am fighting the empire every second, aggressively being attacked and therefore aggressively trying to destroy them, taking prisoners, sieging towns & castles etc. And it's these points (some of the best parts of them game) that it tends to crash most.

Its crashing every 5 - 10 minutes, load time is another 5 - 10 minutes, I'm not even getting a good run when I play it.

I love this game, I even got a friend to buy it on ps5, I'm not bashing the game, for me it's incredible, which is why it's so frustrating I cannot play the game properly, I tried to play this game and disregard the crashes but after a while it feels like I'm doing way to much to have a chance to enjoy the game for over 10 minutes, this game wasnt made for PS4 to handle at all.

And I disagree with you when you say they knew nothing, they would know something about the games defects on consoles, if they arent actually testing games on consoles before release then isn't that Incredibly foolish? And if they are testing the game (which I believe somebody would have) you don't think they would have run into 1 of these game breaking issues?

It feels like a huge scam, paying full price for a game that barely works on the system I have? Having to find work arounds and only having 10 minutes of decent gameplaye each time I load the game? I'm sorry but that's a scam, I'm taking my money back & re purchasing when it's on sale & I have a ps5.

My game keeps crashing and giving me the blue screen, I’m playing on the PS5, there’s no corrupted data but whenever I start the game and press continue campaign the game crashes, I tried for like 20 times and still the same issue. although I tried to reinstall the game and follow playstation support guidelines but no benefit.

My game keeps crashing and giving me the blue screen, I’m playing on the PS5, there’s no corrupted data but whenever I start the game and press continue campaign the game crashes, I tried for like 20 times and still the same issue. although I tried to reinstall the game and follow playstation support guidelines but no benefit.
That's disappointing to hear, my friend has it on ps5, apart from getting corrupt files once he's been playing it fine, they really have alot to do to make the game playable, releasing the game in this state was such a bad mistake all its done is waste their fans time.

Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord Unplayable on PS4
Been playing it on an og ps4 daily for hours since release. Definitely not unplayable. a bit buggy. Hate the red eyes bug the most now. Lol. But considering the size of the game i was expecting bugs still at release and tuned after. Already a couple patches since release. Very very few big games start out with no bugs anymore. Theres many more popular games out there that still have and or had it much worse then this starting out. Feel bad for taleworlds too for not catching a couple major ones beforehand though. Worse feeling for them then you. We may or may not have lost hours cause of a bug. They have and likely feel like losing weeks/months or longer.

Been playing it on an og ps4 daily for hours since release. Definitely not unplayable. a bit buggy. Hate the red eyes bug the most now. Lol. But considering the size of the game i was expecting bugs still at release and tuned after. Already a couple patches since release. Very very few big games start out with no bugs anymore. Theres many more popular games out there that still have and or had it much worse then this starting out. Feel bad for taleworlds too for not catching a couple major ones beforehand though. Worse feeling for them then you. We may or may not have lost hours cause of a bug. They have and likely feel like losing weeks/months or longer.
Don't know what PS4 you have but if I'm restarting the game every 5 mins that's unplayable, and how can you feel more sorry for them than the gamers, they may lose time fixing things, we lost time & money, the players are the ones losing in this situation not the Devs.

I dont understand the sympathy for TaleWorlds. They obviously dont care enough to do some minor testing on console, it’s all it takes. You dont have to play for very long to experience crashes or save corruption.

They knew what they were doing and my respect for them is nil.

For the anti-TW crew amongst this thread... Have you all already forgotten the absolutely catastrophic debacle that was CDPR's Cyberpunk?

Everyone threw CDPR under the bus until it was revealed that their third-party QC team were the culprits behind so many bugs being overlooked.

A few months later? Netflix puts out a show, CDPR puts out a few updates, and now everyone thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread.

If TW is doing their testing in-house, that is more work (hours upon hours) for their various teams to do, which limits the time they can put into fixing things.

If TW is contracting their testing, they're losing money on a subpar contractor.

Yes, we all SPENT time and money buying and playing this game, but so did every single TW employee. Were they paid for their work? Hopefully. Did they spend their time working on this game as opposed to spending it with their families? Definitely. Are the issues (uncaught by WHOEVER is testing) costing them money? Absolutely.

For the anti-TW crew amongst this thread... Have you all already forgotten the absolutely catastrophic debacle that was CDPR's Cyberpunk?

Everyone threw CDPR under the bus until it was revealed that their third-party QC team were the culprits behind so many bugs being overlooked.

A few months later? Netflix puts out a show, CDPR puts out a few updates, and now everyone thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread.

If TW is doing their testing in-house, that is more work (hours upon hours) for their various teams to do, which limits the time they can put into fixing things.

If TW is contracting their testing, they're losing money on a subpar contractor.

Yes, we all SPENT time and money buying and playing this game, but so did every single TW employee. Were they paid for their work? Hopefully. Did they spend their time working on this game as opposed to spending it with their families? Definitely. Are the issues (uncaught by WHOEVER is testing) costing them money? Absolutely.
Cyberpunk still doesnt work on my PS4 properly so I deff don't think it's great, especially since they purposefully told people not to review the game on PS4 before release.

I appreciate what the developers have done, I love the game. But it doesn't work on my ps4, and it seems like it really wasn't meant to be played on that system. I can't excuse releasing a game in this state, I actually despise the fact some people approve of this kind of gaming culture, I payed full price for a game, how can I be happy or patient being sold a game at full price that flat out doesn't work properly?

They've been payed, the least they can do is fix the game, the gamers didn't force them to realease the game in such a poor state, the people who have bought this game that were convinced they were buying a finished product at full price are the ones who have been wronged, not the developers.

Also I bought the game digitally so trying to get a refund is ridiculous, ps support are making me jump through hoops just to prove the game doesnt work, so I'm finding it really difficult to listen to anyone defending these actions.

Also I'm not anti TW I've been playing mount & blade games for years, I'm just not comfortable being sold a faulty product, the last game I bought on release when I could was cyberpunk, so the fact that it's basically just as bad & it's come from TW just makes me not trust any games devs regarding new games.

Cyberpunk still doesnt work on my PS4 properly so I deff don't think it's great, especially since they purposefully told people not to review the game on PS4 before release.

I appreciate what the developers have done, I love the game. But it doesn't work on my ps4, and it seems like it really wasn't meant to be played on that system. I can't excuse releasing a game in this state, I actually despise the fact some people approve of this kind of gaming culture, I payed full price for a game, how can I be happy or patient being sold a game at full price that flat out doesn't work properly?

They've been payed, the least they can do is fix the game, the gamers didn't force them to realease the game in such a poor state, the people who have bought this game that were convinced they were buying a finished product at full price are the ones who have been wronged, not the developers.

Also I bought the game digitally so trying to get a refund is ridiculous, ps support are making me jump through hoops just to prove the game doesnt work, so I'm finding it really difficult to listen to anyone defending these actions.
I'm with you on most of this Omega. Cyberpunk didn't live up to the hype even after it "was fixed" (for me). I also agree that releasing any new games on what is now considered outdated software (PS4/etc) is a very risky maneuver, even if done well. I also don't "approve" of intentionally misleading anyone at any time (short of saving a life), and I definitely wouldn't ever ask you to feel any sort of way (in regards to your happy or patient remark.)

As for anyone forcing TW to do anything, I am personally in the dark when it comes to their shareholders (if they have any), but nine times out of ten, if anyone forces a company to do anything... it was shareholders or the government. For the moment, I'll side with you and say that it was purely TW's decision, BUT... I'll point out that they (at least) appear to be working on fixing things. They're a small team, comparatively speaking.

I also bought it digitally, and I can't fault you for seeking a refund. Your money, you choose what to do with it. I agree 100%. However... PS Support making you jump through hoops is a whole 'nother pony show entirely, and if you're trying to figure out who -I- have very little love for... you did a good job. Ol' Subpar Sony takes the win again.

Got over 350hrs already in the game on my ps4... Lol. According to a friend who checked via his ps5. Game is buggy. It crashes more then really is acceptable but it works. Just needs tweaking and the save bug fixed most of all. Though im used to the method i use to save and avoid corrupted files its more for everyone else now.

No mans sky.. If anyone played it in the begining knows how "bad" it was and its a smalll team. Now. Years later. Still being updated and is amazing and winning awards even in the past year.

Things will get fixed. So many are quick and relentless to complain and have no patience anymore. So few look at all the work that goes into games nowadays. Waited years for this game and happy with it finally releasing. Its got work to do but its a massive game tbh. Alot goin on in the background. Its harsh on the ps4 but glad its on it. If i could get a ps5 id love this for it.

Back
Top Bottom