Resolved Corrupt Save?

Users who are viewing this thread

It's pretty hilarious, do you guys have a QA department? If not you should at least be running your code through unit testing. There is no way this patch received any sort of unit testing, let alone proper validation.

I know... what do those slackers think they're doing, not playing video games at work :xf-tongue:

Even worse, they probably don't even need to play the game for this particular issue. Depending on the engine and environments they use it should just be a matter of creating a set of python scripts that saves and loads the game through out different conditions.

This is really embarassing that after 8 years of development they can't even get the saves to work. I wasn't critical of the other issues with the game but it should at least be functional in its most basic form, early access or not. Early access doesn't mean a kickstarter project despite what fanboys will argue. Early access means an unfinished but playable game, not a glorified alpha test. And I call it alpha because saving the game is among the bare minimum functionality to call it a working game.

This is really embarassing that after 8 years of development they can't even get the saves to work. I wasn't critical of the other issues with the game but it should at least be functional in its most basic form, early access or not. Early access doesn't mean a kickstarter project despite what fanboys will argue. Early access means an unfinished but playable game, not a glorified alpha test. And I call it alpha because saving the game is among the bare minimum functionality to call it a working game.

That's not what EA means. There is no rule dictating how finished a game has to be before it can be considered Early Access. All it does is giving you access to whatever the devs are working on, not an early version of the product. Even Steam considers it normal for an EA game to be in Alpha state. Is it overpriced? Yes, but it doesn't the fact that the devs still sell this game as EA and you have to accept that it's not fully functional in this state.

Yeah, this is bull****. I wait an entire day just for this fix and this is the bull**** that greets me. I get that it's EA and all, but it's abundantly clear the devs don't even playtest their ****ing fix.

GTX 980 ti 6 gb. Thing is I keep having hard crashes that result in corrupt saves, usually when I talk to people in the overworld map ie bandits lords caravans companions etc. The Hard crash means my Graphics Card will lock up and shut everything else down, I can't restart computer without reconnecting power cable. Posted three times on this issue, emailed as well, no one has heard/responded. Patch 1.0.2 semi fixed this but really just postponed the issue until four hours into a save.

Bizantium:
That's not what EA means. There is no rule dictating how finished a game has to be before it can be considered Early Access. All it does is giving you access to whatever the devs are working on, not an early version of the product. Even Steam considers it normal for an EA game to be in Alpha state. Is it overpriced? Yes, but it doesn't the fact that the devs still sell this game as EA and you have to accept that it's not fully functional in this state.

Bizantium again, 22 minutes after his post defending EA:
Yeah, this is bull****. I wait an entire day just for this fix and this is the bull**** that greets me. I get that it's EA and all, but it's abundantly clear the devs don't even playtest their ****ing fix.

That was quite the turn around in response, lol.

XD this is really funny.
At first I thought I could play campaign and just run with the EA. But after the first Impress I already accepted that I will have to restart sooner or later without achieving anything i had in mind. This is EA and we are not even a week in. so none of those bugs are really unexpected.

Bizantium:

Bizantium again, 22 minutes after his post defending EA:

That was quite the turn around in response, lol.
His save file must have went corrupt in between those replies lmao xD
Yeah he really talks a big game until it happens to him haha

My saves were already ****ed when I made the first comment. If you guys actually read, you'll notice that I don't blame the broken state of the game, but the devs who don't properly test their fix before they push it.

My saves were already ****ed when I made the first comment. If you guys actually read, you'll notice that I don't blame the broken state of the game, but the devs who don't properly test their fix before they push it.

I'm pretty sure that they read the posts. It's still pretty damn funny lol. Lighten up, we're all in here slightly miserable for losing quite some hours of progress.

The game's early access shouldn't have been sold at this price. Maybe they felt very confident that it didn't have this many issues when they made it public... I guess people can still get a refund if they bought on Steam and such platforms until they finally patched the major things.

That's pretty sad, that devs can't fix/test this kind of problem, but new patch is only about this problem, so they are trying to.

And about EA and sell price, game in development for 8 years or so, and they need paper, and I'm not so sure that steam mechanisms allows to sell game twice. And also, starting a new campaign was inevitable, but ffs not on early versions.

Back
Top Bottom