Correct XSLT usage for Kingdoms?

Users who are viewing this thread

fatrod

Recruit
Hi there,

I am working on a historical mod whereby I am changing the default kingdoms, clans, and lords, and am replacing (and adding) them with historically accurate ones.

I have already added my new data via XML, but am now stuck trying to remove the original kingdoms and clans via XSLT. When attempting to add an XSLT for any of these corresponding XMLs I get an "object reference not set" error. This happens if I try to remove the entire sandbox file:

<xsl:template match="Kingdom"/>

Or if I try to reference individual kingdoms.

Are there other dependencies that I am missing with my new XML files? Do I need XSLTs for multiple files for this to work properly?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

I noticed looking at the Realm Of Thrones mod that they have kept all of the existing clans, and overwritten them, rather than remove via XSLT...would that be because there are several other dependencies on the existing clans?

I noticed looking at the Realm Of Thrones mod that they have kept all of the existing clans, and overwritten them, rather than remove via XSLT...would that be because there are several other dependencies on the existing clans?
There are dependencies. Unless you know what you are doing, it‘s safer to rename and customise existing Kingdoms/clans and add to them.
I suggest you look at this custom kingdom creation guide https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/3185

There are dependencies. Unless you know what you are doing, it‘s safer to rename and customise existing Kingdoms/clans and add to them.
I suggest you look at this custom kingdom creation guide https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/3185
Yep thanks mate. Have been working off that guide.

Based on what I saw on the GoT mod I have re-keyed everything to use the existing clans...which has worked well. Including splitting them across kingdoms where required, which also works!

If you use campaign/story mode often the npcs involved in the quests are pre set to be of certain kingdoms/cultures and those will be null values if replaced by xslt.

So the fix in that specific case is to use sandbox.

Back
Top Bottom