corona? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

First of all, intelligence and education are not the same thing.
They're not the same but correlated. The longer the education the higher the IQ.
I think that's commonly known, but here's a source:

The evil big pharma predicts omicron vaccine availability in September, so I'm guessing people would be asked (but probably not required) to get an omicron booster shot in Autumn, to prepare for the next wave.
But (the current) Omicron has shown to be very mild and is the very reason vaccines are not needed. Very few people require hosptalization, and don't get very sick, vaccinated or not. No need to vaccinate against it, the way I see it.

Last edited:
But (the current) Omicron has shown to be very mild and is the very reason vaccines are not needed. Very few people require hosptalization, and don't get very sick, vaccinated or not. No need to vaccinate against it, the way I see it.
Well, people are still dying from omicron every day even in a small country such as mine.
I see getting an omicron booster as a smart move for groups at risk, just as getting a flu shot for people with low immunity. If you are going to get a booster at this point, it only makes sense if it's tailored to omicron.
I realize you may have been personally desensitized by the 15 million excessive deaths you have witnessed. :iamamoron:

That was before Omicron :smile:
In Denmark in late 2021 about 80% of those eligible for the vaccine had been vaccinated. Yet from December and onwards as Omicon took over we started seeing sky high cases with 30-50 thousand daily cases. But hospitalizations kept dropping. People simply didn't get severely sick from Omicron, vaccinated or not. Intensive care units saw almost no new patients. No point in keeping up the vaccinations, as the authorities rightly saw.

Not that personal experiences matter as arguments, but I've seen it first hand where I work. As Delta disappeared so did the patients. Close to all those in hospital with Omicron were there for other diseases. Even a few months ago when we had 50,000 daily cases (Omicron) it was quiet at the 'covid ward', mainly filled with a few (3-6) patients from nursing homes, mostly sick from other causes.
All this might of course be different in other countries. It's not easy getting an overview anymore now that reporting on the pandemic has gone down a lot.

Last edited:
They're not the same but correlated. The longer the education the higher the IQ.
I think that's commonly known, but here's a source:

I also don't really agree that intelligence and IQ are the same thing. I don't think that we really have a good way to measure intelligence. All we can do is measure skill in a specific task. That is not the same.

Practical example: we can all kind of tell if someone performing surgery is a skilled surgeon or a schmuck just by looking at them performing a surgery. But there's no metric to measure surgical skill in a general sense (and for what is worth this actually overlaps what I do research on). Intelligence is even more general than that, so I am extremely skeptical of anyone who claims that they can quantify it with a number.

I kind of agree on the omicron part, however it seems to me that the risk/benefit analysis still leans towards the vaccine being the better option.

It's very sad to see that you are using your power as moderators to enforce censorship. ?
However this is not the problem right now, but the people who insult (and are allowed to).
You're not persecuted, you're just an *******.
Screenshot_20220506-183321_Chrome.jpg

Feel free to post more nonsense about supporting your immune system to get natural immunity and how that somehow is safer & more effective than vaccines, and I'll give you ample opportunity to go read about Edward Jenner and Louis Pasteur. If we want to further divert into bull**** about not knowing what's in vaccines or scare tactics about their contents, then you will have time to read up on Alexander Glenny as well. I could go on all day and name-drop innovators who have saved more people than you will ever meet, but I think you see where I'm going with this.

Anti-vax opinions are unwelcome here. There's the line in the sand. Cross it if you like.

Yes. I agree IQ tests are pretty poor at measuring anything but being good at IQ tests :smile:
You example sounds more like "skill" than "intelligence". Or maybe that's the same to you.
You may not measure practical skills but the results can be quantified. If a bridge collapses the engineer was bad.
Same with surgeon: if there's a higher rate of post-operative infection, deaths, or patients limping despite a new hip (e.g.) the surgeon is bad.

Reminds me of an almost funny study about how female surgeons scored better on post-operative outcomes (incl. lower death rates).
The researchers noticed the female surgeons spent more time talking to the patients before surgery and speculated it gave them a better understanding of the condition. But they could of course just be better surgeons. (With surgery being a male dominated field the women might have to be 'top tier' to get ahead).

Honestly I don't even know that I have a good formal definition for intelligence. I think we would all agree that you can't be a skilled surgeon without being intelligent though. On the other hand computers really are not intelligent. And yet they are way better than humans at many of the tests that are used to evaluate cognitive capabilities.

The results definitely are the only quantitative measure of surgical skill that one can have, but they don't necessarily measure surgical skill in a general sense. Also the main challenge (and I am thinking specifically about robotic surgery here, although I think that this is also true in general) is that ideally you need to evaluate someone's ability before you send them on their merry way to practice on patients. In practice this is done by having them practice on simulators until they show a certain level of proficiency, and them having them shadow expert surgeons and eventually start with simple surgeries. There's a lot of research in using virtual reality for training, but we are not yet at the point where we can be confident about sending someone out to do surgery on people after VR practice alone.

And yes now I am mostly rambling on on things I enjoy :smile:.

In practice this is done by having them practice on simulators until they show a certain level of proficiency, and them having them shadow expert surgeons and eventually start with simple surgeries. There's a lot of research in using virtual reality for training, but we are not yet at the point where we can be confident about sending someone out to do surgery on people after VR practice alone.
I'm pretty sure you are talking about one specific simulator here.
403665-Surgeon-Simulator-Experience-Reality-review-PSVR.jpg

This thing with the vaccines being dangerous reminds me a lot of the gypsy that kept cursing me with bad luck when I was a college student because I wouldn't give her money. She got upset and stopped doing it once I told her that she had already done it fifteen times and I was probably immune to it by now.

Like, man, I sure hope you're better at detecting scams in other aspects of your life because the red flags are all there, very visible, and it's just sad that you are still letting this kind of person make money off you after all this time.

Don't you know that the experts are always wrong and strange people on youtube are always right? Our boy Ferdinand here ALONE knows the truth and the rest of us well-educated and critically-minded people are clueless.

We had presidential (=inconsequential) elections here and there was a purely antivax candidate who got 6% of the votes and was placed fourth, just behind the main three candidates. The cultists are scary as they are, but the real problems begin if they take levers of power.
The mainstream leftists were criticizing the unpopular lockdown regimes in the past (because it was done under a right-wing government), but never the science, although there are plenty of "vaccine-neutral" people who say they don't know and then pop some less crazy antivax claims.

You read some lies on the internet and believed them, and now you believe you are smarter than smart people... You smart, experts wrong. You enlightened, intellectuals blind.
But deep down you know you don't have the intellectual capacity to understand complex truths, just simple lies with an anti-establishment narrative.
Just go back to your cult and don't bother people.

You read some lies on the internet and believed them, and now you believe you are smarter than smart people... You smart, experts wrong. You enlightened, intellectuals blind.
But deep down you know you don't have the intellectual capacity to understand complex truths, just simple lies with an anti-establishment narrative.
Just go back to your cult and don't bother people.
Who is bothering other people here is you, not only in this topic to be honest. With some help from "above", which is even more disgusting.

1.1 Trolling, Flaming, Baiting and Harassment

Who is bothering other people here is you, not only in this topic to be honest. With some help from "above", which is even more disgusting.

1.1 Trolling, Flaming, Baiting and Harassment
Play a victim all you like, it won't make you more intelligent.
The moderator policy is to delete antivax disinformation. So don't post antivax disinformation, or go post it somewhere else with your cultist friends and cry about the sinister elites ruining your lives, because that's all you know and all you want to know.

Back
Top Bottom