corona? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

It's all preliminary research and not peer reviewed, but still interesting.
I honestly wish they wouldn't share results from studies that have not been peer reviewed yet. We don't know what really is going on yet, sharing results that haven't been verified is only liable to create confusion in the larger public which, I think is safe to say at this point, is unable to understand a nuanced view on things and the fact that evidence changes over time.

Are we still sharing vaccination stories?
Today I went to get a flu jab and I noticed a lot of dead bodies in the waiting room. Some were still breathing, probably those with some immunity to vaccines. So I stepped over the bodies and went into the vaccination cubicle where two nurses were dead too and I had to give myself the vaccine.
Other than that, it went okay and my arm is not sore.

We've been released back into the world a while ago and it's been around a week since anyone in the household showed any symptoms, so I think we're in the clear now.

It was not a fun experience and I have to admit to myself that the fact that Omicron is in the picture and I may jump into same carousel again fills me with primal terror. First couple of days of severe fever were not as bad as what followed, with me feeling generally well, but all of sudden falling into coughing fits that would leave me absolutely exhausted and sore - not the throat, but the muscles. It felt like my whole torso was getting seized in a series of cramps. Still having issues sleeping, but no idea if it's related or just reaction to all the stress. When it was worst I would wake up to my brain just revving up like mad, instant stream of thoughts, ideas and random bull****, including catchy songs, just playing with no way to turn it off.

Will be scheduling a booster for February so that it sticks until **** hits the fun again in the Spring, think there's no need to rush to get it now.

That's harsh. The silver lining is that you are as ready for omicron as you can ever be.
Be mindful of any lingering long-term effects, it seems that some of them are psychological. It's sometimes the fear that gets people to develop symptoms, so try to de-stress. Your country will need you, the space race is not over yet.

When I got my first shot three weeks ago, I was lowkey impressed that their system already made me a schedule for the second shot by the time I got home. Three weeks later I went there again for the appointment, along with dozens others, only to find the place empty because the staff were all out holidaying. Never change, my gov. Never change.

Edit: And now they published a new schedule, but I can't sign up for it because the website thinks I'm already signed up thanks to that 1st shot. This is frustrating.

Last edited:
COVID is exploding at the college where I work. Meanwhile we can't do online classes because our (Republican of course) legislators threatened to withdraw state money from the college if we do that. So I have to enforce attendance in person on students. I am offering Zoom options for people who are sick but I am already walking a thin line there.

I also find interesting to look at the number of cases and deaths here and in Italy, where 80+% people are vaccinated. The spike in number of cases in Italy is even higher than here, but the number of death is comparatively much lower. Like, what more evidence do you need?

You'll have a hard time convincing anyone with Omicron's weaker effects.
Luckily, if there are no further mutations this year, we can see how the whole things settles to an endemic flu-like problem. The anti-vaxxer conspiracists are already moving on to climate change conspiracies, they have to stay relevant!

Got omicron last week. Several days of low fever and now I'm presumably done. I was triple vaccinated, the last time in November.

I'm sure I was in contact with the virus weeks before as I got a sore throat twice that went away. I got infected this time presumably because my immunity dropped due to drinking or cold or whatever AND possibly a huge viral load from a co-worker who tested positive recently and we work in the same space that's rarely ventilated (he's triple vacced too and had barely any symptoms).
I'm not quite happy about this, as I don't know if there's any lasting damage. It was kind of inevitable, as Slovenia is at the top of the infection rates for weeks, because too many people are selfish morons here, especially the youth and the immigrants from the Balkans who are the most ignorant and resistant to science. I really hate people now, some more than others.

Last edited:
Got omicron last week. Several days of low fever and now I'm presumably done. I was triple vaccinated, the last time in November.

I'm sure I was in contact with the virus weeks before as I got a sore throat twice that went away. I got infected this time presumably because my immunity dropped due to drinking or cold or whatever AND possibly a huge viral load from a co-worker who tested positive recently and we work in the same space that's rarely ventilated (he's triple vacced too and had barely any symptoms).
I'm not quite happy about this, as I don't know if there's any lasting damage. It was kind of inevitable, as Slovenia is at the top of the infection rates for weeks, because too many people are selfish morons here, especially the youth and the immigrants from the Balkans who are the most ignorant and resistant to science. I really hate people now, some more than others.
At least it was omicron, your odds are pretty good with that one and your vaccination status. But yeah people suck.

It seems very effective. ? ?

Back
Top Bottom