corona? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

I like how they skipped Nu and - especially - Xi in the alphabet :iamamoron:
(I think there's a Mu variant, but we've heard little about it)
Imagine if they didn't. They are not edgy memelords. If Joe was a greek letter they would have skipped it too.

The Swiss backed the Covid pass as a government measure on a referendum (requested by the anti people). The antivaxxer hopes around the world that they are the "people" and the majority, were quashed.

Last edited:
He was a victim of society that produces Ancalimons, where truth is not directly observable, but always hidden behind veils of conspiracies. You can choose your truth at will as nothing can be proven conclusively anyway in your world.
Sometimes directly observable things can also be hidden in such a way that someone could look directly at it but fail to see it because he was unable or conditioned to do so.

I like how they skipped Nu and - especially - Xi in the alphabet :iamamoron:
I came here just to point this out lol. Can't risk offending a childish mafia government when you're effectively owned by them.

That being said, I'm seeing a lot of hate against anti-vaxxers here. I'm not one, but I haven't taken any vaccine myself. All these nonsense make me wary of vaccine. It doesn't help that my country is still keeping Moderna for medical staff, while the majority of the population is supplied the ****ty Chinese vaccine instead. There's been a lot of outrage here because of its low efficacy rate, with people calling covid a government scam and other ridiculous stuff. I'm still going to wait until the world figures this **** out.

Now now, before you folks insult me for not taking a vaccine and risking the collective immunity, I work as a programmer and I've been working from home for the past year and a half. The only travelling I do is quick grocery run.

That being said, I'm seeing a lot of hate against anti-vaxxers here.

Most people on this forum are West European or American, where "anti-vaxxer" conjures up the image of an entitled karen who doesn't actually care about vaccination risks, they just hate being told what to do and see all commands as a form of humiliation. So saying you haven't taken the vaccine will immediately make euromericans think you're one of those people.

Great. Now MadVader will think I'm a chinese nationalist karen lady. I hope I'm at least hot.
You are not a true authoritarian if you don't go vax yourself, comrade. Of course, avoid the cheap Sinovac ****, Sinopharm is much better and Moderna is even better.
We are at the point of using only Pfizer lately, because there's enough for everyone and we can afford the best ****. When you arrive at a similar point of having Moderna or Pfizer available, then you should go. If you are in a risk group, like being a fat Chinese Nationalist reminiscent of a cartoon bear, you should take anything on offer, it's better than being hot (from Covid fever).

When you arrive at a similar point of having Moderna or Pfizer available, then you should go.
Pfizer is still rare in my country too. I tried to get it a few weeks ago and it's still out of stock. It has started to be supplied to the general populace, but the demand is so high. It's ridiculous because the government is not asking for that many western vaccine because we've already got a **** ton of Sinovac from China (thanks a lot, Ryan Jinping). What little Moderna we get are reserved for the front liners. All that rumor about Pfizer having a small risk of ruining your heart doesn't help either, so yeah. I'm still waiting this out in my cave.

Pfizer is still rare in my country too. I tried to get it a few weeks ago and it's still out of stock. It has started to be supplied to the general populace, but the demand is so high. It's ridiculous because the government is not asking for that many western vaccine because we've already got a **** ton of Sinovac from China (thanks a lot, Ryan Jinping). What little Moderna we get are reserved for the front liners. All that rumor about Pfizer having a small risk of ruining your heart doesn't help either, so yeah. I'm still waiting this out in my cave.
Get the data and decide, waiting won't do a thing when there's an outbreak. There are miniscule risks to everything - be a man, man.

A plus side of Sinovac is that it is designed to recognise different areas of the virus, not just the spike protein. That means it might fare better against this new Omicron strain than Moderna or the Pfizer one, because as far as I'm aware they only recognise the spike protein, which has changed a lot in Omicron from the spike proteins of earlier strains.

A plus side of Sinovac is that it is designed to recognise different areas of the virus, not just the spike protein. That means it might fare better against this new Omicron strain than Moderna or the Pfizer one, because as far as I'm aware they only recognise the spike protein, which has changed a lot in Omicron from the spike proteins of earlier strains.
This is interesting, so to repeat, specialized vaccines attacking a specific spike protein are more effective, while inactivated virus vaccines like Sinovac or Sinopharm are (much) less effective but stay effective against mutations because antigens target all kinds of viral stuff, not just the spike. It's exactly what poor countries need, while the rich ones can benefit from quickly developed, highly effective, specialized vaccines for extensive mutations.
Basically the optimal vaccine to take where there are several mutations around is Sinopharm(?), if you had to pick one.

Last edited:
Apparently a slovenian heroin addict that has recieved 23 pfizer jabs would disagree. I doubt it was only for the money, though i'm on my 3rd pfizer jab, yet still no buzz whatsoever.

It sounds like this is the first human trial (phase 3) of the drug with just 377 participants.
It's a new drug and the study is by the company itself.
Would be nice with a few trials by other (independent) researchers. But still, looks like good results.

(As Dane I'll now be suing them for cultural appropriation of that ridiculous name. My mythology is not a product.)
Sadly my concerns were not unfounded.

A new study shows meagre effect - almost down to chance.
Of 322 people in the placebo group, 15 were hospitalized and one died. That is, the rate of hospitalization and death was about 4.7 percent with a placebo. Of 324 people who received molnupiravir, 20 were hospitalized and one died. That's a rate of hospitalization and death of 6.2 percent, which is slightly higher than the rate in the placebo group.
Members of the FDA panel summarized the efficacy data as "not overwhelmingly good" and "modest at best."
It will probably get emergency use authorization, and Merck will make a lot of money before we find out for sure the pill is useless.

Back
Top Bottom