corona? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

My cousin lost smell and taste couple of weeks before Christmas, her husband was feeling ****ty, both tested negative, but the doc said it's impossible and to take care of themselves. They were quite surprised, he's working remotely and she was a cave goblin already before this whole ****show started. Turned out that ****ton of people tested positive at her father's workplace earlier and he decided to not inform the household, then made an issue out of them getting tested because 'they all could get quarantined for no reason'.

Been sitting on that one for a while, but really didn't want to tempt the fate with 'they're feeling okay'. Dodged a bullet on visiting them, made last second decision back then (because cases surged in my town, sic!) and I'm quite sure my uncle already knew when they were talking us into coming to them.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers :grin:

Somebody from the NY tracing corps called me and told me, among other things, that since I have no symptoms, the positive might be residual viral load from up to 90 days ago, so I may have had it and already recovered from it quite some time ago, so....I will also get free food delivered to my house on Wednesday and then again on Sunday, so here I am - an immigrant public charge. Thanks Obama!

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers :grin:

Somebody from the NY tracing corps called me and told me, among other things, that since I have no symptoms, the positive might be residual viral load from up to 90 days ago, so I may have had it and already recovered from it quite some time ago, so....I will also get free food delivered to my house on Wednesday and then again on Sunday, so here I am - an immigrant public charge. Thanks Obama!
Don't overlook Nathan's hot dogs for delivery and a spray pump hand sanitizer. Also, get the NY Times delivered.

Our out-patient clinic is seeing more and more people with post-corona complications.
Also a lot who never needed hospital care, but are now suffering from shortness of breath, fatigue, nausea, headaches and such.
Even many months after, and they are either on sick leave or can't do their jobs like they used to. Not to mention daily chores.
A Danish study indicates about 75 % of all people admitted to hospital for covid-19 have some of these complications.
It'll be interesting to follow in different countries in the coming year(s).

I see.
Now, new corona type spreads %75 faster right? There can be one more mutations that leads to high death rate with more spreads.. It's possible.
And, mutations can also broke all vaccines.

From what I understand some mutation can affect the effectiveness of vaccines, but are very unlikely to render them useless. Luckily the British variant does not seem to affect them at all, although there is another variant that could.

Oxygen is in high demand in Mexico, Brazil and other countries in the Americas.
Gangs are stealing it, and people use it to treat family members at home, since hospitals are full.
In a separate incident on Tuesday, armed men broke into a hospital in Sonora state to steal oxygen tanks, according to AP. Reports say the thieves pointed a gun at a hospital employee, demanded to know where the oxygen was kept, and took four empty canisters and three full ones.

In another case, a truck that had been reported stolen was stopped close to Mexico City carrying 44 oxygen tanks. Demand is high for the tanks as relatives try to treat sick family members at home, when hospitals are close to full.
xvv6k.jpg

In the footage, a man behind the camera remonstrates with a consultant, who tells him that a patient will die if his oxygen tube is removed. When asked about what treatment is being given, the consultant explains that the patient has coronavirus pneumonia affecting both of lungs and is being treated with steroids and antibiotics.

The man behind the camera says that patient should be brought home and the treatment replaced with vitamin C, vitamin D and zinc...
It's funny if it wasn't so sad.

Back
Top Bottom