corona? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Accually there is.

It's not peer reviewed yet though. This is a pre-print. It does seem that this is being looked into by some people

And I guess that it would make sense to use mouthwash before doctor visits.

In the worsening rural Panhandle, roughly half of the admitted patients in Lubbock’s two main hospitals had COVID-19
In the Texas border city of El Paso, overwhelmed morgues have begun paying jail inmates $2 an hour to help transport the bodies of virus victims
In Reno, Nevada, Renown Regional Medical Center began moving some coronavirus patients into its parking garage.
In Kansas, hospitals are converting spaces such as chapels and cafeterias for use by COVID-19 patient ...

“It kind of feels like we’re just, you know, yelling into the abyss,” said Cheyanne Seematter, a registered nurse at Stormont Vail. “We keep telling everybody to stay home, wear a mask, that it is actually bad here.”

A friend of mine, who's an anesthesiologist in CZ and therefore on the front lines with her intubation skills tells me that, at least in her hospital, basically everyone admitted to ICU with corona is also obese. Is that your experience too, Adorno? Or anyone else working in healthcare?

To some degree. We know from research that obesity is the biggest risk factor of all when it comes to covid.
Bigger than chronic lung diseases, diabetes and cardio-vascular disease e.g.
I wouldn't say "everyone", but it's definitely common. If they're not obese, they are old (65+ years) and/or chronically ill.

In a French study, the risk for invasive mechanical ventilation in patients with COVID-19 infection admitted to the intensive treatment unit was more than 7-fold higher for those with body mass index (BMI) >35 compared with BMI <25 kg/m2.2
Among individuals with COVID-19 who were <60 years of age in New York City, those with a BMI between 30 to 34 kg/m2 and >35 kg/m2 were 1.8 times and 3.6 times more likely to be admitted to critical care, respectively, than individuals with a BMI <30 kg/m2.

Uz061.jpg

Last edited:
She didn't "break down" but was emotional after talking to a mink farmer for an hour about his life's work now gone.
There was no legal authority to cull all those mink, so it's a serious case that could shake the current government.
The minister of agriculture has since stepped down and everyone - police, politicians, officials etc. - are blaming each other.

Not to mention how the mink have been poorly buried and are rising from the ground like mini zombies.
H8wUI.jpg

(I'm still not sure there was even cause to mass exterminate all those minks. But that's a personal assumption.)

Last edited:
She didn't "break down" but was emotional after talking to a mink farmer for an hour about his life's work now gone.
There was no legal authority to cull all those mink, so it's a serious case that could shake the current government.
The minister of agriculture has since stepped down and everyone - police, politicians, officials etc. - are blaming each other.

Not to mention how the mink have been poorly buried and are rising from the ground like zombies.
H8wUI.jpg

"Farming" also containts bad things, and i want to believe that -at least they behave farmed-ones good, and "end" their lives without pain-. But, after i read books, news or watch docs.. Seem like there is a silent reality at all over the world. Things should be better -at least- . And, ppl(all over the world) must care-talk-take action in laws for them. Not just care about farmers, or economies... Sad.

Last edited:
Everyone should be taking their Vitamin D :smile:,I heard it reduces risk for covid-19 complications. So go out and get some sun if you can.

n= 154

Well, it's Nature, so it must be true. But seriously, I wouldn't say this 1 study is enough to generally encourage vitamin D supplements.
It's from 1 country (India) and one hospital in an area with very high cases of vitamin D deficiency.
The prevalence of vitamin D deficiency was 31.86% in Group A. In Group B 96.82% patients were vitamin D deficient ...
That is extreme.
In western countries there is a strong association of vitamin D deficiency with socioeconomic status, which doesn’t holds true in India, rather few studies have demonstrated lower prevalence of vitamin D deficiency in low socioeconomic status and correlated this to higher sunlight exposure in lower socioeconomic strata of India. Keeping this in view authors excluded accounting of socioeconomic status as independent variable.
It would still have been interesting to include socio-economic status instead of just assuming based on previous research.
Why were there such a high prevalency of vitamin D deficiency in this specific area of India? Can you extrapolate the results to other parts of the world?

But it's certainly interesting and adds to a series of studies indicating vitamin D is linked to the immune system.

It's from 1 country (India)

Yeah, they really didn't diversify the sample enough. But i'm pretty sure there are other studies with a greater number of n and sample diversity.

I even heard the UK is giving out Vitamin D supplements to the elderly, around 2.5 million.

Better safe than sorry I guess.

Last edited:
Let's also keep in mind that excess vitamin D is harmful.

The IOM Report in 2011 not only discussed the upper limits (ULs) for vitamin D intake on the basis of the acute, short-term administration of high-dose vitamin D preparations for limited periods but also emphasized chronic administration of vitamin D over years of supplementation. Acute toxicity would be caused by doses of vitamin D probably in excess of 10,000 IU/day, which result in serum 25(OH)D concentrations >150 ng/ml (>375 nmol/l). That level is clearly more than the IOM-recommended UL of 4,000 IU/day. Potential chronic toxicity would result from administration of doses above 4,000 IU/day for extended periods, possibly for years, that cause serum 25(OH)D concentrations in the 50–150 ng/ml (125–375 nmol/l) range (15).

Dunnow. I hear some negative expressions that tell drugs used aganist corona causing hearth attack. And some say that their only positive role is reducing patient's time spent at hospital if already he/she's lucky aganist corona.

Reducing the time (only even 1-2days) important for health workers, but also i wouldnt take full amount of drugs due to my lil.

I will check around, news etc -articles if possible- for the vitamin D and effects of drugs. Need more info imo.

Okay. I don't even know favilavir. It's not used in Denmark. Only Japan/Asia, I think.
And plaquenil - or hydroxychloroquine - was tested and found useless. I hope it's not used anywhere.
So I think you're safe. Where I work you would only be treated with corticosteroids (which has proven effective)
and Remdesivir (which so far seems useless, but more research is needed).

Okay. I don't even know favilavir. It's not used in Denmark. Only Japan/Asia, I think.
And plaquenil - or hydroxychloroquine - was tested and found useless. I hope it's not used anywhere.
So I think you're safe. Where I work you would only be treated with corticosteroids (which has proven effective)
and Remdesivir (which so far seems useless, but more research is needed).
The drugs i wrote are 2 of the 4 drugs that using aganist corona cases (ım not sure about others but if im not wrong there is 2 more drugs, and they are rarely using by patients-not sure).

They are, written ones previous post- , so common in use. And, health autority wants patient take them like this:

hydroxychloroquine (which causes hearth problems? ) :

1x morning 1xevening, 5days = 10

favilavir( which is not using by pregnat ones) :

First day; 8x morning 8x evening,
4more days; 3x morning 3x evening.

Source https://www.sozcu.com.tr/2020/saglik/81-ile-covid-19-ilaci-kullanim-brosurleri-gonderildi-6146150/

Some ppl dont want to ise much drugs. And its' reasonable as reducing time spent at hospital.. Just if its really efective & healthy.

Back
Top Bottom