corona? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Reform UK

The new party will back a policy of focused protection from the coronavirus for only the most vulnerable,
and allow the rest of the population to develop herd immunity ...

Farage will now tell the virus to only infect "the rest" ?

It's pretty big deal. In Denmark Mink farms is a huge industry known for their high quality.
Now most of Northern Jutland (the main peninsula) is shutting down (schools, restaurants, sports etc.), with only critical functions operating.
It's still speculation that a mutation (whatever it is) could cause a vaccine to be ineffective. But no one wants to take that chance, it seems.

In the US

When I first saw the thing about the minks I thought, ok that can't be real. That has to be some kind of fake rumor. Then I saw that it was reported pretty much everywhere... And apparently it has been going on for a while too, it just jumped back to humans now.

2020 never disappoints I guess.

It's a rapid antigen test. They are bogus. You need a proper swab (PCR) test.
Antigen tests are notoriously unreliable and you can only count on positive results (meaning he has had Covid-19 at some point).
The Danish equivalent to CDC advise to only use them when PCR tests are not available.

Sounds like they should just wait for other vaccines. Several are nearing the final stages of testing.

The "rule of law" clause is quite literally just that, but Poland and Hungary oppose. Hmm.

The "rule of law" clause is quite literally just that, but Poland and Hungary oppose. Hmm.
Oh sweet summer child, no it isn't, it's an excuse to drive whole ships of immigrants into our countries, forcibly turn all of our children gay and sell all the natural goods directly to Angela Merkel. Oh, and turn every single church into Lidl. Or Kaufland. Fingers crossed for Kaufland, to be honest, they have better beer.

Honestly, seeing people screaming 'veto' about this reminds me of the 'liberum veto' from the Pol-Lit Commonwealth. Same kind of idiot energy.

I don't find this particularly surprising but I also don't see how it would help fighting the virus. It sounds only slightly better than the thing that was floating around Facebook saying that you should drink lots of water to "wash away" the virus.

Sounds like an ad for mouthwash. I'm also not impressed, and fail to see how "killing" some vira in the mouth will do anything.
It would require a big, clinical trial to test it, but I understand they're on it.

(Also, why is it a youtube video and not simply an article? At least have someone narrate it then.)

Much better :smile:

This might prove most interesting/useful:
"... it was important to see how long the virus lasts for in the throat and whether mouthwashes “could help reduce transmission, for example in dental investigations, mouth/throat examinations by GPs (doctors), or short-term contacts with vulnerable patients or other individuals.”

Back
Top Bottom