corona? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

There's a general tendency to vote the "not that one" way and 4 years ago being specifically not-Hillary probably helped Trump a lot.

But regardless of who exactly is his opponent in a given election, Trump is (appears to them as) not business-as-usual, not a product carefully crafted by PR agencies and decades in politics. The post Cold War era produced a political consensus that made parties converge to the center and politicians became near indistinguishable big tent, something little for everyone drones and people got tired and wanted something else. Something with any illusion of substance instead of the amorphous nothing. Obama tapped into that too, although in a different manner. Trump by saying outrageous things and generally not playing by the rules was different from the amorphous nothing, therefore he became the desired "something".

I'm sure he does appeal to them, but I don't think that's not what got him into the office. The same country elected a black man twice right before him.

That's an interesting way of describing it. I've never heard anyone put it like that before. I wonder if politics, even for Trump voters, has become a matter of choosing the lesser evil, or of voting for someone not because you believe in him, but because you're afraid of what will happen if the other party gets into power.
That's how it works in Poland since... huh, 1989, pretty much. The 'United Right' (sic!) won last two elections almost solely on people being fed up with PO that won previous two elections on threatening voters with PiS (quite rightfully so, I'd say, when PiS-led coalition won in the past they managed to dismantle their own government prematurely, cannibalizing their allies and trying to remove their leaders from political scene). There was not a single time since I'm allowed to vote that I could recall someone I wanted to vote for, rather than going for popular option to vote against someone else. Same for presidential elections this Sunday, I consider all eleven of them gutless morons, but I will try to make sure Duda isn't re-elected.

There was suspicion in the past that young people catch it first by going out and mingling, and then bring it home to the older relatives who don't expose themselves to it as much (some Italian newspapers speculated that that's what happened in Northern Italy). I guess we'll see if that's true in a week or two! But hey the first half of 2020 is almost done, what could possibly go wrong now.

Salbutamol for emergencies, which is called something else in the UK I was told. And for daily use something called Relvar Ellipta, smallest possible dose apparently.

Yeah, I am on salbutamol and Clenil. Apparently it;s not weird to develop random allergies as you get old.

ALSO. **** EVERYONE WHO WENT TO THE PUB @ 8AM
I don;t want to be stuck in my house for the rest of the year. :dead:

Last edited:
Yeah, I am on salbutamol and Clenil. Apparently it;s not weird to develop random allergies as you get old.

ALSO. **** EVERYONE WHO WENT TO THE PUB @ 8AM
I don;t want to be stuck in my house for the rest of the year. :dead:

tenor.gif

I have been cooped up in my apartment since February. It pisses me off to no end to see people going to have drinks and snuggle each other like if nothing is happening. This is not the time to be licking each other's faces.

Back
Top Bottom