corona? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Pandemics need a proper lockdown. If you install a week curfew/lockdown then people get bored and will eventually go out anyway. But if it’s properly enforced, people will think twice before breaking the rules.

edit- where I live near the sea, the weather has improved drastically and is nice and sunny. After coming home from work at the hospital, my road is full of cars, which means people have come from afar to go to the beach... yet they’ll most likely get away with it.

Pandemics need a proper lockdown. If you install a week curfew/lockdown then people get bored and will eventually go out anyway. But if it’s properly enforced, people will think twice before breaking the rules.

edit- where I live near the sea, the weather has improved drastically and is nice and sunny. After coming home from work at the hospital, my road is full of cars, which means people have come from afar to go to the beach... yet they’ll most likely get away with it.

Stay safe out there!

Wuhan Virus casualties: My grandfather. Sucks, he was very healthy and stubborn for an 82 year old, but the virus isn't kind to old or sick people.

My condolences, Nemo. :sad:

Roughly 20-70 people are dying every day in Sweden. The overwhelming majority of cases are in Stockholm, and what are the city inhabitants doing? Sitting tightly packed outside the restaurant in the April sun for a beer or going on ski vacation up north. The ski resorts and nearby residents have put up signs demanding them to return home. The selfishness of some amaze me... Some local politicians want to quarantine the city, very much like Oslo has been.

By this point, it's a safe assumption that some of you are screaming at your screens that the authors are idiots, because correlation isn't causation. But the study is well-controlled for other variables—for example, how rural an area is, how far it is from Seattle, or differential rates of health insurance—that could affect the local spread of COVID-19. For example, geography or rates of health insurance or educational attainment at the county level could explain these results.

On top of that, the study builds on previous (recent) work that has shown that there are partisan differences in how people respond to emergencies—areas that saw more votes for Trump have lower hurricane-evacuation rates, for example, as well as GPS data that shows less social distancing in areas that watch greater amounts of Fox News.

The hospital I work at (UK) has had a decrease in the number of positive cases over the last couple of days. People are still passing away, but more are being safely discharged. I just hope we don’t suddenly see a sharp rise in the number of cases.

Italy is preparing to reopen its stores and return to normal life. For the elderly, this is a bit uncertain as there´s currently a debate on whether to allow people aged 75 or older outside for when those younger will now leave their homes. Papers are on a national level, not needed anymore, but might vary after region. This excludes travelling outside of your resident region. Conte said it will be hard to move between big cities or otherwise particularly affected areas such as Lombardy and Piemonte. "Travelling from Milan to Rome and Palermo to Naples and vice versa might prove difficult." For me, this is not good news, as I have a booked flight from Rome on the 7th.

Mr Trump then hypothesised about the possibility of using a "tremendous ultraviolet" or "just very powerful light" on or even inside the body as a potential treatment.
"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute," he said. "And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

"Because you see it gets in the lungs and does a tremendous number on them, so it'd be interesting to check that," he said.
The man's a complete buffoon.

Back
Top Bottom