corona? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Going by current stats here in the UK. Ten percent of those known to have been infected have died. :<
Getting scared now. 4,413 deaths to 41,903 people that have tested positive. https://a.msn.com/r/2/BB12abcC?m=en-gb&ocid=News

Edit: So either a massive amount of people are unknowingly infected to make it up to the 2% estimated lethality. Or the lethality estimation was wrong.
Edit2:Testing is known to be far behind though.
Edit3:I could also be misunderstanding epidemiology terminology.

Last edited:
In the Netherlands the dead ratio is around 10%, 1.651 have died from a 16.627 confirmed infected. In the past ten day's each day between 100 and 150 people die of the disease, the vast majority of these people are above the age of 60 though.

1360 of our 1900 IC beds are filled so its hoping that the amount of people ending up there will decrease in the coming day's/weeks... German hospitals have even taken a few Dutch patients. I'm honestly glad to see hospitals/countries are willing to help each other out on that front. I was actually stunned to read how many IC capacities Germany has. It's insane compared to the amount we have.

Some ppl still dont care about virus or deaths(%05~?), but results are progressively increasing as we see.
There is also another increasing results as economically.. I realized that drawing tablets' quantity in market become less here with prices 2-3x more. Some say that's because we switched to the online education system aganist virüs' spread, and teacher needed/bought lots of graphic tablet for online education. This is a new thing, after toilet paper/cologne/mask or glove..

Edit: So either a massive amount of people are unknowingly infected to make it up to the 2% estimated lethality. Or the lethality estimation was wrong.
Edit2:Testing is known to be far behind though.
It's generally estimated that the dark/hidden figures are very large - testing is very far behind.
Perhaps there are 10 times more people infected than those who have been tested positive.
A 10% mortality rate is not realistic. It's closer to 1% or even 0.5% - which is still very high for such a common, highly virulent disease.

Ouch. I hope your family members will be alright, Nemo. :sad:

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Coronavirus-related illnesses killed 630 people in the last day in New York state, Governor Andrew Cuomo said on Saturday, in the grimmest 24 hours yet for the U.S. state hit hardest by the pandemic.

The novel coronavirus has now killed 3,565 people in the state and the situation is particularly worrying on Long Island, east of New York City, where the number of cases "is like a fire spreading," Cuomo told a news conference.

Health experts calculate that New York, home both to bustling Manhattan and hilly farm country stretching to the Canadian border, might be around a week away from the worst point in the health crisis which has killed about 60,000 people worldwide.

edit: One new post.

Lots of bad news, and only bring more. :sad:

My grandmother who lives in Norway (my mother is from Frederikstad) has tested positive, at this time her symptoms are mild but I am still extremely worried. I can't visit despite me landing for transit in Oslo. Keep safe, Arv and Nemo. And the rest of you too. Much love.

I hope there is a cure for all as soon as possible. Sorry to hear corona+ cases here.

Also i want to share two different kinds of news, and countunie to feed thread. Feel free to add corona releated news for all. Just try to make texts short & add source if posible.

"good choice"

Back
Top Bottom