corona? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Listened from Haberturk, 12 high fever suspects there. I thought we were closed flights(etc)with Iran to limit spread. But seems like its not over yet.
Plane landed Ankara, if there is a corona virus for real, it shouldn't spread out(hopefully it wont <3 ). That little virus spreads so fast. Possible negative effects to many lives, country economy, and bannerlord can be, even its unexpected. Italy and many other countries has the virus btw.

Another issue is what happens to animals for vaccination.

Other related news for further interest:

Addition 1

Addition 2

Addition 3

Coronavirus cases increasing at France-İtaly-South Korea and more.

Addition 4(Im back!):

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/11087453/turkey-latest-coronavirus-travel-advice-update/ First case in Turkey

Addition 5:

Addition 6:

Addition 7:

Addition 8: After 16 days of lastest (7th) Addition..

47 to 20921

"Erdoğan also announced that vehicles would no longer be able to leave or enter 31 provinces, excluding essential supplies, for 15 days. The cities include metropolis Istanbul and capital Ankara as well."

Addition 8: 2days-lockdown

Last edited:
You shouldn't worry what will happen with those patients as they're probably contained and in good hands. I'm more worried about super-spreaders walking around without any symptoms or sick people on other flights from other countries bypassing the measurements taken to control the virus. But no need to be an extreme alarmist. Also wrong forum, should probably be in off-topics.

Yes they are worse at spreading. Btw another addition: virus' incubation period was known as 14 days, updated up to 27*.
(27: china says its possible)

Last edited:
Yes they are worse at spreading. Btw another addition: virus' incubation period was known as 14 days, updated to 27.
27 days gives a horrible prospect since a lot of people has left quarantine after the previous suggested period. E.g. the cruise ship which let the Americans out of quarantine after just a week or so. Does the additional days include whether patients are still transmitting the virus after their health improves?

Should be moved to off-topic. But yes this virus is spreading like wildfire now which was to be expected. No amount of containment can truly stop a virus with characteristics like Coronavirus. Lukcily I work from home so I can limit my exposure if it makes it to my area of the UK. I also know how to profit from market movements related to the virus which I did this morning in fact by shorting euro against the yen!

Many more people die each day, every day, as we speak now, of the regular flu, than of corona virus. It's just something new, not the greatest threat at all. Governments like to test their "police hour" potential with situations like these, and it's perfect for killing human rights, with the people actually being compliant with it, because of fear of a "greater threat". Move on normally.

27 days gives a horrible prospect since a lot of people has left quarantine after the previous suggested period. E.g. the cruise ship which let the Americans out of quarantine after just a week or so. Does the additional days include whether patients are still transmitting the virus after their health improves?

"A 70-year-old man in China’s Hubei Province was infected with coronavirus but did not show symptoms until 27 days later " the news points out. I'm not sure but seems like there might be huge risk related with incubation.

Many more people die each day, every day, as we speak now, of the regular flu, than of corona virus. It's just something new, not the greatest threat at all. Governments like to test their "police hour" potential with situations like these, and it's perfect for killing human rights, with the people actually being compliant with it, because of fear of a "greater threat". Move on normally.

But if im not wrong this one is much faster at spread speed & more dangerous with its' higher death ratio than regular ones.

Actually the mortality rate is lower than that of SARS from 5 years or so ago. The thing that makes Coronavoris more novel and scary is the very long incubation period without symptoms, and it's ability to mutate quickly. So although the per condition mortality rate is lower, more people may die overall due to number of potential infections.

You shouldn't worry what will happen with those patients as they're probably contained and in good hands. I'm more worried about super-spreaders walking around without any symptoms or sick people on other flights from other countries bypassing the measurements taken to control the virus. But no need to be an extreme alarmist. Also wrong forum, should probably be in off-topics.
That’s the scariest part is people can catch the virus and be completely fine! This virus is a sly one

The lethality is relatively low, in that regard it's not much worse than other seasonal diseases. But yeah, the economy could suffer a lot if it's not properly contained. China is still reeling from the damage, if the same thing happens in Europe or the US it could send the world's economy into a tailspin.

Can't wait for the reasonably priced vaccine to appear. Then this health scam will be complete and we can stay calm until the next scare comes in a few years.

Stop telling me what I should or shouldn't be.
But cereally, this is not the first (or second) epidemic scare I've seen. These always bring good money for some people. I bet there are already a bunch of new millionaires that got rich just on manufacturing or exporting facemasks.

Foot & mouth disease, Ebola, SARS, MERS, now Coronavirus. None are any laughing matter. Coronavirus is more serious in terms of potential spread and cases, but lower in mortality. Typical media always hyping things up like it's going to kill half the population though.

The scary part is how easily it can kill the old and infirm. There's been a confirmed case relatively close to where I live and work, and I'm mildly worried that I could unavertedly harm the elderly in my family.

The scary part is how easily it can kill the old and infirm. There's been a confirmed case relatively close to where I live and work, and I'm mildly worried that I could unavertedly harm the elderly in my family.

Hope you all fine. And, corona gets under control forthe goodness of all.

Adding more news for further interest.

-Seems like -that the disease can recur again or the healed patient can make the disease-
+China and US seem close* for a vaccine(~6 months?)

Back
Top Bottom