corona? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Great people, wonderful people. One my favorite people. You know some people say Britain is one of the best islands. Some even say it's as good as Manhattan. It's very big too, I can tell you that. Not many people know that.

@Fietta I know its out of topic but can I ask can we get custom nicks like your "buıʇʇǝs uoıʇɔǝɹıp ʞɔɐʇʇɐ" if we can can u tell me how please?
It's a custom title. They are given according to the whim of moderators, generally for noteworthy or funny things people do, but it could be for pretty much anything. Stick around on the forums for a while and contribute, get to know people. That's pretty much the only way.

After the experts said that the colony would work in anti-virus measures, the queues overflowing in front of the cologne manufacturer Eyüp Sabri Tuncer’s store in Ankara Ulus became an agenda on social media. It is claimed that the stock of cologne is exhausted in markets such as BİM, A101 and ŞOK.

-Determined first case made some empty shelves or some stuffs more expensive in first day. We bought 10x400ml cologne from A101 yesterday(each one 5 turkish lira), which seems more expensive or not available today. This should be a temporary status.
-But, if it spreads as is Italy, Turkish markets can be much worse. If Italy, Turkey and many others be worse, world's economy might be really bad. Long term life style changes can be expected.
-Even Bannerlord's server capacities/amount can be affected in worst possible scenario. Btw, TW must have introduced new rules on hygiene. It would be nice to see the working environment.

You want to protect yourself from the virus by smelling better?

I think what people dont understand is even if it doesnt kill you it will most likely wreck you and you will be in bed for 2 weeks and it also has enormous impact on global trade and economy which is more important than human lives in long run. AKA bronz age
More important than your life, at most.

Cologne is alcohol based (I think). Maybe it's a misconception about alcohol killing the virus. Protip: it doesn't work ( - not like that).

Yesterday, when it was announced Denmark was partly shutting down, people rushed the supermarkets to buy food.
Especially yeast was popular. Totally sold out this morning.

Not to nitpick or anything, but the mortality of the covid-19 is ~3% , which is also much less than many other widespread diseases.

Last edited:
Has someone said otherwise? There have been my numbers. In China it's about 3.7%, but in Italy it looks like 8% (?).

If you're implying it's not so bad related to other infectious diseases, you're forgetting it's a new pandemic.
Health care services are generally equipped to handle the various seasonal infections like influenza (which it's often compared to).
But this new virus can easily burden hospitals to the point of collapse.
[Italy] has more than 12,000 confirmed cases and a death toll of 827.
Nearly 900 people with the virus in Italy were in intensive care, the WHO's emergencies head Michael Ryan said.

If food shortages ever happen I don't think being bored would be a high pritority. I'd much rather have something that can be eaten despite gas, water or power shortages.

Canned food will become boring and awful around the second day's breakfast, so ingredients that last are preferrable to the ready-to-eat ****.

Once upon a time, canned goods were considered the thing of the future and were a beloved staple. How times change. (Interesting point: I pretty much live off canned foods anyway, so I don't have much to worry about on that front.)

If food shortages ever happen I don't think being bored would be a high pritority. I'd much rather have something that can be eaten despite gas, water or power shortages.

This is basically why I'm so irritated that, for the most part, people - particularly people in the media - seem to be making this bigger than it needs to be. Many people don't even realize they're carrying it because they show no symptoms. Discounting those people, the virus has a mortality rate of roughly 3.7% (high estimate), just among confirmed cases. The vast majority of those are in the 60+ bracket, with the largest majority being in the 80+ bracket; people who often don't go out much in the first place. In addition, of the cumulative reported cases thus far, 53% have already recovered.

Yet with all these positives to look at, the news focuses on the negatives because that's what gets viewers in, and I worry it'll start an unnecessary panic wherein people scramble for supplies and store shelves empty out. They focus on things like the recent "pandemic" classification, despite most people thinking "pandemic" means "likely to destroy humanity". I mean here in America, we weren't half this worried about ebola when it was brought here (admittedly in a very controlled manner), and that had around a 90% mortality rate. Why are we freaking out over something that's basically a nasty flu? Take precautions, yes. Be careful when visiting the elderly, yes. Be careful if you are elderly, yes. But at this point in time, we don't need to freak out and let society collapse.

Once upon a time, canned goods were considered the thing of the future and were a beloved staple. How times change. (Interesting point: I pretty much live off canned foods anyway, so I don't have much to worry about on that front.)

This is basically why I'm so irritated that, for the most part, people - particularly people in the media - seem to be making this bigger than it needs to be. Many people don't even realize they're carrying it because they show no symptoms. Discounting those people, the virus has a mortality rate of roughly 3.7% (high estimate), just among confirmed cases. The vast majority of those are in the 60+ bracket, with the largest majority being in the 80+ bracket; people who often don't go out much in the first place. In addition, of the cumulative reported cases thus far, 53% have already recovered.

Yet with all these positives to look at, the news focuses on the negatives because that's what gets viewers in, and I worry it'll start an unnecessary panic wherein people scramble for supplies and store shelves empty out. They focus on things like the recent "pandemic" classification, despite most people thinking "pandemic" means "likely to destroy humanity". I mean here in America, we weren't half this worried about ebola when it was brought here (admittedly in a very controlled manner), and that had around a 90% mortality rate. Why are we freaking out over something that's basically a nasty flu? Take precautions, yes. Be careful when visiting the elderly, yes. Be careful if you are elderly, yes. But at this point in time, we don't need to freak out and let society collapse.

I don't think the apocalypse will come, but some regions in some places could suffer from scarcity for a few days or weeks, especially if you happen to live in a quarantined city or rural area. I myself live in one of the top 5 infected countries and have made no contingency plans, but can see why some people would rather be prepared. Not every corner of the world is well communicated or supplied.

I don't think the apocalypse will come, but some regions in some places could suffer from scarcity for a few days or weeks, especially if you happen to live in a quarantined city or rural area. I myself live in one of the top 5 infected countries and have made no contingency plans, but can see why some people would rather be prepared. Not every corner of the world is well communicated or supplied.

Yeah, that's true. Italy has a lot of rural space which might explain why matters are getting so tense over there, for example. In fact, Europe in general is pretty much divided between cities and rural areas in a fairly stark fashion, so I worry more about Europe's logistics long-term than I do the US or Canada.

Cologne is alcohol based (I think). Maybe it's a misconception about alcohol killing the virus. Protip: it doesn't work ( - not like that).

I couldnt get you. If you say that its not effective, well it is.

It has %80 Ethanol (also called ethyl alcohol).

"...To protect yourself against the new coronavirus, you should frequently clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water..."

and it need to be at least %70

Back
Top Bottom