corona? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

I think ppl get second dose after 4weeks for some vacs in Turkey atm.

England should be good at fight againist cov-19. There is a little celebration because of good condition, huh?

Strange correlation. I suspect fear mongering is at play in this blister story. The newspaper doesn't need to be right or wrong about this, it just needs to make it look as if the vaccine is causing the woman's suffering and suddenly all the people we managed to calm down about the small percentage of side effects are back to full resistance. In times like this, this kind of story is counterproductive and sharing it is being complicit in the crime

edit: yeah it's from the dailyfail; one shouldn't trust easily what comes out of that source of tall tales.

... this kind of story is counterproductive and sharing it is being complicit in the crime
Calm down. Of course the media can report on such things, like pharmaceitical topics in general.
You're effectivly saying certain stories should be hushed. That's not the direction we want to go in press freedom.

The article is quoting doctors and is not being 'alarmist'.
Although the headline with amputation of legs is too much. That was the patient's fear. Not an actual scenario.

Calm down. Of course the media can report on such things, like pharmaceitical topics in general.
You're effectivly saying certain stories should be hushed. That's not the direction we want to go in press freedom.

The article is quoting doctors and is not being 'alarmist'.
Although the headline with amputation of legs is too much. That was the patient's fear. Not an actual scenario.
He's right. It's another misleading tabloid scare story that does damage to the public faith in vaccines.
That kind of thing needs to be regulated and has very little to do with free speech.
Scare story => less people vaccinated => more people infected, harmed and dead. I don't understand how are you fine with this.

Dijiturk is also a culprit in spreading tabloid crap like this. Stop it.

edit: yeah it's from the dailyfail; one shouldn't trust easily what comes out of that source of tall tales.

I found more news, but i dont want to share them; they had no filtered pictures.. Ofcourse u can check related news from these websites urself:

I couldn't see the news at reuters. I may miss it. Or it may be a in a level of local news atm.

I'm just telling that we should use only totally reliable vaccines(not Astra or J&J as we hear some risks? ) & go curfews(taht economically etc supported) aganist covid-19.

Btw, reading/sharing/talking about health news & demanding only reliable vaccines(the ones with no dangerous side-efects that recorded); is not a bad thing. I'm not aganist vaccines as @MadVader says. I say, count every life important, and use safe ones + support ppl economicly and go to curfew : to win fight aganist covid-19.

*a curfew covering basic needs.

I mean to be fair I'd rather he does that here where it really can't do much harm than on Facebook or Twitter. But yeah, I thought we had already established that the Daily Mail is not a reliable source of information.

Edit: seriously @dijiTurk though, sometimes I wonder if sharing this kind of content is a job for you or something ?

@eddiemccandless Reading news from all over the world (in some kinds like cultures, games... or checking 2d artworks, etc) are some of the few things that interest me. I try to read news from 2 foreign news sources at my cellphone. They give many different kind of news, including health issues or cultures which mostly remarkable. So, thats not my job, it's my interest. Like passtime.

Two News Sources at My Cellphone:

Summarized, and up-to-date turkish news sources: euronews & sputnik.
(Unfortunately there're not much foreign news sources in turkish language, and the available ones; are not good at presenting news as two above. I'd like to hear VoA too, but its not even accepting my feedback mail to see what improvements i need to read news from their application).

Two cool(and Turkish broadcasting) channels that i like from Discovery:

Interesting things for me.. They interest...

Scare story => less people vaccinated => more people infected, harmed and dead. I don't understand how are you fine with this.
Happy stories only, then.

But seriously, can you elaborate on the policy? Should all stories putting vaccines in a bad light not be published?
All the stories about blood clots, relatives suing for damages. When Denmark stopped using AstraZeneca vaccines, should foreign media not have reported on that? J&J vaccines being paused in the US...

(I fully support vaccinations, but we can't stop media from reporting on negative stories. It's dangerously close to censorship).

Negative stories are published every day in serious media. It's not the negativity that's the problem, it's the misleading titles, claims, photos, you name it, of tabloid media and worse. It's conscious manipulation of fears and prejudices (for profit) at the expense of public health.
How's your moral compass?
I'm just telling that we should use only totally reliable vaccines(not Astra or J&J as we hear some risks? ) & go curfews(taht economically etc supported) aganist covid-19.

Btw, reading/sharing/talking about health news & demanding only reliable vaccines(the ones with no dangerous side-efects that recorded); is not a bad thing. I'm not aganist vaccines as @MadVader says. I say, count every life important, and use safe ones + support ppl economicly and go to curfew : to win fight aganist covid-19.
If you read this thread instead of spamming tabloid crap into it, you would have known that the side effects of ANY of the Covid vaccines are minimal. You are more likely to be hit by a bus or win a lottery.
You know too little about this to have an opinion.

@dijiTurk I think it's great that you try to be informed, and I applaud you for that. The issue is with the quality of some of your sources. Tabloids like the Sun and the Daily Mail do not actually aim to inform. They aim to publish sensational stories to encourage outrage and emotional reactions, instead of a rational conversation on important topics.

AstraZeneca and J&J are a perfect example. The take home message for those vaccines is not really that they are dangerous. The take home message is that the monitoring process that we have to keep track of side effects works, and it works really well, because it was able to highlight side effects that are incredibly rare.

@eddiemccandless Thank you.
I understand the reality. Maybe im just focusing more than enough to very low rates. And i couldnt find related news at Reuters(or somewhere like it) for this time, but i keep the thing in mind fur next ones. Again, im not aganist vaccines & curfew.

@Count Delinard My mental health can get worse if there are many bad news, so.. I guess you are right. I should achieve to decrease it & give a whistle to look more at bright side. •|•

those papers you linked are some of the worst uk tabloids, sensationalist bull****.

not finding something on reuters doesn't mean you have to listen to the daily mail and the sun and their ilk, let alone link their stories.

Back
Top Bottom