corona? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

It does look like there is something with the relationship between blood cloths and the AstraZeneca vaccine, at least according to some researchers in Germany and Norway (and as far as I can tell it looks legit, these days sometimes it's really difficult to tell). Althought the incidence is around 1 in a million doses and it sounds like they might have figured out a way to treat it.

Vaccines're prepared too fast. And, some heavy dose drugs make heart attack. These two => Real.

So.. Seems like that best solution for corona is long common curfew with support of governments(all over the world). But.. Not easy.

The blood clots are discovered because a few million people have now been vaccinated.
Even more extensive trials than usual for vaccines would not have revealed the blood clots, or other rare side effects.
We're just used to a much more slow rollout of vaccines over years - not months - and there's a lot of media attention.
Statistically the vaccine will by now have saved hundreds/thousands of lives. So a cynical cost-benefit analysis falls out to the vaccine.

About Sweden: we were all very surprised by the Swedish approach to the pandemic, in the other Scandinavian countries.
I have no good explanation. There are of course the official statements, like 'naturally' building up herd immunity in the population.
But the real political agenda behind it all, is obscure. An attempt to shield the economy perhaps.

Vaccines're prepared too fast. And, some heavy dose drugs make heart attack. These two => Real.

So.. Seems like that best solution for corona is long common curfew with support of governments(all over the world). But.. Not easy.
What heavy dose drugs are you talking about? About the vaccines, not really. They followed the same protocols that would have been followed normally, they just put a lot more resources than was done in the past. Also, technology advances over time.

The only reliable information on serious side effects that I have seen so far is the one about the blood cloths, and as I said that one is literally a 1 in a million chance.

What heavy dose drugs are you talking about? About the vaccines, not really. They followed the same protocols that would have been followed normally, they just put a lot more resources than was done in the past. Also, technology advances over time.

The only reliable information on serious side effects that I have seen so far is the one about the blood cloths, and as I said that one is literally a 1 in a million chance.
Nope, this ones are waayyy more rushed.
--> "Kate Broderick, senior vice-president of research and development at Inovio, said: "Once China had provided the DNA sequence of this virus, we were able to put it through our lab's computer technology and design a vaccine within three hours."

All "approved" vaccines are in emergency approval, they all are in the experimental phase, the trials end by 2022/23 (I don't recall the exact date, it also depends on the company). The only safety and efficacy tests are the ones provided by the data from the company that is trying to sell the product (there is conflict of interests), and they aren't exactly know for being trustworthy.
https://www.*****ute.com/video/hMUeZ4vz6cU/

The "1 in a million" is just from severe cases that were reported and linked to have temporal causation, this isn't a sample representative of the population, nor was it in the trials. This is why extensive trials exist, they actually measure body data with medical equipment, not just from an observation standpoint.

Nope, this ones are waayyy more rushed.
--> "Kate Broderick, senior vice-president of research and development at Inovio, said: "Once China had provided the DNA sequence of this virus, we were able to put it through our lab's computer technology and design a vaccine within three hours."

All "approved" vaccines are in emergency approval, they all are in the experimental phase, the trials end by 2022/23 (I don't recall the exact date, it also depends on the company). The only safety and efficacy tests are the ones provided by the data from the company that is trying to sell the product (there is conflict of interests), and they aren't exactly know for being trustworthy.

The "1 in a million" is just from severe cases that were reported and linked to have temporal causation, this isn't a sample representative of the population, nor was it in the trials. This is why extensive trials exist, they actually measure body data with medical equipment, not just from an observation standpoint.

That is not the information that you get if you go through sources with a scientific backbone.

Rushing Vaccines: Reporting global efforts to develop COVID-19 vaccines as a “race” while tying it to national identities or imbuing the US COVID-19 vaccine program with Star Trek imagery were not helpful. For years, a central but false tenet of the antivaccine lobby has been that vaccines are not adequately tested for safety. In both the US and internationally, phase 3 trials were well-powered studies of 30,000 to 60,000 human volunteers, equivalent to other large vaccine clinical trials required to license vaccines

You can of course find many other sources that will say otherwise, but that's because journalists do not understand the science. I work in academia, I have given interviews, I can tell you from first hand experience that it is almost impossible to get them to write things that actually match what you are working on.

Edit: something funky going on with the way the forum is handling the second link, but it's from the Lancet.

Edit 2: just another interesting bit on what really is going on with vaccine approval and how antivaxxers are using cherry picking to try and spread their message.

Last edited:
What is the covid death rate for young people with no underlying health conditions? I'm guessing it's rather higher than 1 in a million.

Soooooooooooo sex robots are a go then?
JollyFemaleAcornbarnacle-size_restricted.gif

What is the covid death rate for young people with no underlying health conditions? I'm guessing it's rather higher than 1 in a million.
I don't know that there's a definite answer to that question, because it's always difficult to estimate low percentages accurately, but I think it's around 0.02% or something like that. So yeah it's a few orders of magnitude higher. But also, it's not like AstraZeneca is the only vaccine that is available.

@dijiTurk I can't help but wonder why you are sharing misinformation on covid on a pretty consistent basis in this thread. I have a hard time remembering the last time that you posted something that was not disinformation. I don't mean this as an attack to you, I do think that you are doing it in good faith, but at the same time... You had several people talk about what should and shouldn't be taken seriously on this topic, I feel that you should know better by now ?

@dijiTurk I can't help but wonder why you are sharing misinformation on covid on a pretty consistent basis in this thread. I have a hard time remembering the last time that you posted something that was not disinformation. I don't mean this as an attack to you, I do think that you are doing it in good faith, but at the same time... You had several people talk about what should and shouldn't be taken seriously on this topic, I feel that you should know better by now ?
Well, i just share bad news too: How Corona spreads/what are New mutations/Leaders' bad desicitions/how vaccacine effective or dangerous, etc.

Ban news related with the bad Side of Corona news, and they are also/at least interesting(if u saysome of them is wrong). You can clearly check thesource if its wrong or not. Just sharing Corona related news from all över the world.

My goal is not telling ppl 'blablabla is true/dont belivethem' . My my goal is sharing Corona related news.

Btw, in case of holland..if some eu countries banning a vaccacine because they have some concerns that should be viewed/checked from ppl Via by news. How this spesific & reasonable behavior can be misinformative?

Why you should read the Sun for vaccine information.

I accidently accepted ALL cookies etc from ur website that similar to dailymail (dailymesh) , thanks : |

I dont think its totally wrong, EU countries' bans not politic generally in case of vaccacine/human right.

Edit:
Thnx for the edit. I was coming to fix -2 separate message- . Cellphone isn't suitable enough to do that.

+ 1 more thing:
I dont understand all things that written english. My grammer is quite basic/low. So, i can easly pass some of your statements because i dont get it.

Last edited:
Well, i just share bad news too: How Corona spreads/what are New mutations/Leaders' bad desicitions/how vaccacine effective or dangerous, etc.

Ban news related with the bad Side of Corona news, and they are also/at least interesting(if u saysome of them is wrong). You can clearly check thesource if its wrong or not. Just sharing Corona related news from all över the world.

My goal is not telling ppl 'blablabla is true/dont belivethem' . My my goal is sharing Corona related news.

Btw, in case of holland..if some eu countries banning a vaccacine because they have some concerns that should be viewed/checked from ppl Via by news. How this spesific & reasonable behavior can be misinformative?

I accidently accepted ALL cookies etc from ur website that similar to dailymail (dailymesh) , thanks : |

I dont think its totally wrong, EU countries' bans not politic generally in case of vaccacine/human right.

Edit:
Thnx for the edit. I was coming to fix -2 separate message- . Cellphone isn't suitable enough to do that.

+ 1 more thing:
I dont understand all things that written english. My grammer is quite basic/low. So, i can easly pass some of your statements because i dont get it.

The problem is that what you are sharing is not news. This is news (on the same thing that happened):

It states what happened, without trying to imply anything. The link that you shared on the other hand is written in such a way that it makes things look much, much worse with the vaccine than they were.

THE Netherlands has halted AstraZeneca coronavirus jabs for people under the age of 60 after fresh reports of rare blood clots.

The move comes after five new cases in the country affecting women between 25 and 65 years of age, one of whom died.

A cascading number of European countries — including Germany, France, Italy and Spain — suspended use of AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine Monday over reports of dangerous blood clots in some recipients, though the company and international regulators say there is no evidence the shot is to blame.

Do you see the difference between the way things are written in the first vs the second quote? I guess maybe some of it gets lost because of the English, as you say. But to me it is pretty clear that the link you shared was written with the explicit purpose of generating panic over the AstraZeneca vaccine. Which is frankly criminal given the circumstances (and to be clear, when I say criminal I am talking about the person who wrote it, not you).

They write "jabs" instead of "shots" because jab invokes a negative emotional reaction. Plus they report the number of blood cloths without context, because again that incites fear. Compare that with the same information as reported by the Associated Press.

AstraZeneca said there have been 37 reports of blood clots out of more than 17 million people vaccinated in the 27-country EU and Britain.

They write "jabs" instead of "shots" because jab invokes a negative emotional reaction. Plus they report the number of blood cloths without context, because again that incites fear. Compare that with the same information as reported by the Associated Press.
Agreed about the rest of hysterical tabloid language, but "jabs" is in common British use and not a loaded word.
I bet Jacob says jabs 20 times a day, even more on Sundays. :smile:

@dijiTurk
For every trash tabloid news you post, I'll post news about disinformation. If you want to know more about disinformation, you know what to do.

Edit: I just got my first Moderna shot, sending thoughts and prayers to you AstraZeneca looosers. :razz:

Last edited:
The problem is that what you are sharing is not news. This is news (on the same thing that happened):

It states what happened, without trying to imply anything. The link that you shared on the other hand is written in such a way that it makes things look much, much worse with the vaccine than they were.

Do you see the difference between the way things are written in the first vs the second quote? I guess maybe some of it gets lost because of the English, as you say. But to me it is pretty clear that the link you shared was written with the explicit purpose of generating panic over the AstraZeneca vaccine. Which is frankly criminal given the circumstances (and to be clear, when I say criminal I am talking about the person who wrote it, not you).

Well. I can't see (because my english) if there are some deliberatly prepared statements available or not. I only focus on basic & important events or decisions(informations/news) about corona virus.. Website can be variable, news should be same.. Which is pretty catchy:

If the news' writer(s) from website(theSun), is not reliable on the job & keep preparing this kind of news(delibated/inacurate=false news), then how they can -keep- serving these kind of news? Why authorities/government let them spread mis/dis/mal-informations?

If you ask me.. (from what i get basicly)... I think that this is not the case of accurate/reliable information. I think this is the case of importance of lifes. And, one side says "hey, the death ratio is too low, and not proven that the rate is connected with vaccine, we need to do this vaccine for the majority's goodness", and others(some EU countries/authorities) says "we didnt see similar results at other vaccines & we dont want to use Astra as a precaution against possibility " .

I'm at the second side, but with this approach => i think all countries should go 1 month closure(couldnt find the word, hope its ok) & only some basic needs must be met by governments/carefully planned organizations. ( Another thing that supports my idea about -1month closure- is that countries cant find enough vaccines & virus can go mutations repatly.. So, 1 month clossure seems much needed to me )

To sum now, my corona related news shouldn't be subject. Websites also shouldnt be the subject. The writer should be subject in laws, if there are some unreliable & inaccurate statements that delibaretely created to harm. But, if they keep serving news & no legal punishment for them in England: then i dont think there is a dis/mis/mal-information. Especially in health cases.. Especially in EU or England..

1 more thing. I'm using help of the google translate in this repond. And, it helps my statements. However, idk the exact meaning of jabs, seems too spesific. Can't write about it.

Agreed about the rest of hysterical tabloid language, but "jabs" is in common British use and not a loaded word.
I bet Jacob says jabs 20 times a day, even more on Sundays. :smile:

@dijiTurk
For every trash tabloid news you post, I'll post news about disinformation. If you want to know more about disinformation, you know what to do.

Edit: I just got my first Moderna shot, sending thoughts and prayers to you AstraZeneca looosers. :razz:

I watched a video from UK, and took some notes.

Video tells that I should look for reliable & accurate information.

How can we understand an information/person is reliable?
How can we understand an information is accurate?

Video doesn't explain details, but lets say OK. Lets see disinformation & other two:

Disinformation:
>Information that deliberately created to harm ppl/countries etc..
>Example: "vchine made the virus in labs" .
-Video tells its untrue( but why its untrue? )
-Video again tells that WHO said that statement doesn't show the disease's orgin.

=So, video tells that disinformation available..

@MadVader you say that i share disinformation / trash tabloid / hysteric news, right? I want to ask you that are the writers of news telling us their own not-proven ideas of corona deaths... OR they share mortality statistics(by authorities), and some probabilities about vaccine?

If news gives us information about proveable statistics & authoroties' precautions against probabilities = then this is not fitting the Video's Dis-information requirements. (maybe this is also why the websites/writers keep sharing this kind of news at some EU countries?)

So, please show me how i wrong. Or, i will keep sharing important news that is for everyone.

(btw i dont think related news have mis-information also.. there IS death statistics & also authoroties' precautions against probabilities.. which turns to >>> news & keep coming)

(btw i dont think related news is subject of the mal-information.. news like this can be only public health's or human right's subject, which shouldn't be hidden )

Here, your news:

Bt other way: Did i say that i dont like environmental pollution.. which MAY be dangerous aswell:

Last edited:
If the news' writer(s) from website(theSun), is not reliable on the job & keep preparing this kind of news(delibated/inacurate=false news), then how they can -keep- serving these kind of news? Why authorities/government let them spread mis/dis/mal-informations?

Because there is such a thing such as freedom of press and speech. The Sun is actually not technically lying on anything, at least in that piece. It is just distorting the facts by presenting them in a certain way. Now that is a good question though, and kind of the problem that we are facing right now. In the past journalists operated for the most part on a code of honor, which meant that they at last tried to present facts in a semi objective way. That has been devolving over time, and nowadays it's just... bad.

There's also plenty of people who flat out lie about things, and they use internet to spread their lies. And because of the level of technology we have today, it is very easy to make compelling material that sound and looks convincing to most people. Since we were talking about British people, here's a British guy giving some examples of how that works.

I will say though that if your English is bad enough that you have to use Google translate... Maybe you should be a bit more careful with sharing news in English and you should think twice before taking them as truth on their face value.

And alright @MadVader, I guess that is just British people being British :smile: but as you say, the substance of what I was saying stands (I actually was wondering about the use of jab right after I wrote that).

So, please show me how i wrong. Or, i will keep sharing important news that is for everyone.
I'm not going to argue with you at all. I think you should simply stop sharing low quality articles for few people in the off-topic that know more about the coronavirus and vaccines than you anyway. Share them somewhere else for people who like tabloids and conspiracies.

It's interesting to me to see an article by Scientific American in dijiTurk's last post; I know 5G was a high profile source of scaremongering a year or so back, but I don't know if there is any merit to their idea that it could pose a genuine risk. Is Scientific American well regarded? I had assumed it was, and I've bought a few of their magazines while furloughed and bored out of my skull (as well as other science/news mags like The Economist), but I was a bit disturbed in the last one I bought to find a number of little advert cards for Scientology. I didn't know whether they were associated with that ideology, or if some Scientology person involved in distribution of the magazine had slipped them in without permission.

My trust in science magazines was shaken a little bit in January when I bought another magazine called Nexus (can't remember if I wrote about this before, if so I apologise). I had perused the front briefly, saw something about Antarctica and picked it up. It was only when I started getting into it back home that I realised it was a psuedo-science conspiracy theory platform (one clue on the front was the promise of an article within, which claimed to have found proof of life after death). It had lots of stuff about the coronavirus being a New World Order conspiracy. Clearly designed to scare the wits out of any credulous person. I actually wrote an email to WHSmith about it, because it seemed inappropriate to me for them to stock such a publication (given that they are the most famous newsagent on the British highstreet and therefore give credibility to anything they sell, and this Nexus mag is scaremongering nonsense at its worst, at a time when hospital staff are being harangued by the sort of idiots who believe this stuff). I haven't heard back from them unfortunately, and I still see it on the shelves.

@DanAngleland the Scientific American is fairly reputable as far as I know. However, that is an opinion piece, and it was written over two years ago. From what I understand Moskowitz burned a good deal of scientific reputation on that one, and the Scientific American itself published a rebuttal from another writer.

Scientists are unfortunately human beings, and individuals can and will make mistakes just like everyone else (sometimes even in bad faith). Luckily the peer review system, while not perfect, is what discriminates the quackery from science. Although these days that has become increasingly difficult, unless you are an expert in that specific field.

Back
Top Bottom