Cordon Sanitaire: Play-by-Post RP IC Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

In spite of the biker's appearance, he hardly looked like he'd cause trouble for Edward. Maybe Cassandra, what with all his tattoos. Giving him just a small benefit of the doubt, Edward said;

'Just selling my experience, as so many do these days. And I don't know for certain what's going on down there, I wasn't there when the attack started. I don't know the who, the what or the why, or even how things stand now. I only know that that place was full of Gendarmerie and civilians. Did you pass the place and see anything worthwhile?'

"But you were there before the attack then?"

Eirik pulled a pre-rolled cigarette out of his front pocket and lit it. He held another one out to offer the Englishman, who didn't even look at it. Fair enough, he might not be in the mood to accept anything from a big, hairy, tattooed stranger quite yet. Or he might just be a prude. No matter. He threw the girl his most charming smile in the hope that she'd take her eye out from the sights of that rifle. Then continued.

"Went by there at least, but tried to keep me distance to be honest. Was on me way there to meet......someone. But place was all lit up an cosy with the party raging and the bass on max before I got there. Decided me chances of finding said person were slim-to-none, and me chances of gettin shot were......unfavourable. So ****ed off oit of there as fast as I could. Did make some observations while assessing the situation. But I'd rather discuss this over a drink inside to be fair. This ain't the time to be standing about in the open. Even this far from ground zero. So, do ya think you trust me not to rapoe and murder you in your sleep or not? Otherwise I'll just move on and find other accomodations for the night."

'Well, I don't see any need for that,' Edward pondered a moment. He was interested in the biker's story and it wasn't that likely that he had anything to do with the commotion. And he didn't want to stay out in the street all night. Turning to Cassandra, he said, 'You can lower your weapon. Him and I have to have words.'

Edward leapt back over the wall and walked to Cassandra to add in a whisper, 'if you don't trust him, come in last. Watch our back.'

He opened the front door again and walked through into vestibule, waiting for the two others to follow.

Cassandra stood up and lowered her rifle but kept it in her hands, nodding at Edward. Remaining silent, she waved the rifle towards the house, indicating the biker to go first.

In a single instinctive movement, the rifle was in his shoulder, loaded and ready. The cause were the explosions and gunfire outside, and he could hear at least one 240 outside. But since he didn't know the gunners he, of course, assumed that they where enemy. 

The M18A1 claymore was still there. His homemade grenades were still taped to their walls. People were in the apartment next him, which he didn't tripwire.

He swore; the abandoned building that he occupied was a safety risk to everyone involved. But he had risked that the roof wouldn't cave-in during the next twenty-four hours that he would be swatting. He had not seriously considered a flanking breach.

Now, the only thing in between him and a bunch of unknown assholes was his rifle and 8 centimeters of rotten drywall. He was half temped to tell them to **** of in the form of 4 lbs or TNT, but he still had a chance of surviving.

"Sierra, take positions to cover Foxtrot in their compound entry, Observe entrances and exits to and from the buildings and roadways."
"Roger Lead, Sierra finishing BDA then moving to assign security positions."
"Foxtrot, move to the building entrances and prepare to breach and clear on my order. But my intent is not to destroy this building. The package may be inside, we cannot risk destroying it, and collateral is a Mission parameter."
"Wilco, Lead, Foxtrot moving."

Foxtrot stacked the employee back-door, and main front doors, and their breachers prepped explosives to blow the doors.
The unit radio op handed Walter a megaphone and he spoke towards the building.
"Everyone inside the building has five minutes to send out a negotiator, or we will enter with force."

Eirik shot the dour looking girl another big grin and gave a bow so courteous it had to be taken as utmost sarcasm.

"One moment there lad. Don't much fancy leavin' me bike out here in the open. This place got a garage 'round back or something?"

'Sure man, this garage here,' Bellamy responded. He opened the white up-and-over garage door, which wasn't locked. Even empty, the inside of the garage was small, barely enough room for a supermini/subcompact car. He stood back and waited for the biker to move his bike. But Edward thought about it and then decided he had to ask, 'When was the last time either of you were tested for Mors? I was tested this evening. There's a device inside that we found that tests blood for antigens. And although neither of you look symptomatic, you can't be too careful. You understand my worry, right?'

"It's been... too long if I'm being honest", Cassandra answered, still watching the biker as he pushed his vehicle into the garage. "You don't mind going first, mister Harley Davidson?" Her head pointing towards Bellamy.

Eirik quickly wheeled his bike into the garage. It smelled of mold and old oil. But didn't look like it'd seen regular use for ages. He unloaded it, as he always did when not sleeping propped up next to it. Tossing the saddlebags across his shoulders, and lighting another cigarette, before emerging from the dank darkness of the garage.

"Was tested last maybe 'bout a month back or so. Haven't been in any red-zones since then. But if you want you're free to give me a jab and see. Can't be too careful these days."

He grinned at the girl again with the cigarette between his teeth.

"Not a problem lass. But truth be told, if we're gonna spend the night together I'd prefer you called me by me actual name."

He gave her a joking wink and reached out a large, hairy, tattooed hand towards her.

"Eirik......Thorstensen. And you were?"

Rolling his eyes, Edward left them to it and entered the house to get things ready.

The ground floor of the house was only two rooms; a pantry and broom cupboard to the left, and one large room which was singly the sitting room at front, dining room and kitchen at rear. Flakeboards, which Edward closed, went over the windows and patio door. Sofa, coffee table, dining table and chairs, and all the usual fittings of a home were still there. There were, however, neat stacks of blankets and boxes of rations and medicine against the wall.

Turning on the lanterns that stood on the tables, Edward rummaged around in the boxes to find the Mors antigen rapid-test machine. He also picked up a bottle of water for himself and then moved to the sofa and coffee table. Placing them down on the coffee table (he leant his M4 against the sofa), he went to fiddling with the test machine and some disposable needles whilst he waited for the other two.

Watching Edward walk inside the house, the test momentarily forgotten, Cassandra turned back to the biker:

"Cassandra. Nice to meet you Mister Thorstensen", she said, pronouncing the last name perfectly instead of the usual mangling that non-Nordics would do. "You go in first, I'll make sure no uninvited guests follow us", she continued, tight lipped. While her eyes moved to scan the edge of the darkness, the rifle barrel remained pointing at the grizzly biker.

Eirik was momentarily stunned at the girl's perfect pronounciation of his name. But he endeavoured not to make a show of it. This wasn't the time or place to start sharing backstories in any case.

"Nice to meet you too Cassandra."

He walked slowly up the stairs to the door, taking a short second to check his pistol was loose in its holster, and the safety off. Just in case. He trottet into the hallway and followed the sounds of the Englishman tinkering with his testing equipment in the livingroom. He dumped his saddlebags and other various things on a small dining table and went over to slump down on one of the chairs.

"Oy, Ed. Got an ashtray?" He asked Edward. "usually don't bother these days. But there aren't that many nice places like this left. And I'd rather not make more of a mess than I have to"

The englishman pointed at a cupboard without looking. Eirik went over and fetched a massively heavy crystal ashtray, of the type that he remembered his grandmother had kept on the coffee table, and placed it in front of himself on the chair. Then fished out a bottle about a quarter full of a golden-brown liquid.

"Caol Ila. Islay single malt. Says twelve years old. But at this point I'd reckon it's closer to fifty. Fancy a drink Ed? Or, maybe you'd better have a steady hand for the jabbing part I suppose. Hope you don't mind if I have one. Not the biggest fan of needles."

He poured a decent amount into his tin camping cup and took a large sip.

"So, got anything to eat?"

Back
Top Bottom