Copy/Paste - Create Prefab - Duplicate?

Users who are viewing this thread

nsg3

Recruit
I'm creating a scene in the editor and I cannot figure out how to copy/paste models.
I'm trying to select multiple models and duplicate them for the other side.

I've tried to do save prefab, but I don't know what I am doing apparently.

I'm sure I'm overlooking something easy.

please help

Solution
Select the prefabs window, left click on a prefab you want to place. This will highlight your selection. Then move your mouse out of that window into your scene where your pointer should be carrying the prefab you selected. Left click on your terrain to place as many copies of this prefab as you wish.

If you want to create a new prefab, you need to create an empty entity then add meta meshes to it, arrange them in relation to each other and use save as to create a new prefab in your module, which can then be reused from the prefab window as above.
Select the prefabs window, left click on a prefab you want to place. This will highlight your selection. Then move your mouse out of that window into your scene where your pointer should be carrying the prefab you selected. Left click on your terrain to place as many copies of this prefab as you wish.

If you want to create a new prefab, you need to create an empty entity then add meta meshes to it, arrange them in relation to each other and use save as to create a new prefab in your module, which can then be reused from the prefab window as above.

Upvote 0
Solution
Thank you sir, you have been more than helpful to me. You might just be my best friend.

I have already designed most of my outer walls and some other things, but I figured I should be able to speed up my process by creating my own prefabs.

I did not realize I had to create an empty entity. That's exactly what I needed to know.

Thank you again

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom