Coop Multiplayer/Early Access

Currently viewing this thread:

I have been a fan of Mount and Blade since warband and from what I have seen of the dev blogs Bannerlord is going to be my all time favorite game. However, I have always wanted to conquer Calradia with my friends and I was wondering if this feature would be in Bannerlord? Including this in the game will make it infinatly better, I would love to play with even just one friend each of us having our own band of mercinaries and cconquer the world together. Also why not realeas this in early access on Steam? From what I have read on the dev blogs it looks almost complete. Also by realising it in early access Taleworlds would get feed back from the community, money from those who purchase it as well as free beta testers.
 
I know, right? I was thinking one player would host a game and send invites to others, or there could be an option to just let anyone join. Then these players would they would just create a character and spawn into the world like normal. Can you imagine 4 or more players gathering their warbands and carving a kingdom out of the preexisting ones? Or each playing could form their own kingdom and duke it out amongst themselves. For the political mechanics of these kingdoms I was thinking players could be able to choose from a couple of government options such as one player being an all powerful king who can freely declare war and make peace, hand out or revoke titles. Or there could be an option to have a council that restricts the rulers power, this would be made up of the players who could elect from among themselves the king and other important positions such as martial for a set period of time. This council would also have power to change laws, remove the king and other officials from power, deal with titles and insubordinate vassals as needed.
 

monoolho

Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Code:
[color=red][SIZE=19px][b]This... This has to be immediately passed up to the devs, even Armagan Yavuz himself! It's ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT, MATE![/b][/SIZE][/color]

Or else... It would be, if it weren't the single most talked about and controversial topic on the forums from 2015 to 2018. Funny enough, I forgot what they said, but I'm 98% certain TW decided against it at launch, they left it as a possibility for the near-future post-launch.
If you want to further discuss the topic, use the Search function and you will find a couple dozen topics with in-depth analyses and valid arguments all around about coop.
 
Co-op is good, but you need friends.
Early Access is for poor indie devs who don't mind if their incomplete game is trashed, but they get some money for food. It's better for everybody to release a full game, they'll get feedback just the same and react with patches.
If you can't wait for the game, co-wait with your friends, and stop financing EA scams.
 

sleepy dragon

Rebel without a clue
Count
WBWF&SNWVCM&B
Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
Co-op is good, but you need friends.
Early Access is for poor indie devs who don't mind if their incomplete game is trashed, but they get some money for food. It's better for everybody to release a full game, they'll get feedback just the same and react with patches.
If you can't wait for the game, co-wait with your friends, and stop financing EA scams.
This is what I struggle with.  :cry:
 
Kelquethas said:
Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
Co-op is good, but you need friends.
Early Access is for poor indie devs who don't mind if their incomplete game is trashed, but they get some money for food. It's better for everybody to release a full game, they'll get feedback just the same and react with patches.
If you can't wait for the game, co-wait with your friends, and stop financing EA scams.
This is what I struggle with.  :cry:
This is why co-op is hard to make for Taleworlds, because then they would have to provide us with friends too. And they don't want to be our friends after all we have said about them.
 

orgrinrt

Knight at Arms
WBNWVCM&BWF&S
PrefacedToast said:
For the political mechanics of these kingdoms I was thinking players could be able to choose from a couple of government options such as one player being an all powerful king who can freely declare war and make peace, hand out or revoke titles. Or there could be an option to have a council that restricts the rulers power, this would be made up of the players who could elect from among themselves the king and other important positions such as martial for a set period of time. This council would also have power to change laws, remove the king and other officials from power, deal with titles and insubordinate vassals as needed.

I hope TW is scouting these forums for new employees. This kind of insight and revolutionary ideas should at the very least warrant a position as a lead designer! Read the edit below

monoolho said:
they left it as a possibility for the near-future post-launch.

Even then, they've mentioned that if it would be considered, it'd most likely be a single party based system, with the co-player(s) being members of the host's party. Wouldn't really scratch the exact itch OP has.

Edit:

I'll voluntarily slip into the penalty box and think about the things I've said. I didn't need to be an ******* yet I chose to. I feel bad.

OP, you ever see this mess of an avatar right there next to this post, just assume the post is written by a sad, miserable bastard and hopefully you'll find it easier to ignore the contents. Didn't mean anything by it, just me being the insufferable character I am. I hope you can see that this forum is a great and welcoming place, it's just that there's a rotten apple in every bunch. That's me. Sorry, PrefacedToast, you seem like a great and enthusiastic guy. Keep it up, don't be discouraged by the words of sad jerks like me!
 

KucukEniste

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WBWF&SNWVC
Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
Kelquethas said:
Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
Co-op is good, but you need friends.
Early Access is for poor indie devs who don't mind if their incomplete game is trashed, but they get some money for food. It's better for everybody to release a full game, they'll get feedback just the same and react with patches.
If you can't wait for the game, co-wait with your friends, and stop financing EA scams.
This is what I struggle with.  :cry:
This is why co-op is hard to make for Taleworlds, because then they would have to provide us with friends too. And they don't want to be our friends after all we have said about them.


Imagine people asking for release date of FRIENDS.
 
KucukEniste said:
Imagine people asking for release date of FRIENDS.
Waiting for friends to be released from jail is easy and straightforward. You know their release date well in advance and the prison authorities don't taunt you with weekly photos of your friends in the prison yard or chilling in their cell, while treating you like Kafka when it comes to their release.
 

CKyHC

Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
Kelquethas said:
Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
Co-op is good, but you need friends.
Early Access is for poor indie devs who don't mind if their incomplete game is trashed, but they get some money for food. It's better for everybody to release a full game, they'll get feedback just the same and react with patches.
If you can't wait for the game, co-wait with your friends, and stop financing EA scams.
This is what I struggle with.  :cry:
This is why co-op is hard to make for Taleworlds, because then they would have to provide us with friends too. And they don't want to be our friends after all we have said about them.

it's not a team game - you can play Co-op with  enemies :3
 
Top Bottom