Cooldown of re-persuading lords to my side?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aelok

Recruit
It's been weeks since I last tried to recruit some lords to my faction, but they still tell me something along the lines of, "I'm weary of politics, we'll talk again later".

Some lords I failed to persuade liked me, I outnumbered, liked my companions, political state, and whatever else goes into their decision making, and still turned me down. I'm assuming I just got a horrible luck of the dice when it came down to them making the decision, so i'd like another attempt.
I have 7 (SEVEN) persuasion, i'd consider that a lot, but it doesn't seem to matter for crap.

I'd written down all the lords i've found that i'd consider to be the "bad guys". Dishonerable and such, and i'd rather not recruit those since pre-warband lords were reluctant to join my cause if they didn't like the lords I already recruited. However, since it's taken forever for me to be able to re-persuade the "good lords" to join me, i've even tried recruiting some of the bad lords. Once again they get majority in favor of joining me (plus 7 persuasion has to count for something, right?) and still fails.

I'm fine with the high fail rate despite all things being favorable and a high persuasion skill, but i'm not fine with the time it takes to attempt at recruiting them again. At this rate i'm starting to wonder if I can attempt to recruit them ever again... in which case it  doesn't fit the dialog and kinda makes overthrowing a kingdom an impossible task.

I conquered the Sarranids (rhodok war party of 2k troops may have had something to do with it), but i'd still like to know how long it takes, if its possible at all.

Also, the Sarranids I imprisoned in my castle are still prisoners, even though we're all happily Sarranids again... I talk to them and they want me to break them out of prison FROM THEIR OWN FACTION. Bug I assume.

Also, I got the bug where no matter who I give territory two when we were doing the rebellion, the territory would remain neutral. I could station a garrison and put prisoners at them, but the lords would never get ownership of it nor generate their own garrison (90% of your territory having 0-10 garrison is a very flimsy kingdom).  Now that we're all united again after the rebellion, these areas are still not owned by any lord, but are still part of the Sarranid Sultanate.

Any input?

Not sure this answers your initial question, but when I wiped Swadia off the map their 'counts' slowly joined pretty much every faction other than mine. I have very low persuasion and they all hated me to be sure, but they wouldn't even listen to me when I tried to make them defect - even after their nation was crushed they ardently refused to even talk to me about signing up.

I believe those lords of the Sarranids are asking you to help them because you're technically Sarranid, but they're loyalists of the old Sultan and you're a rebel who brought the Pearled One into power.  They're still technically your enemy even if they are the same faction.

Renown 1650, honor 146, right to rule 38, persuasion 10, unassigned fiefs: 1 castle and 1 village.

I can't even persuade those with 65 relationship with me and -36 relationship with his king to my side.

Still alone,always.......

to OP there is a known bug with assigning fiefs after conquering them. you get asked once you conquer if you will assign to someone but it won't really assign it. you have to go back to your hometown and do it through your minister for it to properly take effect.

lspnicol said:
Renown 1650, honor 146, right to rule 38, persuasion 10, unassigned fiefs: 1 castle and 1 village.

I can't even persuade those with 65 relationship with me and -36 relationship with his king to my side.

Still alone,always.......

Eh you need at least 40 renown for it to work, as far as I can tell, it never worked for me otherwise. ^^

I've been complaining about persuade skill not being effective enough even when its high since v0.903 Old M&B and all i ever received was flame and unrelated insults.

This is bugged.  It doesn't matter his relationship with you, your renown, or your skills or anything.  Just ask him to join, if he say no, it doesn't matter how much power you have, or what things you use to persuade him.  He will always say no, until his respond is refresh to yes internally.  At least that's what I think.  I did some testing and thats the result.  Once your relationship with this lord is too low, he will refuse to talk about it at all.  As long as it is above that point, you have the 50/50 chance of getting him.  He might say he like you more, or you have more army, it doesn't matter, same chance of acquiring him.  I persuaded 3 - 4 lords who have -5 or worse relationship with me, and I have 345 renown then.  Only 1 castle, 23 right to rule.  So my guess is right now, the game will set each lord's answer to either yes or no, than once every while, the answer will change to the other or stay the same.  Right now I have a total of 12 lords in my Kingdom, no companion lords.  Lords still say I am better in every way, but refuse to join me. 

So it is safer to save b4 persuading lords ( if you don't mind cheating), or it will just be pure luck.  Once asked, they will not listen to you for at least 30days+ (in my game).

DStyles said:
to OP there is a known bug with assigning fiefs after conquering them. you get asked once you conquer if you will assign to someone but it won't really assign it. you have to go back to your hometown and do it through your minister for it to properly take effect.

Well I was doing a claimant mission (Arwa the Pearled One), this means I don't have a minister/wife person. I spoke to Arwa but there was no option to assign the fiefs again. I was able to assign fiefs and it actually work when I first started the rebellion, but when I gave a fief to Arwa and to myself thats when it broke. I'm not sure which of the two actions caused the break (or maybe both), but thats definitely the point at which fiefs stopped being assigned correctly.

daemon1129 said:
...Once asked, they will not listen to you for at least 30days+ (in my game).
But you can ask them again eventually, right? I use realistic saving (+10% game difficulty for better retirement screen score :razz:), but I suppose I could ALT+F4 to close the game when the lord says no. As far as I know, there's no auto save during dialog.

Aelok said:
But you can ask them again eventually, right?
No. Once they refuse, that's it. All the effort you put into sucking up to them? Wasted.
Play with normal saving next time and save yourself the hassle. :razz:

We got people saying that you can re attempt to persuade lords to join you and we got people saying that you only get 1 chance ever... so which is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom