Conversation Maker Screenshot!

Users who are viewing this thread

It works fairly simply. If there are no nodes, you have to create a new node. Otherwise it will list them by node ID. If you select a node in the drop down, and then add a new node it will show up as a child node. If you add an operation, it will show up connected to the node you selected (not implemented yet). I haven't added the actual conversation.txt generation yet either.

After the PHP based version is done I'm going to convert it to a stand-alone PHP-GTK program.

The numbers in brackets [] are the conversation ID and next conversation ID, respectively. You'll be able to enter the text with spaces rather than underscores for ease of use. Player ID is generated based on which node it's added to.
snapshot2.png

Hey, Effidian, I'm having a bit of a problem here. I wrote up some dialog for Baron Rolf. However, it seems that the default dialog for characters without any is overriding it. Any idea how to fix it?

I think if you put it at the top of the file (at least above the 0xFFFF id's) it would probably take.

If that doesn't work, post what you've got and I'll take a look.

Put these at the top of the file:

Code:
115 0 0 What_do_you_want? 1 0
65651 1 0 Do_you_want_to_buy_a_flower_for_the_misses? 2 0
65651 1 0 I_want_to_join_the_bandits. 3 0
115 2 0 Get_the_hell_out_of_here. 6 0
115 3 0 Okay_you're_in. 6 0

I'm not sure how much of this you know, so if you know it just ignore me and let this help those that don't. :smile:

This description isn't how it works internally (obviously I don't know that), but I think it will help illustrate the mechanics.

When you talk to a person (or a party), conversation.txt is scanned from top to bottom looking for a match of that person's speaker id and a conversation id of 0. The special id of 0xFFFF is also included. So, if you are talking to Baron Rolf, whose id is 115, then it will scan the file looking for "115 0" or "65535 0". The first one it finds that isn't negated by the operations before the text will be used. For Baron Rolf, since there is no "115 0", it hits the catch all

Code:
65535 0 0 Hello._What_can_I_do_for_you?  447 0

If you put your lines below this one, they won't be seen. So

Code:
65535 0 0 Hello._What_can_I_do_for_you?  447 0 
115 0 0 What_do_you_want? 1 0

Will still pickup the "Hello." line because it is in the file first.

Hopefully that will clear things up...

Oh, right. In the Mod: Attackable Peasants thread, it was mentioned that 1 as the conversation ID meant the beginning of a conversation. Old info, threw me off. Damn. Thanks :grin:

I probably should have realized about the catchall conversation (that any further conversations wouldn't be seen). I hate when little things just don't occur to me.

20048 seems to be the same as 20029. I don't know what the difference is.

10270 is the one that changes the faction. I updated the operations thread with 20048, 10270, 20090, and 20021.

Back
Top Bottom