Conversation checks

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr.X

Recruit
Not sure what’s going on, but for some reason I can pass any chat below a 30% chance… every time .. but anything above 60% I critical fail , or thanks to “ grievances “ or whatever, I avoid the critical… but never pass it … and it’s only two options with both options being a 12%chance to critical 61% chance to pass …. On both …. But both answers on the 61% are always wrong … then before some of you say “ just go talk to her father “ … like I hadn’t thought of that …. But come to my surprise, the wife I want to marry in the encyclopedia mentions no father.. she’s just a vassal with few friends and many enemies …

Now it gets more interesting and I truly wonder if I’m always doomed to fail because of the last question I keep failing from her , that gives me the 62%chance to pass, tells me maybe I should get to know her family for approval … but encyclopedia says she has none?

Soooo bugged single wife with no family but needs you to get to know them…remember I failed both questions many times, which brought me here to rant.

I'm pretty sure the clan head counts as the "father" as far as marital arrangements are concerned. With the potential wife/husband's consent, though, arranged marriage can be pretty expensive (at least by poor beginner standards) but with consent the bride/groom price can be effectively nominal (or YOU can be paid instead) so it's worth getting (aside from roleplaying reasons) to save money at least.

As for RNG in the persuasion mini-game, I suspect it's actually seeded rather than random so if you've been save-scumming in an attempt to pass it then you're most likely getting identical results each time. The solution to this (in my experience) is to basically let a second pass in-game before reengaging with conversation since that seems to "shake up" the seed. If that doesn't work, then try entering a city and exiting or doing anything that might affect whatever invisible thing is determining the seed of the instance (could be the in-game clock for all I know).

Not sure what’s going on, but for some reason I can pass any chat below a 30% chance… every time .. but anything above 60% I critical fail , or thanks to “ grievances “ or whatever, I avoid the critical… but never pass it
It's already set which option will pass or fail (with a chance to crit though), regardless of what the % says. If you save you game and move a little on the map and save again, it will re-set the actual chances and this way you can get through being stuck in a dialogue. If you're on Iron man though, tuff luck.

Some tips in this. I always marry the same lady in the game. So i know the frustration and time press thats there.
First work on your charm 75-100 minimum.
Look at what traits your lady has. It has a small effect. With high charm it does not matter.
While you grind up the charm, always keep an eye on the gamelog if she or her clan leader gets captive. If you can free them from jail. It helps alot in a matter of price.
About the reload of saves for the courting. I have done that alot to. Sometimes up to 50 times in a row. If she is in a settlement it can take forever, like one gets frustrated at the game. It tends to go better when she is leading a party so one must move a little before the conversation.

Best way to get your charm up is to marry away a family member. Why this is given i don´t understand.

Some tips in this. I always marry the same lady in the game. So i know the frustration and time press thats there.
First work on your charm 75-100 minimum.
Look at what traits your lady has. It has a small effect. With high charm it does not matter.
While you grind up the charm, always keep an eye on the gamelog if she or her clan leader gets captive. If you can free them from jail. It helps alot in a matter of price.
About the reload of saves for the courting. I have done that alot to. Sometimes up to 50 times in a row. If she is in a settlement it can take forever, like one gets frustrated at the game. It tends to go better when she is leading a party so one must move a little before the conversation.

Best way to get your charm up is to marry away a family member. Why this is given i don´t understand.
I appreciate your tips there buddy. But at this point the marriage thing is bugged. Because I finally got the woman to want to marry me . The woman I ranted about here. And after all my frustration that I clearly had and even shared with this community here, she tells me to talk to Eregon of Battania, so I go and talk to him , he doesn’t even bring up the topic of marriage nor can I, and I go back to talk to her , the game now registers it as I had critical failed and she’s no longer interested… so yeah, after all that time to get into her panties, this happened… I’m so upset with this game, today will be the first day in 3 months since I’ve gotten it, that I won’t play it today… I’m that mad … and I need to cool down before I load up and find something else wrong.

I appreciate your tips there buddy. But at this point the marriage thing is bugged. Because I finally got the woman to want to marry me . The woman I ranted about here. And after all my frustration that I clearly had and even shared with this community here, she tells me to talk to Eregon of Battania, so I go and talk to him , he doesn’t even bring up the topic of marriage nor can I, and I go back to talk to her , the game now registers it as I had critical failed and she’s no longer interested… so yeah, after all that time to get into her panties, this happened… I’m so upset with this game, today will be the first day in 3 months since I’ve gotten it, that I won’t play it today… I’m that mad … and I need to cool down before I load up and find something else wrong.
Out of curiosity. Whats so special about the lady?

Pretty sure he is talking about Ladogual. Decent stats and (for bannerlord) good looking. She even has a younger version called Ranaon, who is actually Ergeon´s daughter and can be bartered normally. though the stats are much lower

I went culture Battania, and besides my brother, I need good governors, she looked like the best candidate for that culture with a lot of pre skills .. her and coerin or something like that are probably best wives… which I got my brother with her, but my character is bugged with the other at this point.

Pretty sure he is talking about Ladogual. Decent stats and (for bannerlord) good looking. She even has a younger version called Ranaon, who is actually Ergeon´s daughter and can be bartered normally. though the stats are much lower
You’re right, that woman. Took a lot of time to get her to want to wife me, but the game bugged so I have to wait for her… talk about true love lol. And yeah I went by stats and her age was surprisingly young .

You’re right, that woman. Took a lot of time to get her to want to wife me, but the game bugged so I have to wait for her… talk about true love lol. And yeah I went by stats and her age was surprisingly young .
if it´s just stats and age, try Caladogs daughter (can´t remember the name). Equal age and even better stats

if it´s just stats and age, try Caladogs daughter (can´t remember the name). Equal age and even better stats
As a matter of fact , his daughter belongs to my brother lol. I did notice her, I kind of check them all out before I just get desperate and want anything. But thanks for the information, it may help future players

As a matter of fact , his daughter belongs to my brother lol. I did notice her, I kind of check them all out before I just get desperate and want anything. But thanks for the information, it may help future players
if you are not afraid of a little leveling your companions, i would suggest to go for Ranaon. fighting skills are very 2nd on companions IMO. Steward and medicine are way more useful for a partyleader, if that´s the role you want to see her in.

He has 2 daughters. Corein and Mereg. I always keep an adopted kid for her.

As long as you're above save-scumming, it's totally possible to beeline getting married upon entering the game! That's how I married Adalindis dey Folcun at the start of my second playthrough lol. Just found her unit, reloaded and shifted time a bit until I passed her checks, shook her dad's hand, and had mai waifu from the first laifu for my second laifu lol.

Back
Top Bottom