Controversy as Marshall cheat/hack/whatever

Users who are viewing this thread

Arekai

Veteran
So i'm becoming a vasall, right after that marshall, everyone loves me and im conquering Rivacheg, but thanks to getting a billion controversy in 5 seconds when beeing marshall, i don't get any fiefs that i captured awarded, which was the only reason for me to become marshall in the first place.

Is there any way (no, waiting for months is not a way, since the town will be long gone by then) to reset the controversy to 0, preferably by technical means? I googled and couldn't find a single hint where the variable that holds it might be.

Well, I agree that it's kind of annoying how controversy stacks up so much. If you're trying to get fiefs, just ask people who like you to follow you. No bother becoming a marshal unless you want to help your faction.

I think the easiest way to lose controversy is to win large battles. On the technical side, I'm not good with the text files. Hopefully you find out though.

The problem with that is that many wont follow you if they have something "better" to do and you also have to find them, which can take days and by the time you found the last one you need to besiege something, the first one that arrived at the scene is already getting steamrolled by enemies because he's alone.

Arekai said:
The problem with that is that many wont follow you if they have something "better" to do and you also have to find them, which can take days and by the time you found the last one you need to besiege something, the first one that arrived at the scene is already getting steamrolled by enemies because he's alone.

High renown prevents lords from denying your requests... But you need a lot of renown.

I would try telling an NPC marshal what to do in that case. You can say "May I suggest a course of action?" and the entire army will follow the marshal. Thus, you can tell the marshal to besiege a specific fief. He will likely accept if the army is idle, and if you have high relations with him.

Back
Top Bottom