Controller Support?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi people! Harvesting season is upon us! I have been having some carpal tunnel issues for the last year or so and was wondering if controller support will be there in EA for those of us that would have a really tough time playing with mouse and keyboard. If the devs are reading this, some games I have played that were originally designed for keyboard and mouse that have alot of functions like mount and blade and added some great controller support eventually are ARK, and The Forest. I'm sure others probably have some other better examples as well. If anyone has any info on this feature and if/when it will be available it would be appreciated. Thanks! Merry Harvest to all! ...I'll be sleeping early tonight as it unlocks in my region at 6:00 AM tomorrow! Feels like god daanged christmas up in here!

*Edit
I do see on the steam page "Several planned single player features may be missing or incomplete. These include but are not limited to: full game controller support" So I am hoping that means we may be able to control our character and fight with controller, but more advanced features we will have to use keyboard, which would be great and save my wrists from a lot of pain. If anyone knows more about this please update.

Last edited:
Hi people! Harvesting season is upon us! I have been having some carpal tunnel issues for the last year or so and was wondering if controller support will be there in EA for those of us that would have a really tough time playing with mouse and keyboard. If the devs are reading this, some games I have played that were originally designed for keyboard and mouse that have alot of functions like mount and blade and added some great controller support eventually are ARK, and The Forest. I'm sure others probably have some other better examples as well. If anyone has any info on this feature and if/when it will be available it would be appreciated. Thanks! Merry Harvest to all! ...I'll be sleeping early tonight as it unlocks in my region at 6:00 AM tomorrow! Feels like god daanged christmas up in here!

*Edit
I do see on the steam page "Several planned single player features may be missing or incomplete. These include but are not limited to: full game controller support" So I am hoping that means we may be able to control our character and fight with controller, but more advanced features we will have to use keyboard, which would be great and save my wrists from a lot of pain. If anyone knows more about this please update.

I have a similar problem... but lack movement in my right hand/fingers which makes it impossible with keyboard/mouse.

They removed the controller support a few patches back in the beta, but an xbox controller still goes reasonable well; directional attacking and especially blocking took a hit. But combat is definitely doable and there isn't any timing issues. Formations will need the F keys so keep your keyboard handy.

All good! enjoy!

*Edit

I used DS4 with my ps4 controller remapped a couple of buttons and it works fine for basic orders , got it as

R1 is swap weapon
up DPad swap shield
F1 is L1
F2 is left Dpad
F3 down Dpad
F4 Right Dpad
PS button is everyone
left touch pad is inf
right touch is archers
both together is cav
X is square button

pretty basic but can form shieldwalls etc move soldiers around easy enough cant do any of the advanced formations F5 and above.
It serves a purpose for now

Another thing to check out is VoiceAttack or free software that does something similar.

Then there's AutoHotkey which can also do all kinds of input processing in very powerful ways (voice recognition too) but it does need some programming skill.

I've also got a head tracking system, I'm interested to see whether there will be any use for that in Bannerlord.

"They removed the controller support a few patches back in the beta "
WHY? This is critical to me. :xf-cry: Hope it comes back soon! If not, can I just use Steam key mapping to keyboard to my controller? Or is an external key mapping program better? Thanks.

Don't worry about it! You can remap the controls to controller in the game menu and it's definitely not perfect but it's totally functional and playable, just a few tweaks and it'll be great. You have to remember what buttons you map though because it just says "button doesn't exist", but it totally works, i've been playing with controller for everything except for troop commands basically. Thanks everyone for your responses btw!

Glad to know I'm not the only one! I tried it day 1 with the controller and couldn't even pass the fighting tutorial. I was unable to change the direction of my attacks.

I guess they will improve this during EA, as they stated. I'll try reampping in the menu.

I would suggest making block one of the buttons rather than the triggers, I tried it with left trigger but it's hard to choose the direction of your block with the left stick while pulling left trigger at the same time. I put block to my Y button on my xbox one controller. Oh yeah, you also should change block direction and attack direction from "mouse direction" to "Movement direction". Works great after that. Hope it helps.

Assuming ur using an XB360 type controller, these are the built-in game controller controls in M&B 2 that I figured out (this is set by the game automatically):
y = activate
a = jump
x = crouch
b = tab
L stick press = 1st person view
R stick press = zoom view
D-pad left: sheathe/equip shield
D-pad right: change weapon
D-pad down: drop weapon

I have no idea what R1, L1, and D-pad up do, if anything. Anyone know?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom