SP - General Control ally after your character falls in battle

Users who are viewing this thread

Ace5

Recruit
Similar to how it works in Multiplayer Mode (Captain), please allow us to control one of our soldiers in combat if you character falls during battle. It adds a lot of fun to the game. I played one mod called Control Ally After Death and it was really fun, but it didn't let you choose the ally (it was based on the order of troops) and that mod seems to have been broken after the latest update of 1.5:cool:.

I just think battle would be a lot more fun if you had the same feature as Captain mode in Single Player. It allows you to play as a different troop type, personally when I played it, I did not realize how strong some of my companions were especially a shieldmaiden that used a two handed sword. Adds a lot of variety to the game.

Only if it comes as an option. I kinda like the RP of just having one life and if you go down that's it for the rest of the battle. Makes you play more carefully sometimes.

There is also the function of "send troops" if your main hero's health is low and you are facing another battle to take into consideration. This addition would essentially make it so that you never have to be forced to send your troops because your main hero is wounded.

This is a feature that should be in the game. It can be a toggle just like auto-block is a toggle. I use the Control Ally After Death mod too. This is a feature that should have been a toggle in Warband let alone Bannerlord. It has been called 'body-sliding' or 'auxiliary control' in the past. Its very difficult to rely on the artificial intelligence of this game to be intelligent, its a big gamble especially in long sieges. I have been playing Mount and Blade and its mods for years and long battles and long sieges without body sliding is very tedious and risky. Also sometimes the player can be struck upside the head by a projectile at the beginning of a battle this compensates for cases like that. And its very possible for the player or his clan members to permanently die in this game so body-sliding compensates for that too, so that you at least have a chance at keeping your wife or your heirs alive. I am surprise that the community gets auto-block but not this feature.

Body-sliding doesn't always guarantee victory. If the player is going to lose they are going to lose which still happens with body-sliding. Usually body-sliding comes in at the worst case scenario even at highest difficulty settings. Its like Sun Tzu wrote 'every battle is won or lost before the first blow'. And to address that point about 'sending troops' that stills happens with this feature when things get extremely unfortunate.

I have been worried about patches breaking mods that add this feature to the game. I am hoping for this feature to be added and for other players to be more vocal about this feature. I remember the youtuber, Italian Sparticus saying that this feature ought to be in the base game and I strongly agree!

Similar to how it works in Multiplayer Mode (Captain), please allow us to control one of our soldiers in combat if you character falls during battle. It adds a lot of fun to the game. I played one mod called Control Ally After Death and it was really fun, but it didn't let you choose the ally (it was based on the order of troops) and that mod seems to have been broken after the latest update of 1.5:cool:.

I just think battle would be a lot more fun if you had the same feature as Captain mode in Single Player. It allows you to play as a different troop type, personally when I played it, I did not realize how strong some of my companions were especially a shieldmaiden that used a two handed sword. Adds a lot of variety to the game.
The RTS Camera mod had Control Ally After Death built and its working for 1.5.8 stable. Its on the nexus and is updated often it seems.

I think it should be an option, but maybe just for companions and clan members.

Its very easy to die in Bannerlord (armor doesnt work), and with these literally thousand men armies clashing, its very likely that you will die at some point if you get stuck in with the enemy.

or even better add where you can completely control your alley ( for example while your main heroes rest or heal you can controll your companion to do things as if your where playing your main) pls invert this in to the game love this game and playing as my companion will make it better.

Back
Top Bottom