Content Ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

I have a couple ideas for new content I would love to see added to the game. Rather than keep them to myself I would like to know what people think

Idea 1: Slave/Prisoner Market

A random market which props up in towns for a short period allowing the player to recruit random captives. Could contain troop tiers 1-4 based on character level. Would allow you to recruit a unit not normally part of that towns culture.

Idea 2: Tournament volunteers

select up to 10 of your party members to participate in a Tournament. Gaining xp as they kill enemies/progress but they do not award the player the tournament prize. Could be a great way to level up units in the early game.

1): I think it'd be a little OP to be able to buy second-to-best quality troops but then again you already can do that (although I don't know the mechanics on how, just that at some point it becomes fairly common for Tier 4s to spawn as recruitable in allied territories at least). However, with a game of this type, I'm not really sure what else slaves could be that are interesting since it'd either be as an alternative to taking captives on lengthy car rides until they decide to join the force or as a way of speeding up civic development.

Actually... now that I think about it, it'd be pretty interesting if you could "buy people" in the form of captives and settle them in your own territories to increase Prosperity/development/money income. On that note, it'd be interesting if you could turn captives into citizens as well since it would be an interesting way to speed up the growth of recently devastated lands and make your own lands more profitable via a larger tax base.

2): I already use my companions as failsafes to win prizes lol, so I'd want to keep it like that but formalize selecting a number of them to participate in the tournaments for a large variety of reasons. Not just to make money off of prizes, but XP as you mentioned, and also the fun of sparring with characters you've grown with over the course of a story--it could be pretty epic in the late game to have all your clan members participate in an epic tournament basically comprised entirely of your own family and companions turned noble lol. Never mind practical benefits like XP, money, or item prizes; I think it's a cool idea to just play with.

Idea 1: Slave/Prisoner Market

A random market which props up in towns for a short period allowing the player to recruit random captives. Could contain troop tiers 1-4 based on character level. Would allow you to recruit a unit not normally part of that towns culture.
If I think about this, I see it more as an auction, so that a few lords bid for the slave they want.
In fact, auctions would be a good thing, too, for general items, weapons, armor, horses, and they could add specific gear that only appears in auctions. For example, a defeated royal fled the field of battle, but left his stead on the battlefield, which ended up wandering to farmer Greg's wheat field, causing incredible damage to Greg's yield during the harvesting season. Greg took the horse, and sold it to the auction house in order to make up for the damage done to his field, not knowing the quality or heritage of the stead that grazed on his farm. And so, the player can bid for a magnificent stead unlike any other in the game.

Back
Top Bottom