Constant war and executing enemy heros, a newbie guide to ruining your save

Users who are viewing this thread

Dozer3115

Recruit
To preface, I'm working with the southern empire, I own 1 city with 3 villages.
I got tired of stacked armies rolling up every day, so I decided to excecute enemy generals.
My thoughts were that the enemy empire would no longer have rapid siege armies.

What happened next has broken my game. The enemy ditched armies entirely and replaced every general I have killed (around 20), they now attack my villiages in groups of 30+. I am at war with two factions, both now send 2-4 raiding teams at me each day and im now stuck fighting on my porch. Ive got more gold than I can spend and 3 villiages I cannot leave for half a day. I dispatched a follower with a gang of 65 and whilst his stats look good, he just seems to **** off and let the villiages get stomped or loses half his troops trying to ward off a force of 30 (He is fully kitted, high skilled and his gang is 80% vetran)
War seems to be constant (currenty around 50+ days), I've got -100 standings with all enemys and merchants who are in my town (previously their town, executions were held after capturing it).
The other forces of the southern empire have not once came to help break a siege nor chase off enemies within the territory ( I might aswell have started my own faction)
Repairing standings seems futile, each subfaction general released after a fight only gives me +2 or +3 off the -100 to their subfaction. So 50 catch and release fights for every sub faction of two enemy empires?

My city starves every winter (But is selling food), has 0 loyalty due to modifiers I have never heard of and are in no way explained e.g (-0.3 imperial cities)

Random facts, you cannot talk to any character (for the speak to 10 people quest) if you have them captured in your party, or if they are in your jail (either there is no option to ask the question, or they refuse to speak) [If you do kill a critical character, a new guy appears and they all just send you his way]
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197974615064/ A companions name broke, whilst telling me of the many names for him and apparently I prefare to use his broken name.
The AI armies never bring enough food to support their troops, by bringing 60 days food with you to a siege you can prop up the roll of an army ( I have done this a few times now, each time they AI has moved from city siege to city siege. Unless they wheel to fend off a siege).

Another dead end save :sad:

Yeah executing enemy lords is usually really bad in the long run, I usually begin fighting as merc for any faction currently losing a war, free every enemy general i see and gain a ton of relations with everyone before settling.

Hm, I haven't had an issue with executions. I've been doing that since the start, no nobles, nobody to call up armies. Ya people tend to hate me, but I can get my own factions clans to like me by voting heavily in their favor during castle, city and policy votes. You get a way bigger positive boost to the people you vote for, than negative to the people you vote against. I actually headhunt nobles with my army. Recently executed the last army of battania and was immediately given the 4 cities that were under the nobles and kings control. My faction, Aserai, are going to probably take over the continent. We managed to whittle away the largest competitor factions by head hunting and taking castles. Now the southern empire is huge but with limited generals they won't last long.

For a long time I avoided executing nobles for fear of the repercussions. But then I saved and tried a few and for me it was the only way to break the stalemate with the Khuzaits. Eventually...it turned into a slight obsession....

hmmm...I'm new to these forums as of this afternoon and assumed I could insert screenshots but I guess not?

[imagine here screenshots of the faction encyclopedia screens and all of the Khuzaits and most of the other faction clans are greyed out because they're all dead :smile:]

All in all, my relations with people outside of a few close clans became -100 but after winning so many battles my influence was in the 4 figures so I became generous during castle votes. I was able to work most of the Southern Empire into the positive Influence ranges after a few castle votes.

EDIT.... I'm not sure how the OPs circumstances allowed for him to be swamped because I noticed after the first dozen or so executions that the frequency of running into enemy armies decreased significantly.

Actually, it got to the point where I had to cheat to hunt them down (it really became an obsession at that point). Some nobles stayed in their castles and would not come out or weren't visible as "parties". I had to root them out of their keeps by besieging - cheating to give myself the castle temporarily - yanking them from the dungeon - and then letting the voting take its course because I didn't want the castles just the bodies....

I did this for the Aserai, Battanians, Sturgians, and Vlandians as well. N. and W. Empires are just one person right now lol....
Oh and and there are no minor factions any more...

Finally, peace has been brought to the land :smile: My character's name is Thanos btw :wink:

Anyone listed as "Noble of X" isn't a party leader. They just float around as governors and emissaries in foreign courts. "Vassal of X" is a party leader. There is no specific term for clan heads, so you just have to look at the Encyclopedia to figure out which ones are in charge of their clans.

Ive never gotten that far in a game that i had my own Kingdom so Ive never had the choice to execute but i hope that its not essential to gameplay as i find it abhorrent. That is -unless i had some nemesis Lord whos been buggering me for a whole campaign -then of course id savor it..

Ive never gotten that far in a game that i had my own Kingdom so Ive never had the choice to execute but i hope that its not essential to gameplay as i find it abhorrent. That is -unless i had some nemesis Lord whos been buggering me for a whole campaign -then of course id savor it..

You don't need your own kingdom; I'm pretty sure you can execute from day 1. It's in the Prisoners menu when you click on them.

Also, it's absolutely NOT essential to gameplay but it does seem to be the only way of permanently weakening the enemy armies to give yourself some breathing room. It will detrimentally affect your relation to other parties for some reason though (you'd think my clan kinsmen would be ok with me executing the raiders who have been looting their villages).

My understanding and experience is that it harms relations with the executee's friends, but that it's a neutral action with everyone else.

Would like to see it improve relations with their enemies. It'd be nice to permanently put down the insurgency left behind after taking all a faction's lands and get a little relations boost with my faction mates who hate the dying faction.

My understanding and experience is that it harms relations with the executee's friends, but that it's a neutral action with everyone else.
If the victim had the dishonorable trait you suffer the following relations losses:
  • -30 with the victim's clan
  • -15 with the victim's friends
  • -5 with the victim's faction
Otherwise you lose:
  • -60 with the victim's clan
  • -30 with the victim's friends
  • -10 with the victim's faction
  • -10 with all honorable lords

If the victim had the dishonorable trait you suffer the following relations losses:
Otherwise you lose:

And these stack, correct?

Otherwise you lose:
Ouch, steeper penalties than I realized. Would love to see it balanced out with an equivalent increase with the victim's enemies at least.

For a long time I avoided executing nobles for fear of the repercussions. But then I saved and tried a few and for me it was the only way to break the stalemate with the Khuzaits. Eventually...it turned into a slight obsession....

hmmm...I'm new to these forums as of this afternoon and assumed I could insert screenshots but I guess not?

[imagine here screenshots of the faction encyclopedia screens and all of the Khuzaits and most of the other faction clans are greyed out because they're all dead :smile:]

All in all, my relations with people outside of a few close clans became -100 but after winning so many battles my influence was in the 4 figures so I became generous during castle votes. I was able to work most of the Southern Empire into the positive Influence ranges after a few castle votes.

EDIT.... I'm not sure how the OPs circumstances allowed for him to be swamped because I noticed after the first dozen or so executions that the frequency of running into enemy armies decreased significantly.

Actually, it got to the point where I had to cheat to hunt them down (it really became an obsession at that point). Some nobles stayed in their castles and would not come out or weren't visible as "parties". I had to root them out of their keeps by besieging - cheating to give myself the castle temporarily - yanking them from the dungeon - and then letting the voting take its course because I didn't want the castles just the bodies....

I did this for the Aserai, Battanians, Sturgians, and Vlandians as well. N. and W. Empires are just one person right now lol....
Oh and and there are no minor factions any more...

Finally, peace has been brought to the land :smile: My character's name is Thanos btw :wink:

Total world domination, yeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss!!

Executing lords is like playing this game in the easiest easy mode you can imagine.

What he said ^. You of course can play the game anyway you want. BUT.. you are not supposed to kill the enemy nobles. It is the near cheat easy mode to the game just skipping to the ends without doing the work to actually win. Just sayin... that is like playing it all on easy/very easy mode with a big bonus of cheesy easy.

Gamers play on realistic. no mount speed bonus. ( hate if you want it is still true.)

I'd actually be ok with someone executing every lord they want if:
1) if you lose a fight they can execute your character too
2) the only save was an auto save that deleted when your character died
My issue is that besides a relationship hit there is no real deterrent to doing it, "no quarter" should go both ways.

What he said ^. You of course can play the game anyway you want. BUT.. you are not supposed to kill the enemy nobles. It is the near cheat easy mode to the game just skipping to the ends without doing the work to actually win. Just sayin... that is like playing it all on easy/very easy mode with a big bonus of cheesy easy.

Gamers play on realistic. no mount speed bonus. ( hate if you want it is still true.)

Game should use real world measures to temper this behavior. If your faction are indeed Lordly with "Christian type values" then the other Lords should hate and possibly try and Usurp you out of their faction for being barbaric.

If your whole faction is generally barbaric, then they should support you but the chances of other "civilized" factions should gang up on yours.

It's fun too kill them. It does make everybody hate you though, even most notables. Doesn't matter because you can force recruit but it is annoying if say you wanted to only kill a few lords and are now stuck with your own town and villages hating you. Buti t's better not to kill any unless you just want to play the whole game killing everyone for fun.

I've come to look at lords like wandering money/troop bags, why would I want to get rid of that?
Also I think the prisoners don't escape quite as fast now, not 100% on that but if feels better and effective now.

Also I think the prisoners don't escape quite as fast now, not 100% on that but if feels better and effective now.

Just remember there is a bug where the prisoners given to a friendly (but not owned) settlement are actually given to the garrison (technically a party) and have higher escape rates because of it. If you put them into your own settlement, they go to the dungeon where they belong, it is only the player dumping prisoners into a friendly settlement that is bugged.

Back
Top Bottom