conspiracy mission ruined my game

Users who are viewing this thread

So if I don't unify the empire in a stressful time trial ... Does everyone declare war on me at once? Is this a joke? I know this is due to the Arzagos conspiracy. But if you are going to implement Arzagos to succeed in his conspiracy and everyone declares war on me ... You could have implemented a way to stop the conspiracy.

I just trashed a long hours campaign, and honestly I've gotten so angry that I don't feel like playing the game again until you implement a way to stop the conspiracy.

I like being able to play at my own pace, as I did in warband, not a stressful time trial poorly implemented. If you are not going to give a way to stop the conspiracy ... Then you do not imply the success of the conspiracy, all it does is ruin the game.

I know I repeat myself. But honestly, I do not understand not to implement a way to stop the conspiracy, but to implement what happens if you cannot stop it. What are they thinking? What is the point? Getting frustrated? I dont get it.

And you didn't keep a save from right before you declared yourself Bannerlord?

I did, and when that conspiracy kept coming back again and again and factions started using me as their own special punching bag, I reloaded the save from before I founded a kingdom.

If you didn't, then losing your save is your fault. This is EA, and believe it or not, there is stuff that doesn't work right. Save early and save often.

And you didn't keep a save from right before you declared yourself Bannerlord?
Yes, I have a previous game ... many hours before and with a lot of lost progress. I went straight to it as soon as I could.

If you didn't, then losing your save is your fault. This is EA, and believe it or not, there is stuff that doesn't work right. Save early and save often.
This is not a bug. It is implementing a mechanic that ruins your game without implementing the mechanic that allows you to protect yourself from the conspiracy. So no, it's not my fault. I don't make the decisions about what is prematurely implemented in the game.

So if I don't unify the empire in a stressful time trial ... Does everyone declare war on me at once? Is this a joke? I know this is due to the Arzagos conspiracy. But if you are going to implement Arzagos to succeed in his conspiracy and everyone declares war on me ... You could have implemented a way to stop the conspiracy.

I just trashed a long hours campaign, and honestly I've gotten so angry that I don't feel like playing the game again until you implement a way to stop the conspiracy.

I like being able to play at my own pace, as I did in warband, not a stressful time trial poorly implemented. If you are not going to give a way to stop the conspiracy ... Then you do not imply the success of the conspiracy, all it does is ruin the game.

I know I repeat myself. But honestly, I do not understand not to implement a way to stop the conspiracy, but to implement what happens if you cannot stop it. What are they thinking? What is the point? Getting frustrated? I dont get it.
I think most of us who have played enough of the ea just ignore the main quest at least partially. I get to the point where I rescue my brother and sister and I don't worry about it any more. There is no need to play it because if you want a kingdom all you have to do is wait till your clan is tier 4 and take some settlements and you can avoid all that bs.

It is also useless to unify the empire (get 75% of the imperial settlements). I did it in my game, before the conspiracy ended. He gave me the mission over (to unify the empire) and immediately three of the factions with which I was not at war declared war on me. It is part of a new mission in which you must destroy or force them to ask these three factions for peace. With the factions you were already at war with, you are practically at war with everyone. It is only when you conquer 100% of the old imperial settlements that the empire is truly unified and all remaining imperial factions are passed into your kingdom, and then things balance out a bit ...

I'm also here for this. The problem is i actually ignored the quest first but it timed out so i researched what that meant and people were saying you can't make your own kingdom unless you make the banner. So i reloaded perivous save and did the banner thing,formed my kingdom and now the conspiracy is filling up. It's at somewhere 1400 mark right now and i only have 2 cities. They say whole empire will come at me after the bar fills up.
Empire is still pretty strong in my game. This ruined gameplay for me so it is either not having your own kingdom or going to war with half of the map?

I'm also here for this. The problem is i actually ignored the quest first but it timed out so i researched what that meant and people were saying you can't make your own kingdom unless you make the banner. So i reloaded perivous save and did the banner thing,formed my kingdom and now the conspiracy is filling up. It's at somewhere 1400 mark right now and i only have 2 cities. They say whole empire will come at me after the bar fills up.
Empire is still pretty strong in my game. This ruined gameplay for me so it is either not having your own kingdom or going to war with half of the map?
You've been deceived. You can create your own kingdom at clan tier 4 without ever touching the main quest (in the kingdom tab, you'll see create kingdom button). I'd also recommend doing it without the quest as it is not finished yet. Also i consider the main quest to be the banner quest, not rescuing your family (which you should always do)

You've been deceived. You can create your own kingdom at clan tier 4 without ever touching the main quest (in the kingdom tab, you'll see create kingdom button). I'd also recommend doing it without the quest as it is not finished yet. Also i consider the main quest to be the banner quest, not rescuing your family (which you should always do)
oh thanks then, i didn't personally ask anyone but read other comments about the same issue and they were probably older posts and devs changed how things work. I will just roll to an older save.

Last edited:
I declared for Battania out of curiosity. Although thanks to me Caldog doesn't have much to fear from the remaining rumps of the Empire. I'll find out in a few short days.

So is there a real consequence of this filling up? Just imperial / non-imperial faction declaring war on your kingdom or the kingdom you gave the banner to?

Daft question, but can't you just use influence and sue for peace?

NO! you get peace for a week and let go .. for sh11tte load of money.

Well my campaign was just destroyed, conspiracy time limit finally ran out and Khuziat (world super power), Aserai (large empire) and Battavia declared war against me. Ok, I thought, lets fight this out piece meal ... NO! 300 Aserai attacked my army of 300..My army totally detroyed, their army 50% .. WTF ! MY army was mostly elites .. didn't matter, they dissolved against Aserai infantry (both in Shield wall)

Unless I'm doing something wrong and this can be fixed , this has ended my campaign dead ..

Absolutely ridiculous ! 80 odd elites Empire Heavy infantry just .. dissolved within 8 seconds against Aserai heavy infantry !!! My HI were in Shield wall yet that didn't help. It took me months to train up these men .. lost within seconds.

There must be an option to abandon the Dragon Banner Quest, maybe Sell to another Faction late in the quest.

Last edited:
Absolutely ridiculous ! 80 odd elites Empire Heavy infantry just .. dissolved within 8 seconds against Aserai heavy infantry !!! My HI were in Shield wall yet that didn't help. It took me months to train up these men .. lost within seconds.

There must be an option to abandon the Dragon Banner Quest, maybe Sell to another Faction late in the quest.

You could try a mod:
Don't know if it runs with the current version, maybe you can find something similar using google.

I give up ! I cannot defeat 3 powerful opponents at once especially if I cannot buy a peace agreement. Having a -100 to 100 scale for 3 powerful enemies is almost impossible.

And where are my Allies ? If Arzagos can organise 3 enemies ,surely Istiana can organise 1 Ally ?

Back to Rimworld.

Last edited:
GREAT IDEA - possible fix

When 3 large non-empire kingdoms declare war against a Empire player, 1 or 2 other empire kingdoms declare alliances with the player, starting a - World War .. of sorts.

If you are a weak kingdom, you might need to "Sell" the Dragon banner to a large Empire Ally ? (to gain the alliance ?)

Just an idea ... current system doesn't work.

I give up ! I cannot defeat 3 powerful opponents at once especially if I cannot buy a peace agreement. Having a -100 to 100 scale for 3 powerful enemies is almost impossible.

And where are my Allies ? If Arzagos can organise 3 enemies ,surely Istiana can organise 1 Ally ?

Back to Rimworld.
i never followed the main quest. but when the Western Empire leader died they made me their king. but Western Empire is a pain to play with. they are at war with everyone all the damn time. its like Swadians all over again ;_; anyways Rimworld top game though xD im getting at a point to start executing Battanians. mainly because of their 1400 man army :sad:

Back
Top Bottom