kick pila
throwable couches
infinite hp horses
10 second bump duration
block delay
any class can ride heavy horse
skirmishers 3 lives 9999 javs
now this...

im convinced there is a planet of the apes scenario going on and tw hq was taken over by rabid chimps and theyre the ones pushing these changes
apes.jpg

To open the console its ` and alt. These are very common keys to press when your playing and it is annoying when it pops up when you don't want it to maybe just make it a different key combo.

This issue has been forwarded to the devs. There is also a similar issue with some laptops not having a tilde key (and therefore they can't open the console at all in SP). I think the most likely solution will be allowing you to rebind the key. Unfortunately, I don't know when that change will come, but we are definitely aware of it and are working on some solution.

This issue has been forwarded to the devs. There is also a similar issue with some laptops not having a tilde key (and therefore they can't open the console at all in SP). I think the most likely solution will be allowing you to rebind the key. Unfortunately, I don't know when that change will come, but we are definitely aware of it and are working on some solution.

You guys introduced this ""feature"" with a hotfix and we now have to wait 2 months for it to go away? This response is probably more annoying than silence. In fact, "soon™" is becoming a community meme because that's the only thing we hear from you. While the game haemorrhages players due to problems we point out, we're told to wait for some rapture-like, promised update.

If this is the best communication you're capable of, then I wouldn't even pay you to manage my Instagram; I can post once a month and reply to comments with platitudes just fine on my own. Anyone can.

You guys introduced this ""feature"" with a hotfix and we now have to wait 2 months for it to go away? This response is probably more annoying than silence. In fact, "soon™" is becoming a community meme because that's the only thing we hear from you. While the game haemorrhages players due to problems we point out, we're told to wait for some rapture-like, promised update.

If this is the best communication you're capable of, then I wouldn't even pay you to manage my Instagram; I can post once a month and reply to comments with platitudes just fine on my own. Anyone can.
Don't worry change will come soon™

You're upset that the best communication a CM can give you is tell you that they are aware of the issue and are fixing it along with it an idea on how they intend to fix it? What do you want him to tell you? The entire process that is required to allow players to rebind keys? I don't see how he could've communicated it better.

I don't see how silence would be better than not knowing whether an issue would or would not be taken care of. If we had more tip offs from devs and community managers on what they are intending to fix or change it would be a good thing. Don't attack callum for doing a good thing before none of the devs or community managers want to communicate more good things to us.

@Callum Thank you for letting us know it's getting fixed.

You're upset that the best communication a CM can give you is tell you that they are aware of the issue and are fixing it along with it an idea on how they intend to fix it? What do you want him to tell you? The entire process that is required to allow players to rebind keys? I don't see how he could've communicated it better.

I don't see how silence would be better than not knowing whether an issue would or would not be taken care of. If we had more tip offs from devs and community managers on what they are intending to fix or change it would be a good thing. Don't attack callum for doing a good thing before none of the devs or community managers want to communicate more good things to us.

@Callum Thank you for letting us know it's getting fixed.

Careful! Let's not make any noise otherwise the devs will get scared. To communicate nothing better to say nothing (And callum you know I love you)
Please, a CM like Callum who's tanned in a thousand battles has much thicker skin. Stop being so condescending...

---

@CANTON Your relation with Terco_Viejo has increased from 50 to 75.

You're upset that the best communication a CM can give you is tell you that they are aware of the issue and are fixing it along with it an idea on how they intend to fix it?

Yeah, I'm annoyed that all we ever hear is "this problem has been noticed and will be fixed soon™." Obviously it's good that we're getting some acknowledgement of this issue. However, I don't think it's wrong to complain about TW's broader inability to communicate their vision or plans. More accurately, their inability to do anything but make vague promises of "something good happening sometime soon™."

If you're wondering why I chose this comment in particular, it's probably because this issue came from a tiny hotfix. Now, when we point out how irritating it is, we're consigned to the same nebulous timeframe as combat changes. Namely, we can expect a fix "soon™." Combat parameter changes almost make sense, but why should we have to wait 3 months to deal with an issue that was introduced in 2 minutes?

Yeah, I'm annoyed that all we ever hear is "this problem has been noticed and will be fixed soon™." Obviously it's good that we're getting some acknowledgement of this issue. However, I don't think it's wrong to complain about TW's broader inability to communicate their vision or plans. More accurately, their inability to do anything but make vague promises of "something good happening sometime soon™."

If you're wondering why I chose this comment in particular, it's probably because this issue came from a tiny hotfix. Now, when we point out how irritating it is, we're consigned to the same nebulous timeframe as combat changes. Namely, we can expect a fix "soon™." Combat parameter changes almost make sense, but why should we have to wait 3 months to deal with an issue that was introduced in 2 minutes?
I mean, they are not even able to communicate inside TW, so no surprise they can't communicate with the fans. Honestly, I have no idea why devblogs were removed. They are so useful in EA but they stopped doing them when EA launched.

The game has issues I think were all in agreement there but I just don't see how what Callum said is a bad thing. I guess to better show what I mean, what exactly did you want to hear instead of what Callum told you or if you were Callum what would you say to make this issue better?

The game has issues I think were all in agreement there but I just don't see how what Callum said is a bad thing. I guess to better show what I mean, what exactly did you want to hear instead of what Callum told you or if you were Callum what would you say to make this issue better?

Once again, I don't think there is anything particularly egregious in his reply. Rather, I was complaining that this comment is part of a broad pattern of TW not communicating properly. However, if you're so insistent that I write Callum's reply for him, I'd at least say "we'll try and sort this out by the next patch," or "no promises, but we might be able to change the keybind for opening the console." It shows a great lack of imagination (or faith in @Callum's competence) on your part that you think "soon™" is the only feasible response to this. Such vague and unhelpful communication from TW is less than the bare minimum, and you should stop pretending that it isn't.

Once again, I don't think there is anything particularly egregious in his reply. Rather, I was complaining that this comment is part of a broad pattern of TW not communicating properly. However, if you're so insistent that I write Callum's reply for him, I'd at least say "we'll try and sort this out by the next patch," or "no promises, but we might be able to change the keybind for opening the console." It shows a great lack of imagination (or faith in @Callum's competence) on your part that you think "soon™" is the only feasible response to this. Such vague and unhelpful communication from TW is less than the bare minimum, and you should stop pretending that it isn't.

Your own "better" answers are also just other iterations of "soon™" though. They don't communicate anything different. You are also the one that expressed doubt in Callum's communication skills, not me. Don't be upset that Callum didn't make any promises he doesn't know can be kept or not, I'm not defending how poor development has gone so far but we'd be sharpening pitchforks if every simple confirmation Callum or other mods/devs came with empty promises (it's happened a few times already and none of those times have made us any happier). Communication has also been poor but if at this point you haven't figured it out its not because Callum or any of the other devs can do anything about it, they either don't know for sure or aren't allowed to disclose. And before anyone goes and pisses themselves saying there's no way they can't confirm small little things remember that this game was announced in 2012 with intent to be out a couple of years later and we're just now 3 months into EA in 2020. I'd rather have "soon™" than nothing but empty promises or silence.

Your own "better" answers are also just other iterations of "soon™" though. They don't communicate anything different. You are also the one that expressed doubt in Callum's communication skills, not me. Don't be upset that Callum didn't make any promises he doesn't know can be kept or not, I'm not defending how poor development has gone so far but we'd be sharpening pitchforks if every simple confirmation Callum or other mods/devs came with empty promises (it's happened a few times already and none of those times have made us any happier). Communication has also been poor but if at this point you haven't figured it out its not because Callum or any of the other devs can do anything about it, they either don't know for sure or aren't allowed to disclose. And before anyone goes and pisses themselves saying there's no way they can't confirm small little things remember that this game was announced in 2012 with intent to be out a couple of years later and we're just now 3 months into EA in 2020. I'd rather have "soon™" than nothing but empty promises or silence.
The suits are to strong

@CdJrcxx Whatever dude. The fact of the matter is that TW's interactions with the community are underwhelming. That is all I'm complaining about, and it has very little to do with that specific comment. With regards to the hypothetical responses I shat out in a minute, at least they gave a realistic timeline (next patch), or a potential, viable fix (changing the keybind). Neither of these are just iterations of "soon." In any case, those half-assed replies don't accomplish anything but to show that one *could* be a bit more detailed than Callum (even if they're trying to be vague).

However, if we accept that these are just iterations of "soon," note that I'm writing from the perspective of somebody with no authority or sway. The fact that I chose this perspective is no coincidence: I think you're right when you say that Callum isn't in a position to say much. Even then, the critique remains the same. TW doesn't communicate properly, for one reason or another, and I don't see what harm there is in complaining about that.

Maybe I was wrong to be so snappy about this response in particular; however, people should express annoyance if this is the best TW can offer. Maybe it'll make the higher ups realize that "soon" isn't an adequate response.

In any case, you seem more interested in arguing for its own sake - as evidenced by your posts generally lacking a point or goal. If you want to keep trying to own me with facts and logic, let's do it in PM. Other than that, I think we've both derailed this thread enough, so let's just leave it alone.

@CdJrcxx Whatever dude. The fact of the matter is that TW's interactions with the community are underwhelming. That is all I'm complaining about, and it has very little to do with that specific comment. With regards to the hypothetical responses I shat out in a minute, at least they gave a realistic timeline (next patch), or a potential, viable fix (changing the keybind). Neither of these are just iterations of "soon." In any case, those half-assed replies don't accomplish anything but to show that one *could* be a bit more detailed than Callum (even if they're trying to be vague).

However, if we accept that these are just iterations of "soon," note that I'm writing from the perspective of somebody with no authority or sway. The fact that I chose this perspective is no coincidence: I think you're right when you say that Callum isn't in a position to say much. Even then, the critique remains the same. TW doesn't communicate properly, for one reason or another, and I don't see what harm there is in complaining about that.

Maybe I was wrong to be so snappy about this response in particular; however, people should express annoyance if this is the best TW can offer. Maybe it'll make the higher ups realize that "soon" isn't an adequate response.

In any case, you seem more interested in arguing for its own sake - as evidenced by your posts generally lacking a point or goal. If you want to keep trying to own me with facts and logic, let's do it in PM. Other than that, I think we've both derailed this thread enough, so let's just leave it alone.

I went a bit far, I just don't enjoy seeing people snap on people that are doing what it probably their best. I apologize. Let's leave it and let the OP be the subject as you said.

Last edited:
Please Please Please Please Remove the console from the Multiplayer game. It serves literally no purpose in MP other than to block our screen and prevent us from moving our characters.

all Callum needs to do is take a hint from mexxico (everyone's favourite dev) and give an actual response that shows we're not just cry babies for expecting something we dont deserve when we just want a playable game.
Sorry for that huge bug to be live. We made lots of internal tests but only for beta 1.4.3; it seems 1.4.2 also get some new updates but some of them not tested by accident. Today there will be quick hotfix.
Yes you are right. This should not happen. That kind of obvious bugs need to be catched before going beta.
these quotes are the only thing to come out of TW recently that is at least respectful towards us sweaty weebs

Back
Top Bottom