In Progress Console Booting

Users who are viewing this thread

PremiumGull

Recruit
Hey developers I have been having a problem on the xbox servers with people getting my IP, using some 3rd party tech allowing them to kick me off the multiplayer servers. Is there something you can implement which protects the players from getting booted/kicked offline from your servers. If not don't worry about it. Thanks.

There are no official servers of which I know. People can also not get your IP, also not via a third party software. It is however possible that they issued a permanent ban from a server against you. In that case your game-id is stored in the blacklist of those servers. You are however then still able to join other servers, it's no global ban.

How would it be possible for someone to issue me a ban when i haven't done anything wrong on the xbox servers? As well as in the community I am aware that people are buying software or using software to DDos people, not kick people offline my bad.

Also I believe a vpn would protect my internet I just thought you guys should be aware of the xbox community and people DDossing other players.

I am at this point not sure if xbox players are on their own servers since I saw also some xbox players at the servers at which I play regulary. And if you have joined a private server it's always possible that the admin there issued a ban for you out of whatever reason. And DDossing is not a common problem in our game's community as far as I am aware.

Yeah I dont believe pc and console players are on the same servers because the pc community has way more updates, and maps, etc... The xbox/console servers dont have admins as far as I'm aware and xbox is just the vanilla game without any updates, the devs have told me they wouldn't update the xbox community. But thanks for the help though I appreciate it. ?

Hm, that's not true as I have said before. We don't get any updates at the PC neither. And I am 100 % sure that I have seen xbox-players at the servers I play at and so have others, so they are not separated totally. Might still be that there are some xbox-exclusive servers but of those I don't know.

There are no moderators, the servers are official and are reset weekly by Taleworlds due to persistent issues, you don't don't banned, your IP can be taken from playing the game and be used to boot, there is no crossplay, PC version is far ahead of Xbox with console being on one of the earlier version to make porting easier

It's clear this person has 0 idea of what they are talking about

The forum moderation is no tech support and is not required to know everything, I am just a regular forum visitor like yourself. I thought that crossplay is enabled since I encounter often players with some [XBox] tag in front of their name. I have read now also about the DDosing problems the console players encounter, at the PC we don't have any big problems at that area.

Back
Top Bottom