MP Consistent health

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey everybody I have a small suggestion that might not change the gameplay but make the game more accesible.

Across all units, most of them have 100 HP.
The exception being shock troops, which have 110 HP.

I don't understand that.

If I hit a Legionary for 50 damage, I know that I did 50% damage in relation to the units max HP.

If I am fighting a shock unit and deal 50 Dmg that unit more than 50 HP remaining.

That is just so random. Almost all units have 100 HP and it works. The damage received is regulated by armor.

If I hit a Recruit for 20 damage and a Legionary for 20 damage I know that my attack was worse on the recruit because the damage reduction for recruits is lower.

I'd rather have shock units have one or two more points in armour than 10 HP more. Because it helps me to communicate with my teammates or anticipate how close the enemy unit is to dying.

I'd actually go further and do the same for horses. If all horses have 100 (or maybe 200) HP but higher armour it is easier to anticipate and communicate how low a horse is.

Hey everybody I have a small suggestion that might not change the gameplay but make the game more accesible.

Across all units, most of them have 100 HP.
The exception being shock troops, which have 110 HP.

I don't understand that.

If I hit a Legionary for 50 damage, I know that I did 50% damage in relation to the units max HP.

If I am fighting a shock unit and deal 50 Dmg that unit more than 50 HP remaining.

That is just so random. Almost all units have 100 HP and it works. The damage received is regulated by armor.

If I hit a Recruit for 20 damage and a Legionary for 20 damage I know that my attack was worse on the recruit because the damage reduction for recruits is lower.

I'd rather have shock units have one or two more points in armour than 10 HP more. Because it helps me to communicate with my teammates or anticipate how close the enemy unit is to dying.

I'd actually go further and do the same for horses. If all horses have 100 (or maybe 200) HP but higher armour it is easier to anticipate and communicate how low a horse is.

I don't really get it.. 50 damage doesen't equal 50 less hp points, because of the armor, so you would need to calculate how much percent of the damage is reduced by the armor.. that wouldn't be viable at all.. so either you are a crazy mathematician, you got something wrong or its too late at night and I just don't understand what you're saying :grin:

I don't really get it.. 50 damage doesen't equal 50 less hp points, because of the armor, so you would need to calculate how much percent of the damage is reduced by the armor.. that wouldn't be viable at all.. so either you are a crazy mathematician, you got something wrong or its too late at night and I just don't understand what you're saying :grin:
????
The game tells you how much damage you do on hit. Armor is already factored in at that point. Have you played this game before?

Anyways, OT: Yes for infantry, skeptical for horses.

Goddammit namakan, can't you just answer like a normal human being for once? I honestly didn't know that armor absorption is already calculated in, because I never needed to know it to be able to decently play the game and have fun playing it, its as easy as that. You can see on my previous comment, that I don't exactly claim to be an expert on it.
Sorry, making the assumption the game would tell you damage values that you have to subtract armor absorbtion from yourself was clearly very reasonable of you.

????
The game tells you how much damage you do on hit. Armor is already factored in at that point. Have you played this game before?

Anyways, OT: Yes for infantry, skeptical for horses.

Yeah I am also skeptical about horses but

unknown.png

unknown.png

asyou can seen the Horse HP is all over the place from 190 to 280.

I think having Horse HP at only 100 is no issue but it would probably feel more familiar if it's locked to a higher number.
One could for example lock light Horses at 200 HP and Heavy at 250. And the remianing differences could be determined by higher armour values.

But overall I am mainly interested all plaqyable units locked to the same health. Horses would be nice but it's not a must have.

doesnt armor impact weapon bounces? if it does you need to rework the whole system but it would be nice to have the same amount of healthpoints for units/horses. Could display % based combat log if it doesnt impact performance too much.

I think the main reason infantry weapons do little damage to horses is the height difference. Especially when overheading, the horse is to high up, the swing doesnt travel far enough to do damage.
The difference in horse health is quite annoying, whenever I hurt a horse I'm never confident in saying its low, because I havent bothered memorizing the hp yet.

Back
Top Bottom