Consider Setting Up a Battle Mode Server in CN Region

Users who are viewing this thread

I am very pleased that Taleworlds recently opened up custom battle servers in Europe and North America. Battle mode is definitely the most anticipated game mode, I asked @NIN3 several times if it could open a similar server in East Asia, only to be told that the custom server is still in a small internal test and no additional test slots are planned. While this is frustrating for most EA players:cry:, it's perfectly acceptable to wait a bit, given that beta times don't last too long.

Today @Duh_TaleWorlds announced that there will be no updates this week or even next week which has made me completely desperate (But thanks for keeping me from waiting like an idiot).

EA has long had an equal player base with EU and NA, even after OC's server split. 90% of the players on EA servers are CN players, it is unfair for Taleworlds to select only EU and EA players in internal testing, although the number of East Asian players active in the forums is not so high, but MountandBladeCn has been deeply involved in the localization process of Bannerlord, so feel free to hand over server files to them to open up a CN battlemode server.

At least two-thirds of M&B players in China are still playing Warband, but that doesn't mean Bannerlord isn't fun, in large part because of server latency. The server was acceptable in Hong Kong, but in 2020 it was moved to Singapore resulting in 50ping in Southern China's city - Shenzhen, in northeast China, the delay exceeded 100ping, making it impossible to play normally.

I understand why Taleworlds didn't put their servers in mainland China, but custom servers can be understood as a spontaneous act by players to circumvent some censorship:censored:. So providing a server file for China means more than just testing battle modes, it means a smoother multiplayer experience with lower latency overall.

30qJ5.png

Waste occurs because EU and EA get too many test servers, many servers stay at zero for long periods of time, plz consider adding such a server for CN or send M&BCN station a server file pls, players will cherish this hard-won server. @Callum @Dejan

I wish you a happy holiday!:fruity:

Last edited:
Yes Please Open a server in china or singapore for battle mode i know that it's not done yet but still lots of fun tho many players will coming back to play bannerlord there are a lot of player still playing warband bcz no custom server and battle mode now that it is both unavaible in EA back in 2020 EA also the latest to get Duel server we need to go to beta and join in TDM for practice we know that there will be offical server for battle mode in 1.7.2 but its just not fair only EU NA get the server and it's just to hard waiting its release and watching others having much fun on it . could u please open a server even the mode is not done. Thanks

Yes Please Open a server in china or singapore for battle mode i know that it's not done yet but still lots of fun tho many players will coming back to play bannerlord there are a lot of player still playing warband bcz no custom server and battle mode now that it is both unavaible in EA back in 2020 EA also the latest to get Duel server we need to go to beta and join in TDM for practice we know that there will be offical server for battle mode in 1.7.2 but its just not fair only EU NA get the server and it's just to hard waiting its release and watching others having much fun on it . could u please open a server even the mode is not done. Thanks
I hope so, I don't want to play on EU/NA servers anymore. Please! ! ! ! ! Open EA server for Asian players! ! !

Hello, @badbuckle welcome to community fourm!:smile:

As the title says, will the MP dev team consider opening a battle mode server for CN recently?(send the beta server file to M&B-CN station or a player)

The appeal of players in East Asia has long been ignored, I hope that the MP team will improve under your leadership

Asia server is 90% of the players from China, Japan and South Korea, on average, there is at most one Singaporean player for every 30 players, but it is placed on the server in Singapore, this means that the vast majority of the players have to endure high ping and unfriendly game experience, and among the dozens of players, players like noble VIP in Singapore, They can have extremely low latency, and some people even use it as bragging rights, mocking them with benefits that other players should have, which is ridiculous

Last edited:
The Multi-player part of this game is just mad silent now. You either cut it off entirely and placed your emphasis on Single-player, or you do something about it. Having the battle server be placed somewhere in the greater area of Asia would definitely help client retention, and adds vitality to the player community.
I totally understand that devs could be restricted by the time and resources that they can put into MP, however, oftentimes we do not see a schedule being published. "It is ready when is ready" is what I have heard the most over these two years of playing this game and anxiously waiting for new updates. I understand that making new changes is hard, but I do not see forecasting some deadlines could be that hard.

SA was also taken away from beta testing for some reason. Why wouldnt they let a big member of our community host a server for everyone? No idea, it really doesnt make sense, we've been waiting for years now and then they dont even offer us to open a custom server at all???? We'll have to wait another couple of months sadly, and this goes for CN too. It is how it is, I no longer understand the thinking process of this company

SA was also taken away from beta testing for some reason. Why wouldnt they let a big member of our community host a server for everyone? No idea, it really doesnt make sense, we've been waiting for years now and then they dont even offer us to open a custom server at all???? We'll have to wait another couple of months sadly, and this goes for CN too. It is how it is, I no longer understand the thinking process of this company
Such is the case, TW lacks and explanation for the SA server, even though @armagan made the promise two years ago, but we still don't see SA in the server list.

This battlefield mode internal test is a good opportunity to address this issue, but they identified test players without any community discussion, and announced that it would not accept new testers, is there a smaller community within the community? this is very arbitrary. EU and NA are by no means the only players in this game, have you guys ever checked the server list in the game yourself? Would having a server with almost nobody have a positive impact on your testing? The answer is obvious. The biggest problem with the community now is the lack of direct interaction between developers and players. I don't know when a developer will leave a comment on this post, but I will keep this post hot until the official custom server files are released.

In the end, I sincerely hope that TW will consider this proposal, more test players will not do you any harm!

Update the EA battlefield mode, and then set the secondary weapon to Beijing, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, and Shenzhen. After doing so, give all TW members a longevity incense.

Back
Top Bottom