Consider: Post Release.

Users who are viewing this thread

I did not read all pages yet but I want to add a quick note regarding link you shared to my post.

Dumbing AI was offered as an alternative way 6 months ago if we could not solve speeding up AI calculatons. Of course it was last option. Good news is we speeded up calculations without dumbing AI. So no need to discuss this furthermore. Campaign AI will not be downgraded to speed up game for consoles. At these days I criticized this to be offered as an alternative way. Campaign AI’s quality is so important for gameplay and we should not downgrade it for any reason.
Grand news! So glad that you guys found a way, attributing to the fact that TW truly does have fantastic devs who don't opt for the 'easy way out'.

How do you manage to reply to this soku guy without getting yourself banned, he might just be the most stubborn uneducated person on the forums.

it's really triggering me
Ya his statement of:
I see no issues with that, it's a common practice when you plan to port your game on consoles anyway.
really pissed me off, it's almost like he wants TW to downgrade the game. This isn't even white knighting anymore, but just straight sabotage to the game.

Quick points @JustinTime49

I was referring to great and complex games ported to consoles like Cities Skylines or Planet Coaster that somehow managed ( via a different team ) to be on a playable and most importantly enjoyable state on a somehow limited hardware.

Now if you read me you do know that I do not wish the game to be dumbed down or whatever you can come up with that, this is exactly why I asked you a follow up question :

Are we sure we are talking about dumbing down the mechanics from the PC / main branch ?

No need to be triggered by this really, that wasn't remotely intended, I'm sorry if it was because of a poor wording from my side.

Honestly for months now I'm always asking you to elaborate your thoughts because I had issue wrapping my head on that narrative and you do know really well that nobody on that thread or anywhere else tried to give me anything substancial past the UI change.

I won't derail the thread that much, I already did and I'm sorry for that, since you made a lot of good points earlier to me I would be happy to PM you a quick message later today.
( In all honesty I didn't realize it was from this thread that we debated a couple of weeks ago, my bad here )

Edit: what's shameful on my side and I essentially didn't say in how grateful I am to read what @mexxico told us yesterday, sorry again on derailing this thread.

Last edited:
I did not read all pages yet but I want to add a quick note regarding link you shared to my post.

Dumbing AI was offered as an alternative way 6 months ago if we could not solve speeding up AI calculatons. Of course it was last option. Good news is we speeded up calculations without dumbing AI. So no need to discuss this furthermore. Campaign AI will not be downgraded to speed up game for consoles. At these days I criticized this to be offered as an alternative way. Campaign AI’s quality is so important for gameplay and we should not downgrade it for any reason.
Happy to hear this mexxico!
Is there any point in hoping that calculations have been sped up so much that AI can actually make more decisions without it negatively affecting performance, or is that just my wet dream? :grin:

Happy to hear this mexxico!
Is there any point in hoping that calculations have been sped up so much that AI can actually make more decisions without it negatively affecting performance, or is that just my wet dream? :grin:
In all likelihood the calculations were spread over time, so there's not a single spike of heavy CPU use when all AI decisions are taken.

In all likelihood the calculations were spread over time, so there's not a single spike of heavy CPU use when all AI decisions are taken.
Yes this is one solution applied. It was already distributed over time but they were not distributed homogenously over time so it was creating spikes. Also we go over all code parts and see which parts are spending much time and try to make same calculation in better way or move it a better scope.

Yes this is one solution applied. It was already distributed over time but they were not distributed homogenously over time so it was creating spikes. Also we go over all code parts and see which parts are spending much time and try to make same calculation in better way or move it a better scope.
Mexxico! Good to see you! :smile:

Awesome! Great to hear from you!

May I ask if you know anything about the Unit AI? Tournaments look mostly ok, but units in battle formations seem to be much worse than they were before.

Has anyone considered the idea that maybe TW are going the route of Paradox (hopefully without the DLC spam) and plan on making a relatively bare minimum initial release in terms of content to then be built upon post launch(Post EA) with more of the features that made the previous titles so good?
I'm sorry, but the route of Paradox you're talking about *is* pure and unadulterated DLC scam - I meant *spam.*
I'd rather see them deliver a decent game and absolutely no DLC.

Back
Top Bottom