Consequence to looting villages?

Users who are viewing this thread

DefenderoftheCrown said:
Knight of will said:
the nation that owns it puts you on its ****list
Aha!  Good.  I will slaughter the Cossack innocents!  No-one will stand in my way!(Provided they are wholly incompetent on the battlefield and I always have the advantage.  :smile: )

not that proffitable,capture cities instead  :mrgreen:

gamester494 said:
1 honor point loss 2.
Atleast that by my,you need honor if you are king and you want recruit nobles faster to your cause.

I heard honor plays no part in this game? So, it does?

Topic: You won't be able to recruit milita troops later in the town if the town hates you, also. You have a higher chance of getting ambushed also, I believe. Less money from the town if they hate you.

DefenderoftheCrown said:
Is there a consequence to looting villages other than the village hating you, and possibly offending companions?

Initially you dont see it, but all villages are owned by a lord.  When you talk to that lord or run into him later in the game, he will remind you that you looted his village and you will take a hit with that lord.

On the other hand, helping villagers (like when you find a farmer in the tavern and play The Magnificient Seven) will often lead to similar hit, because "evil" lords will be displeased that you help THEIR villagers. "Good" lords will also ask you not to repeat that charity, but at least they won't lower their disposition to you. Anyway, I don't like looting villages because in the long run they all are MINE, so…

Saiko Kila said:
On the other hand, helping villagers (like when you find a farmer in the tavern and play The Magnificient Seven) will often lead to similar hit, because "evil" lords will be displeased that you help THEIR villagers. "Good" lords will also ask you not to repeat that charity, but at least they won't lower their disposition to you. Anyway, I don't like looting villages because in the long run they all are MINE, so…
Actually good lords will like you for it, neutral lords will be neutral towards it

Well, usually the villagers come out and try to rape you, when I was early level I got screwed because of that.

Also, you take an honor hit, you lose relations with the village and the faction and the lord who owns the village.

Of course, if you are in a war and have honor to spare, go right ahead and pillage the village!

DefenderoftheCrown said:
Is there a consequence to looting villages other than the village hating you, and possibly offending companions?

Yes. It's cheap and unnecessary and harder to recruit from (although with F&S village recruitment is basically redundant). More important is lord loyalty. 50% of your current enemy lords will someday be in your faction. Playing the good guy makes more friends than playing the A-hole.

Everyones different but I generally play RPG's as I would in real life. If you were a real life soldier, would you kill civilians?

Apart from that there's easier ways to make cash: trade and invest during early game.

The village you're looting now may someday be your own (after u capture its town/fortress) . That's a problem . If making money off the loot is what you want , caravan trading is much more profitable .

if only i could do all of this :sad: i have crash problems wich provide me from playing SP more than 10 minutes.. I think... didnt played for a while cauz of this!

anaway, back'o topic :smile:

Back
Top Bottom