• Hussar

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Ranger

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • Hawkeye

Votes: 7 8.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, ANY troop with a thrown weapon counts as an 'archer' when it comes to battlefield commands. Having a few Nords amongst my line of archers is no bad thing as they can fend off anything that manages to reach it.

Honour ... better ask kt0 about this as he's made honour stand for more in this mod, although i'm not quite sure how. But like in native it still makes honourable lords like you more and less honourable ones like you less.

Sir William Kelland said:
... a wierd thing with chalbek castle though; i was leaving it and very briefly a caravan exited the castle long enough for me to stop and check it out, and then it went back in again. Similarly, in a previous game i started i took Tubulk castle and i somehow did that thing where you use your trade skill to find out what the best deals are and it told me i could buy wool at Tubulk castle? Strange, these two castles seem to be showing traits of towns? I've not taken any other castles yet so i couldn't comment on them.
The first happens in Native.  I can only guess as to why.  The second I've never seen but unless I've accidentally broken something, I haven't mucked with the nearby code.

phorest said:
I'm not sure if this was done intentionally, or if it's always been this way, but when I am in battle I usually put archers behind my infantry. I have plenty of Nord Regulars in my army and when I say a command to Archers when in battle, the Nord Regulars follow that command despite not being a ranged troop. Is this working as it should or is it a bug?
Like others say:  feature from Native.  This is why I took the javelins off of the Landsnecht line. 
phorest said:
EDIT: What does honour do in this mod?
Lots of stuff!  The short list:
- Directly affects relation with some lords (from Native).  This indirectly affects the probability that you can convince an enemy lord to join your cause.
- Increases the number of troops you can command.
- Increases the number of prisoners you can keep.

I'm sure I'm leaving something out of that list, but those are the obvious ones.

Sonya, you don't need a source file to install female armours. In fact there are a few female armours already in 'Conquest'; there's a leather, a mail, and a lamellar.

I've installed female armours from other mods with no hassle.

Are you familiar with using 'brfedit' and installing items? It ain't that hard.

Brfedit is here at the bottom of the page 2: (don't download the older version on the first page)

http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=3&orderby=dateD&start=20

You may find the item editor on the first page useful too.

If you need any help let me know.

Oh u know how to edit items? good. In the star wars mod u should be able to buy force powers but theirs a bug that doesnt allow you. therefore you need the item edit tool to get on in youre inventory. how do you edit it to ure inventory?

I've not played the starwars conquest mod yet ... but i probably will, it does look good!

Actually to get an item into your inventory you'll need the TROOP editor but it could be that this 'bug' may be simply that those force power items are not flagged as merchandise in which case you will need the ITEM editor to easily fix that.

I suggest you install both editors and have a look at how they work. They're both incredibly easy and intuitive to use. With both editors just unzip them to any file and run the exe. (they don'y actually 'install' as such ... you just run them)

With the item editor you need to go to 'file ->open file' and browse to the itemkinds1.txt in the folder of the mod you're playing and open it. There is a big scroll list of all the items so scroll down the list until you find your force powers and check them out. I'd suggest checking if the 'merchandise' flag box is ticked, if not then tick it. merchandise also has an 'abundance' ... set it to 1 and you'll very rarely see them in the shops, set it to 100 and they'll be all over the place. There's loads of other stuff in there too of course, but when you're done go to 'file -> save'

The toop editor opens and edits the troops.txt, parties.txt, and party templates.txt. Run it and browse to the main folder of the mod you're playing and click OK. Then up in the top left you can open either of those three files. So open troops.txt. Your player character is the first one on the list of troops. Click on it and your character information can be seen and also you'll see a scroll list of items which you can add to your currently empty inventory.
  After editing each troop, click 'update' and when youre done click save.

Like i said it's pretty intuitive and easy so check it out and don't forget to make copies of your itemkinds1.txt, troops.txt, parties.txt and party templates.txt before you start.

May the force be with you :wink:

I have a question. I was in the middle of a campaign in Swadia and I received the message that taxes were due, so instead of abandoning my campaign and losing my momentum to go collect taxes myself I decided to just send out tax collectors(something I had never done before). Two days later the collectors returned to me with about half as much money as I was expecting, do you lose money for using tax collectors?

sonya i was trying to send you an instant message but not mutch luck, i'll keep trying.

I did a search for 'subotai' and found a 'female armour mini mod'. Is that the one you mean?:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,69154.0.html

Seriously you could do better than that, how about this?:

http://web.t-online.hu/findadezso/

It's meant to be installed to native but we can still take the needed files and install them in our mod.

But there are other mods with some really cool female armours. I really like the female armours and robes in 'Prophesy of Pendor' ... check out the pics in the first post of this thread:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,66144.0.html

Ok lets get down to buisiness installing the subotai armours. I hope kt0 doesn't mind this rather 'off topic' post but if i can give this example then maybe others can follow it and use it as a reference. I'm no expert with brfedit and i'm no expert with graphics/mesh/textures either. My knowlede is confined to slimming down brf files to just the items you want, and then installing them.

I'd recommend you install v0.70 of conquest first because that the version i'm using in the example and the itemkinds file HAS changed since v.0.50 and you'll need to start a new game anyway.
  first thing i notice is that 'Conquest v0.70' already has two of the armours in that armour minimod; the leather and the lamellar so we won't install those two armours.

1) extract the 'female armor mini-mod' to program files/mount and blade/modules and likewise extract 'Conquest v0.70' to the same location.

2)  make copies of both these folders and put them somewhere.

3) open brfedit. You'll see six tabs:

mesh,    mat,    tex,    col,    skel,    shader

we only need to be concerned with the first three. Open 'mesh' (meshes). These are the shape or model of the item that the materials and textures are used on and these are basically the names the game uses to reference each item.

browse to modules/female armour mini-mod/resources and open 'sbtai_plate.brf'. You should see this:

sbtai_platebikini
fem_leather_jerkin
fem_lamellar_armor
sbtai_platearmor2
sbtai_platearmor1
ceremarmor                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

4) before we do anything else, have a look at the items. If you choose the mat and tex tabs and have a look at the art these meshes use you'll notice that most items have an accompanying mat and texture file. Some however do not and i can only assume that is because mount and blade already has the materials and textures that these items use.

Sometimes you'll find lod. files which accompany a mesh ... these are just simpler versions of the mesh that the game uses to display the item at a distance, but in our case there are none here in this mini mod. But if there were we'd keep them.

5) 'Conquest v0.70' already has two of these armours from the minimod ... the leather and the lamellar so to avoid file conflicts we are going to delete the MESHES:

fem_leather_jerkin
fem_lamellar_armor                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

... just click on each one and below the list you'll see a 'delete' button. So delete both these meshes.

6) Looking under the 'mat' and 'tex' tabs i can see no art files which accompany those two items so no worries. We are ready to save the file having deleted those two items from it.
- at the top you'll see a button 'save' so save your altered file and overwrite the old one.

7) now manually go into modules/female armor mini-mod/resources and copy the altered file 'sbtai_plate.brf' over to --> modules/conquest v0.70/resources

8 ) now copy all the textures from modules/female armor mini-mod/textures over to --> modules/conquest v0.70/textures

9) To tell the game to use this new stuff; open modules/female armor mini-mod/module.ini and near the bottom you'll see;

load_module_resource = sbtai_plate

... copy this line and open modules/conquest v0.70/module.ini, and paste that line where kt0 has put the stuff he's added so it looks something like this:

# kt additions
load_module_resource = osp_swords
load_module_resource = osp_blunt_weapons
load_module_resource = osp_polearms
load_module_resource = osp_ranged
load_module_resource = talak_weapons
load_module_resource = viking_weapons
load_module_resource = weapons_james
load_module_resource = communityhelms
load_module_resource = mod_armor
load_module_resource = osp_horses
load_module_resource = kt_black_ranged
load_module_resource = kt_horses
load_module_resource = lotrweapons_light
# end kt additions

10) now the game has got the meshes and textures we need but we actually need to create some items to use these meshes. The female armor mini-mod has done this for us.

If you open module/female armor mini-mod/itemkinds1.txt and scroll to the bottom of the file you'll see these items are all there:

itm_leather_jerkin_female Female_Leather_Jerkin Female_Leather_Jerkin 1  fem_leather_jerkin 0  553713677 0 321 123731968 6.000000 100 0 23 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

itm_plate_armor_female Female_Plate_Armor Female_Plate_Armor 1  sbtai_platearmor2 0  16842765 0 6553 704643238 27.000000 100 0 55 17 9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

itm_plate_armor_female2 Female_Plate_Armor Female_Plate_Armor 1  sbtai_platearmor1 0  16842765 0 3000 704643238 27.000000 100 0 35 17 9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

itm_ceremonial_armor_female Ceremonial_Armor Ceremonial_Armor 1  ceremarmor 0  16842765 0 3000 704643238 27.000000 100 0 35 17 9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

itm_lamellar_armor_female Female_Lamellar_Armor Female_Lamellar_Armor 1  femlamellar_armor 0  16842765 0 2410 704643236 25.000000 100 0 48 13 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

itm_bikini Bikini Bikini 1  sbtai_platebikini 0  16842765 0 200 704643236 17.000000 100 0 5 2 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

But we are not going to use the leather and lamellar so we'll copy the lines we need:

itm_plate_armor_female Female_Plate_Armor Female_Plate_Armor 1  sbtai_platearmor2 0  16842765 0 6553 704643238 27.000000 100 0 55 17 9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

itm_plate_armor_female2 Female_Plate_Armor Female_Plate_Armor 1  sbtai_platearmor1 0  16842765 0 3000 704643238 27.000000 100 0 35 17 9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

itm_ceremonial_armor_female Ceremonial_Armor Ceremonial_Armor 1  ceremarmor 0  16842765 0 3000 704643238 27.000000 100 0 35 17 9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

itm_bikini Bikini Bikini 1  sbtai_platebikini 0  16842765 0 200 704643236 17.000000 100 0 5 2 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

... and paste them at the bottom of modules/conquest v0.70/itemkinds1.txt - making sure we slip them in at the END/BOTTOM of the file before the last item there which is an unused item so it looks kinda like this

itm_drakesbane_l4 Drakesbane Drakesbane 1  lui_khergitpikestrong 0  4227076 4222124851987200 215 8202 4.000000 25 0 0 0 9 33792 92 0 200 0 289 33

itm_drakesbane_l5 Drakesbane Drakesbane 1  lui_khergitpikestrong 0  4227076 4222124851987200 215 8202 4.000000 25 0 0 0 9 34816 93 0 200 0 290 34

itm_items_end ITEMS_END ITEMS_END 1  crown_ornate 0  2147483660 0 1 704643236 4.000000 1 58 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

11) Lastly, because we've added items to itemkinds1.txt we need to alter the number at the top of the file, this number basically is a count of the ammount of items in the file and it DOESN'T LIKE TO BE WRONG.

itemsfile version 2
itm_no_item INVALID_ITEM INVALID_ITEM 1  practice_sword 0  12582914 9223388529554358287 3 0 1.500000 100 0 0 0 0 16384 103 0 90 0 522 528

... so because we've added 4 items to the file we need to increase that number by four so 503 will now be 507.

Save the file. Load Conquest v0.70 and you should find all that stuff in the shops.

If you want certain troops to wear those items then use the troop editor to add those items to the troops you want. That's easy.

If you want to change the attributes of those items ... like armour rating, weight, price ect the use the item editor.

Good luck i hope it works!  :mrgreen:

Stoner2109 said:
I was in the middle of a campaign in Swadia and I received the message that taxes were due, so instead of abandoning my campaign and losing my momentum to go collect taxes myself I decided to just send out tax collectors(something I had never done before). Two days later the collectors returned to me with about half as much money as I was expecting, do you lose money for using tax collectors?
You shouldn't lose money for using tax collectors.  If you visit a bunch of fiefs between taxes being due and the tax collectors returning, the tax collectors won't get anything from those fiefs.

kt0 said:
Stoner2109 said:
I was in the middle of a campaign in Swadia and I received the message that taxes were due, so instead of abandoning my campaign and losing my momentum to go collect taxes myself I decided to just send out tax collectors(something I had never done before). Two days later the collectors returned to me with about half as much money as I was expecting, do you lose money for using tax collectors?
You shouldn't lose money for using tax collectors.  If you visit a bunch of fiefs between taxes being due and the tax collectors returning, the tax collectors won't get anything from those fiefs.

I guess I must have visited some fiefs and just don't remember... not a good thing for the future Calradian Emperor to do!

sonya i was trying to send you an instant message but not mutch luck, i'll keep trying.

I did a search for 'subotai' and found a 'female armour mini mod'. Is that the one you mean?:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,69154.0.html

Seriously you could do better than that, how about this?:

http://web.t-online.hu/findadezso/

It's meant to be installed to native but we can still take the needed files and install them in our mod.

But there are other mods with some really cool female armours. I really like the female armours and robes in 'Prophesy of Pendor' ... check out the pics in the first post of this thread:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,66144.0.html

Ok lets get down to buisiness installing the subotai armours. I hope kt0 doesn't mind this rather 'off topic' post but if i can give this example then maybe others can follow it and use it as a reference. I'm no expert with brfedit and i'm no expert with graphics/mesh/textures either. My knowlede is confined to slimming down brf files to just the items you want, and then installing them.

I'd recommend you install v0.70 of conquest first because that the version i'm using in the example and the itemkinds file HAS changed since v.0.50 and you'll need to start a new game anyway.
  first thing i notice is that 'Conquest v0.70' already has two of the armours in that armour minimod; the leather and the lamellar so we won't install those two armours.

1) extract the 'female armor mini-mod' to program files/mount and blade/modules and likewise extract 'Conquest v0.70' to the same location.

2)  make copies of both these folders and put them somewhere.

3) open brfedit. You'll see six tabs:

mesh
  mat
  tex
  col
  skel
  shader

we only need to be concerned with the first three. Open 'mesh' (meshes). These are the shape or model of the item that the materials and textures are used on and these are basically the names the game uses to reference each item.

browse to modules/female armour mini-mod/resources and open 'sbtai_plate.brf'. You should see this:

sbtai_platebikini
fem_leather_jerkin
fem_lamellar_armor
sbtai_platearmor2
sbtai_platearmor1
ceremarmor

4) before we do anything else, have a look at the items. If you choose the mat and tex tabs and have a look at the art these meshes use you'll notice that most items have an accompanying mat and texture file. Some however do not and i can only assume that is because mount and blade already has the materials and textures that these items use.

Sometimes you'll find lod. files which accompany a mesh ... these are just simpler versions of the mesh that the game uses to display the item at a distance, but in our case there are none here in this mini mod. But if there were we'd keep them.

5) 'Conquest v0.70' already has two of these armours from the minimod ... the leather and the lamellar so to avoid file conflicts we are going to delete the MESHES:

fem_leather_jerkin
  fem_lamellar_armor

... just click on each one and below the list you'll see a 'delete' button. So delete both these meshes.

6) Looking under the 'mat' and 'tex' tabs i can see no art files which accompany those two items so no worries. We are ready to save the file having deleted those two items from it.
- at the top you'll see a button 'save' so save your altered file and overwrite the old one.

7) now manually go into modules/female armor mini-mod/resources and copy the altered file 'sbtai_plate.brf' over to --> modules/conquest v0.70/resources

8 ) now copy all the textures from modules/female armor mini-mod/textures over to --> modules/conquest v0.70/textures

9) To tell the game to use this new stuff; open modules/female armor mini-mod/module.ini and near the bottom you'll see;

... copy this line and open modules/conquest v0.70/module.ini, and paste that line where kt0 has put the stuff he's added so it looks something like this:

# kt additions
load_module_resource = osp_swords
load_module_resource = osp_blunt_weapons
load_module_resource = osp_polearms
load_module_resource = osp_ranged
load_module_resource = talak_weapons
load_module_resource = viking_weapons
load_module_resource = weapons_james
load_module_resource = communityhelms
load_module_resource = mod_armor
load_module_resource = osp_horses
load_module_resource = kt_black_ranged
load_module_resource = kt_horses
load_module_resource = lotrweapons_light
# end kt additions

10) now the game has got the meshes and textures we need but we actually need to create some items to use these meshes. The female armor mini-mod has done this for us.

If you open module/female armor mini-mod/itemkinds1.txt and scroll to the bottom of the file you'll see these items are all there:

itm_leather_jerkin_female Female_Leather_Jerkin Female_Leather_Jerkin 1  fem_leather_jerkin 0  553713677 0 321 123731968 6.000000 100 0 23 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

itm_lamellar_armor_female Female_Lamellar_Armor Female_Lamellar_Armor 1  femlamellar_armor 0  16842765 0 2410 704643236 25.000000 100 0 48 13 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

But we are not going to use the leather and lamellar so we'll copy the lines we need:

... and paste them at the bottom of modules/conquest v0.70/itemkinds1.txt - making sure we slip them in at the END/BOTTOM of the file before the last item there which is an unused item so it looks kinda like this

itm_drakesbane_l4 Drakesbane Drakesbane 1  lui_khergitpikestrong 0  4227076 4222124851987200 215 8202 4.000000 25 0 0 0 9 33792 92 0 200 0 289 33

itm_drakesbane_l5 Drakesbane Drakesbane 1  lui_khergitpikestrong 0  4227076 4222124851987200 215 8202 4.000000 25 0 0 0 9 34816 93 0 200 0 290 34

itm_items_end ITEMS_END ITEMS_END 1  crown_ornate 0  2147483660 0 1 704643236 4.000000 1 58 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

11) Lastly, because we've added items to itemkinds1.txt we need to alter the number at the top of the file, this number basically is a count of the ammount of items in the file and it DOESN'T LIKE TO BE WRONG.

itemsfile version 2
itm_no_item INVALID_ITEM INVALID_ITEM 1  practice_sword 0  12582914 9223388529554358287 3 0 1.500000 100 0 0 0 0 16384 103 0 90 0 522 528

... so because we've added 4 items to the file we need to increase that number by four so 503 will now be 507.

Save the file. Load Conquest v0.70 and you should find all that stuff in the shops.

If you want certain troops to wear those items then use the troop editor to add those items to the troops you want. That's easy.

If you want to change the attributes of those items ... like armour rating, weight, price ect the use the item editor.

Good luck i hope it works!  :mrgreen:

Great guide dude...But the question is...How about if there is no item_kinds1.txt..?? How can we add the items on the on the list..?? Or can we just replace another item using item editor..??

Thanks again dude... :cool:

Great guide dude...But the question is...How about if there is no item_kinds1.txt..?? How can we add the items on the on the list..?? Or can we just replace another item using item editor..??

I keep meaning to update that post with some more info ... such as what to do if there is no itemkinds1.txt for the meshes you want to use, (basically if you're installing an open faced helmet, just take any openfaced helmet from any itemkinds1.txt to use as a template ... and change the mesh name to the one you're installing, and also change the names of the other bits so it doesn't conflict with anything else). Also some mat and tex files cover more than one item/mesh,- shields are a good example of this.

It's late, i'll try and update that post tomorrow with that and other relevant information. If i can make it a more complete guide and add some bits of coloured text, then maybe i can post it elsewhere where it'll be more useful to people. I havn't actually found such a guide myself so i think it would be a good thing to to.

I keep meaning to update that post with some more info ... such as what to do if there is no itemkinds1.txt for the meshes you want to use, (basically if you're installing an open faced helmet, just take any openfaced helmet from any itemkinds1.txt to use as a template ... and change the mesh name to the one you're installing, and also change the names of the other bits so it doesn't conflict with anything else). Also some mat and tex files cover more than one item/mesh,- shields are a good example of this.

It's late, i'll try and update that post tomorrow with that and other relevant information. If i can make it a more complete guide and add some bits of coloured text, then maybe i can post it elsewhere where it'll be more useful to people. I havn't actually found such a guide myself so i think it would be a good thing to to.

Thanks dude...When you finished your guide, I think it should be on sticky. Because it would help a lot of newbies like myself...

Thanks a lot dude... :cool:

Nice mod dude.

Correct me if I'm wrong but does the item xp is the amount of renown you get in battles?

And I'd like to give you some suggestions (don't think I'm saying that you must add them)

Spear Bracing would be nice, Battle Morale or The Eagle and The Radiant Cross mod formations ( I think adding both of them just break the game and i chose that formations because you can order them to follow another unit, banner dude, or follow yourself and just some can be in formation and when the commander of the formation dies they just break and charge )

Quote from: Pablomagno on June 09, 2009, 03:25:53 pm
So if artifacts get experience by being brought into batle, it isn't important if you kill a lot or don't¿?

Reply from kt0: Nope, doesn't matter directly but fights where you're more likely to get a pile of renown are the same ones where your contribution is probably the most important

and we should be able to change our faction units (swadian/vaegir/nord etc.) anytime we want and also when you give a castle or town to a lord, we should be able to take it back anytime we wants.

Im not sure this is a bug but its very rare for a lord of any faction to give me a quest. Can i fix this somehow.

Yes you can increase the frequency that people give you quests.

Try this link ... near the bottom of the page. It about setting the timer on quests;

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1212981.html#msg1212981

... and if you look to the top of the page there are other changes you can make. Look under 'Modding Quests'.

I've tried this with other mods with some success and i think i did it with a previous release of 'conquest' but i've not tried it with the current v0.70. Sometimes these 'tweaks' work with a particular mod and sometimes they don't (the script is somehow different ... maybe depending on the game version and whether a modder has already modified the script ...and you can't find the bits to change).

But good luck anyway and don't forget to backup/make copies of the files you're changing beforehand, ... just in case.

Back
Top Bottom