Conquest of a castle quest fails immediately after my conquest of said castle

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,

I've run into a problem.
I got a quest from an owner of a faction I am part of (Western Empire), to take over a specific castle in 60 days

After taking it over (after 13 days) with an army that I created consisting of few other warbands from my kingdom

the quest failed immediately, even though the new owner is the owner of my faction (who didn't participate in the siege).

My assumption is that the game didn't registered that the castle was conquered by me.
Is there something specific I need to do during the siege to make it work?
Can I even use other warlords to help, or do I have to do it solo?

This sounds like a bug to me. Was there any remaining days on the quest?

edit: If you have a save just before the siege, you could start the assault and retreat just before the end. Disband the army and then attack the castle only with your party. It should be easy to kill in auto/manually the defenders and check if you are awarded the castle. (maybe this will avoid the bug and you will get your money)

Last edited:
I tried to follow your advice, but midway my kingdom announced peace with the one I was fighting against.
I logged to an earlier save, and noticed that during the last stage (The Keep) of attack, there was only 6 hours left until a vote for peace, so while technically there should still be time, the game probably ended the conflict in the middle of my attack on the keep.
Which still sounds like an unwanted behavior tbh.

Edit: no that's not it, after taking the castle there is still 6 hours to vote, and the quest is already failed.

Last edited:
Then it is definitely a bug. I suggest you open a ticket here in the singleplayer section (you can also provide the savefile for easier troubleshooting from their side).

I do not know how long it will take for them to fix/address it, so do not wait for that.

Back
Top Bottom