Conquest Map Pack Release Event - Friday 29th - 8pm BST

Users who are viewing this thread

Plazek

Master Knight
Hello,

There has been a long deprived gamemode within Warband, almost never played despite its great potential. The reason? There were not any good maps. That is about to change! Vincenzo has been working on the code and I have been working on the maps. It is also the 22nd Battalion's birthday on the 28th so we have decided to release this the day after as a joint celebration of a year of 22nd and the great rejuvenation of conquest mode that if you knew it existed you would have been waiting for :wink:

Features;

Spawn points tied to capturable flags
Ticket bleed to force action
No flags = no spawn
Objective based gameplay
Spawn in waves
Basicly just like Battlefield 1942!

Anyway you do not want to read my rubbish, you wanna see pictures:

Canyon:

A simple map with a castle on each end of a canyon and a flag to fight over in the middle. Maybe you can even push hard enough to take the opponents castle leaving him with nowhere to spawn?

mb1-3.jpg

mb2-1.jpg

mb3.jpg

Two Fort:

Capture the bridges capture the castles!

mb10-3.jpg

mb11-1.jpg

mb12-2.jpg

Two Path:

A significantly more complex map than the previous two. There are two seperate routes to the defenders base. The defender starts with all the spawns bar one. Tunnels!

mb4-2.jpg

mb5-1.jpg

mb6-2.jpg

Conquest Town:

A fairly symetrical map with the two factions rushing for the higher town. Designed for a mighty clash after initial flag capturing. One of my favourites.

mb8-1.jpg

mb7-1.jpg

mb9-2.jpg

Be one of the first to get to play on these Battlefield style maps. Turn up on the 22nd Conquest server at 8pm this Friday!

Friday 29th - 7pm GMT - 8pm BST - 9PM CET - 2pm EST

Awesome I always hoped someone would do somthing with conquest to make it better. I hope it becomes more popular with this

looks great guys, I wish I could play but I'm going to be on a mini-vacation-holiday-thing.

any other time though, b/c I was looking forward to this.

Complete list of conquest changes;

- When your team owns more flags then the other, then the enemy team will have their tickets dropping much faster.
- You can only spawn near friendly flags. It is randomly selected at which flag you will  spawn.
- If your team has no flags you cannot spawn. Also your team tickets will run out rapidly.
- If your team has no flags and no alive players, then it is a default win for the other team.
- If the enemy is capturing your base flag; Then that is broadcasted to all players.
- There is spawning in waves, each xx seconds a wave of new enemy's will spawn.
- You can control how much chance there is people spawn at specific flags by adding more or less entry points near them.
- Recoded the whole flag detection code to stop it from raping server CPU.

Nice stuff!
Although normally I hate games like conquest (with tickets) I maybe will start playing this.
Could be epic if it could be possible to code out tickets for one time. :razz:

Ah nice to see some changes to the conquest mode, the most interesting mode in
WB mp but not that good worked on.. Looks like I'm going to be there, friday...

Regards

Back
Top Bottom