Connection lost on dedicated servers

Users who are viewing this thread

Coop121

Recruit
Hello I am Coop!
I recently brought Warband from the the shops brand new. Even better than the orgional mount and blade I have no idea why i left this wonderful game!

But sadly all is not well in coops little world. I am unable to play multiplayer! On good servers anyway.... Here is what i have done so far
Placed the CD in my pc, steam popped up so i entered my 5x5 key into steam / Warband setup and steam installed it for me.
When I went to try some multiplayer I'd enter the game and after a minute or so I would get disconnected With a "lost connection to server" error. I've joined many servers this week and the same thing happens, sometimes I get a kill in other times as soon as i choose my gear i'll get disconnected.
Added some Ports to my router, added warband to my firewall, But the same problem occurs. Disabled my firewall and no difference.
Edited the Rgl_Log Secure connection thingy, from 0 to 1 nothing, then back still no difference.
Reinstalled it a couple of times as well, on steam and now off of steam (Using the 4x4 key steam provides for me)

Now to my PC, I have no problems with any other online game so my connection must be fine
I have over 630GB free space on my PC
On singleplayer the game runs smoothly on the high video settings (Have tried reducing the settings to low then connecting to a server too but no difference)
The minute I get on the one of the many servers i've tried I don't even get any lag it just cuts out.

ALSO If i join a non Dedicated server I can play fine! ??? This is one of the reason i've started a new topic because i've not seen that anywhere. (The three-five non dedicated servers that pop up when i click search have 1-2 people playing on it and oftern a high ping so thats why i can't just live with playing on them servers)

Right last bit. When i encountered the problem while playing Warband on steam if i ctrl alt deleted out of warband quickly i could catch a network flyout program in the task manager come on and off (This is not a virus i looked it up but still have no idea what it's ment to do)

My PC is well up to the task of playing this game internet and all Just before some one mentions something like "spend lots of money on more ram that you don't need" And please no "reinstall the game Again" unless i'm installing it in a new way.

At last Sorry for the infomation being well..... Lots of it and maybe not in the best format but i wanted to get it all in there. Thank you for reading and sorry if i've done anything wrong I am new. Err so thanks again and hope to be playing some muliplayer with you guys soon!

OH! and please don't link the sticky to do with servers not showing up and a list of things to do because i've done all them.

I feel your pain when you say you cant play multiplayer, Ive been experiencing this for months and months now :sad:
Just instead of losing a connection to a server, theres no servers at all appearing in my server list :sad:

Wow.. not just a month but months and months of the months... thats bad. Almost like There will never be a fix for it. :sad:

Just been trying again while eating some nice fudge.... in minimized mode.
If I open up my network connections when I get disconnected from a dedicated server my connection resets, goes to aquiring IP adress then connected. It doesn't do that on any other game o non dedicated servers.

Back
Top Bottom