Concerns with shield units(beta videos)

Users who are viewing this thread

jipped

Regular
The units that tend to be heavily armored and should be the heavy infantry are not doing their job.

I'm aware of numerous posts wanting shield walls/line formations to have A.I turn around or face the enemy quicker from behind. This is hopefully going to be fixed.

However, almost every beta video I watch the Sergeants, Oathsworn, and so on(one handed weapon with shield) are getting demolished when I feel that shouldn't be the case.

I expect for balance sake the two handers should do more damage, be quicker and have decent armor but something needs to change for the heavy infantry. Have them do a little more damage or have quicker reactions?

Some of you are better with programming or explaining a.i so you can chime in. I just hope something gets tweaked here.

I don't don't understand why we should be using infantry at all in captain mode. You're not blocking a gate or siege ladder, you're not going into a building or other close quarter situation where you need H2H fighters. You're moving as a big blob from flag to flag, why wouldn't you want all archers or archers and some Cav?

I don't don't understand why we should be using infantry at all in captain mode. You're not blocking a gate or siege ladder, you're not going into a building or other close quarter situation where you need H2H fighters. You're moving as a big blob from flag to flag, why wouldn't you want all archers or archers and some Cav?
The flag is literally a choke point, and with the additional commands it is VERY easy to counter teams that don't have infantry by forming square or circle around the flag and waiting until they exhaust all their morale.

Back
Top Bottom