Concerns on Pacing of Updates (Subsidized by Turkish Govt)

Users who are viewing this thread

Remember everyone, lets not forget that TW is subsidized by the Turkish Govt so while we endlessly wait for meaningful updates (new sheep model...) TW will continue to get paid no matter what. Link below for source on subsidized game devs. We are missing features that Warband had and skills and perks are barely working even after a full year. They said they want to make every town and castle unique as it being a different map, holy **** based on the current pace that could take 4 years. Modders are the only ones making this game fun and the tools being given to them are meniscal at best. Its gonna be a long ride folks.....

Are you going to take a stand against every industry that receives government incentives? Government incentives are not necessarily money investments, it can be tax deductions and even exemption, usually under the pretext that it helps generate jobs and expanding the industry helps the government itself.

Reading the article, I don't see how it wouldn't be in the Turkish government best interest to provide incentives for local developers.

Are you going to take a stand against every industry that receives government incentives? Government incentives are not necessarily money investments, it can be tax deductions and even exemption, usually under the pretext that it helps generate jobs and expanding the industry helps the government itself.

Reading the article, I don't see how it wouldn't be in the Turkish government best interest to provide incentives for local developers.
Totally agree. +1

It's thier business, slowerlord is better then never-lords.
You're a bit late to the disappointment and annoyance party, I'm all full and I'd guess most players are too. :party: ???
Plus I don't think Gov perks (they're only perks (TW meta jokes)) could have much impact on thier speed let alone make them sand bag.
Also, I think it's good if they have interns, student or 1st job Devs or designers starting thier careers, that's really good for those people to have opportunity.
I gotta say last time I expressed this same idea^ a youtuber named STAN took it out of context and youtube'd it as if it was a big fat insult on TW saying they are 1st time devs/student/interns. It's really not what I'm saying and if you have anything to say, say it here too in addition to dumping it into your recycled content videos.

Last edited:
Having lots of interns isn't a bad thing on its face. Having lots of interns when your game direction/management processes are as clearly ****ed as TW's are is bad. You have to hold an intern's hand and management them very thoroughly because, well, they're an intern.

Goverment help could barely pay their electic bills. I don't think they're still getting that help from goverment, it was an pre-election thing.

It's thier business, slowerlord is better then never-lords.
You're a bit late to the disappointment and annoyance party, I'm all full and I'd guess most players are too. :party: ???
Plus I don't think Gov perks (they're only perks (TW meta jokes)) could have much impact on thier speed let alone make them sand bag.
Also, I think it's good if they have interns, student or 1st job Devs or designers starting thier careers, that's really good for those people to have opportunity.
I gotta say last time I expressed this same idea^ a youtuber named STAN took it out of context and youtube'd it as if it was a big fat insult on TW saying they are 1st time devs/student/interns. It's really not what I'm saying and if you have anything to say, say it here too in addition to dumping it into your recycled content videos.
Too late ??

In my country (Romania) all jobs in the IT sector are exempt from income tax. That doesn't mean we have deadlines imposed by the government, or that we have to work extra.... it's just a stimulant for the economy - mainly aimed to keep talent inside the country.

It might explain why we have what we do in Bannerlord. Never-ending "development" continues with subsidization. A revenue stream plus this could have made TW very lazy and become very unorganized left to their own devices with no external pressure to succeed. The fans were not pressuring them to greatly, I was apart of this group, patiently waiting each week for the devblog and loving everything they were putting out, and watching every Gamescon video I could find. But then, the government money begins to dry up or doesn't go as far as it is needed plus their shrinking revenue stream from sales and they need and injection of cash. Solution, release an EA game nowhere close to finished because you thought you could handle making your own engine and scrapped years of completed work, because you thought the money would always be there and when it stopped you panicked.

From what I see TW is in desperate need of a publisher pushing down their necks. I am almost never for such a thing but they need some kind of pressure, because obviously their fans don't count enough for them to get their act together. Maybe if enough youtubers started bashing them they might send out one of their community managers to make some vague noncommittal post. Heck, if we get enough talking them down they may make another video!

Sorry for the crap post, disappointment and poor sleep.

Any amount of money they may or may not have received from the Turkish government is dwarfed by their EA sales. It's just not a relevant talking point anymore.

Back
Top Bottom