Concerning a broken quest (no spoilers here)

Users who are viewing this thread

Mercenary88

Sergeant
I am trying to complete what should be a mundane quest given by a town mayor, but I am having problems finishing the quest. The quest log titles the quest "Deal with the Looters", and the outline that it gives  is very vague, definitely not outlining the amount of looters or bands of looters that need to be dealt with; "The mayor of X town has asked you to deal with the looters that plague the countryside". You are given 20 days to complete the quest, so far I have killed two bands of looters (which appeared in blue as is the proper colour for quest related parties). However each time I've approached the mayor and he has payed me 40 thaler for each band of looters (as promised by him when he issues the quest).

I cannot figure out how to end the quest and failing in a big hit to morale, specially to one of my companions who appears very indisposed to failing quest :razz:). In short I cannot give this quest and keep reloading my save-point to before the last 2 days on the quest expire. I need to be able to close this and move on. It appears to broken. Any information is appreciated and thank you for your time in advance.

Regards,

Mercenary88

I recently got the same quest and killed some looters for $40 and I believe you can't finish the quest, beside letting the time limit run out. Although, I'm also quite sure that you can't fail the quest unless you haven't killed any looters at all.

I believe there are 4 bands of looters, which spawns just as you take the quest. They should be around the town in question, but they will try to avoid armies so they can go quite far away from it.

I'd simply try to patrol the area of around, you might still find them all.

Use the cheat that enables you to see every parties on the map, usually you will find them far away from the town since they are small and extremely mobile parties who will run from patrols and lords.

crunchyss said:
I recently got the same quest and killed some looters for $40 and I believe you can't finish the quest, beside letting the time limit run out. Although, I'm also quite sure that you can't fail the quest unless you haven't killed any looters at all.

You definetly need to finish it as there is a penalty for not finishing it as I already pointed out.

Thanks for your help guys, after wondering around aimlessly I decided to try true sight as it was the only way of finding them. I found one party way off at the edge of the map far away from any town of village, and the other on the opposite side of the map as the city. This is one of those quests that can lead to a lot of unnecessary problems as I'm sure it was not intended for you to have to scourge the entire country side for 4 parties of looters. Specially when you can very easily miss them in the allotted time of 20 days.

In the same quest, the mayor also paid me for standard (grey, not blue) parties of looters, which allowed me to finish the quest by killing enough of those, after all but one of the quest parties had vanished to the ends of the earth.

Back
Top Bottom