Concern: Multiplayer Ban Distribution Method

Users who are viewing this thread

The ban was valid. Logs show intentional team-killing beyond doubt. @ChristopherR

Hitting each other with your friend, only for him to end up reporting you...and you getting banned. I am not sure what you expected?
1. You are both trolling the whole team by diminishing your chances to win.
2. We don't have the time to evaluate if the person who reported you was your friend nor does it make a difference to us, you're not just trolling each other, you're trolling your whole team as mentioned above.

Someone breaking the rules (team-hitting you) doesn't give you an excuse to break the rules yourself (team-hit them back). This is written in Code of Conduct. Report the player and he'll be punished. Does this represent an issue as the player is essentially ruining your game and you can't do much about it at that moment to prevent it? Absolutely.

We understand this is an issue and will try to resolve it in a timely manner.

Defensive team-killing isn't the fault of the defender, it's the fault of the aggressor. But yeah, we'll go with what you said! :grin:

Teamkilling in self-defence shouldn't be against the rules lol. It makes it harder to judge the situation from logs sure, but I don't think you can feasibly ask that players who are being blatantly TKd in spawn just... what... stand there and die? Or block the whole round until the enemy team descends on them?

Warband beta had not just poll kicks/bans, they also had multiple community-member admins for the official TW servers. People who were known to be reliable and active, who could see situations and actively make judgements in cases like these. Polls and human admins are far from perfect, but seems better than trying to pick up context through logs only, far after the fact when it can make no difference.

When did we ask for this. We ask for something we don't get **** then you add **** no one wants. At this point there is no point in playing until we fix the game ourself

Defensive team-killing isn't the fault of the defender, it's the fault of the aggressor. But yeah, we'll go with what you said! :grin:

Each player is responsible for their own actions.

The rule is 'do not team hit' not 'do not team hit unless you feel justified'. Absolutely I expect players to not respond when being team hit, intentionally or otherwise. If it is intentional just report and move on. If you die then you die. Then the logs are easy to distinguish and the other player will be dealt with appropriately.

If you retaliate you muddy the logs, are liable to be banned because you are breaking the rules and you make it more likely that teamhitting will become the norm.

Each player is responsible for their own actions.

The rule is 'do not team hit' not 'do not team hit unless you feel justified'. Absolutely I expect players to not respond when being team hit, intentionally or otherwise. If it is intentional just report and move on. If you die then you die. Then the logs are easy to distinguish and the other player will be dealt with appropriately.

If you retaliate you muddy the logs, are liable to be banned because you are breaking the rules and you make it more likely that team hitting will become the norm.
+1
Who are you to judge, god? lmao
Just report and move on and if you absolutely feel disgusted or something pm marda to get your sweet revenge; just get him on video and report him %100 he'll get a ban.
This thread should've stopped way before because majority of the replies are meaningless.

+1
Who are you to judge, god? lmao
Just report and move on and if you absolutely feel disgusted or something pm marda to get your sweet revenge; just get him on video and report him %100 he'll get a ban.
This thread should've stopped way before because majority of the replies are meaningless.
****ting on a team killer is a lot more fun tho

Last edited:
How incredible, the guys who shout cry "snowflakes" at moderation rightly banning stupid **** being offended by some of the meekest moderating talkback I've seen on this forum. SMH some of the old moderators would have just banned you all by now.
Back in the old days, the glory days...

Teamkilling in self-defence shouldn't be against the rules lol. It makes it harder to judge the situation from logs sure, but I don't think you can feasibly ask that players who are being blatantly TKd in spawn just... what... stand there and die? Or block the whole round until the enemy team descends on them?

Warband beta had not just poll kicks/bans, they also had multiple community-member admins for the official TW servers. People who were known to be reliable and active, who could see situations and actively make judgements in cases like these. Polls and human admins are far from perfect, but seems better than trying to pick up context through logs only, far after the fact when it can make no difference.
I'm 100% with Ruthven on this one, and not just because I was one of those beta admins for Warband. :iamamoron: We desperately need decentralized authority so that servers can become self-policing. In-game admin tools are a start, as well as poll kicks/bans for when admins are unavailable. This is standard for any lobby-based game with third party servers, which is the goal for Bannerlord. You have to start somewhere.

Last edited:

On IG, at least, team killing in self defense was against the rules and yes, you were expected to stand there and die - which all sensible players did.

Just ignoring the teamhitting/killing (calling it out in chat is good) keeps the logs clean and the culprit easily identifiable. It prevents the team hitting becoming normalised.
We found that players who revenge hit would often do so after an accidental hit, would do on new players who were simply not yet skilled enough to avoid hitting and cause chains of teamhitting.

We will share a code of conduct next week to clear this up, but rest assured, the bans we are processing right now are for things where it should be pretty obvious that you shouldn't be doing it, like intentional teamkilling.
I might have missed it, but where is the Code of Conduct located?

Back
Top Bottom