Concern: Multiplayer Ban Distribution Method

Users who are viewing this thread

Wasn't this game released in like March?
It sure was, as an early access title. I am sure you haven't missed the huge banner that says that on the store page. We appreciate constructive feedback and suggestions but I quite frankly, don't understand your need for snarky comments, it doesn't help any of the developers nor the community.

We understand the need for a solution and clear presentation of the rules that players like yourself can read, abide by, refer to when both reporting a player or receiving a punishment for mischief. As Callum said, we're working on making the code of conduct public this week. While it may come later than we or you would have wanted, it will come.

Stop harassing employees.
It sure was, as an early access title. I am sure you haven't missed the huge banner that says that on the store page. We appreciate constructive feedback and suggestions but I quite frankly, don't understand your need for snarky comments, it doesn't help any of the developers nor the community.

That sounds like a you problem.

Got my ban today.
Teamkilling in the heat of battle by accident and I remember I killed a guy who was afk, well doing it always.
1 day ban for being a loyal player.
Teamkilling as a duel, when we are winning and teamkilling at the end of round after victory phrase.
Kill this fun = kill loyal players

It logs every hit, so when you stand and hit your teammate 10 times, we see that.
Do you look both sides ?
Or just the side of the accused?
Cause i just got my first ban and so far the only ppl i killed were either AFK or trying to kill me and i happened to be better at it.

That sounds like a you problem.
harassment. n. the act of systematic and/or continued unwanted and annoying actions of one party or a group, including threats and demands.

A kitsch response but really, his actions are neither systematic, and/or continued, and obviously are not threats or unwarranted demands.

He is giving criticism of your company's game development and moderation standard. Canton made a valid point about a lack of in-game rules. Criticism is not inherently annoying or spiteful. If it is against the rules to ask a rhetorical question of staff, why do you think we will even bother to give you feedback?

This thread is an unmitigated disaster for your community. You are having obvious abuse of your report system, and instead of doing anything, you double down on how bans are being processed. Further you mute people who "say something snarky", if that is the standard of a mute then why even have a forum at all. Just shut it down if that is how you will treat your "community."

The queues are practically dead in NA. Only a handful of active clans left in captain and skirmish. Frankly, I do not care about your official servers, I won't play skirmish again after private servers are released. Please focus on keeping the game alive until then, and not banning the few people who still play it.

(in the entire time I caught up with this thread, made this post + another 10 minutes of waiting, I was searching for a game and did not find one in skirmish or captain, that is the death spiral for MP games. No longer being able to play the game any time you want will cause your player pop to fall off a cliff)

Last edited:
Should just add a in game vote to kick instead of ban tbh that way toxic players get kicked from a match immediately but bans don’t get tossed at random over a tk or someone just salty and spam repot.

Yeah I mean all of the members of TREE know to not team kill and are adults with no reason to, I'm wondering why active clan members that have been playing everyday that keep the NA community alive are getting banned while I join matches one day after my ban and have to listen to white supremacist's express their racist beliefs in game and nothing happens to them, but god forbid you make a bad archer call and accidentally shoot an ally. God forbid.
+1

I got muted for abusive chat, these crackdowns on a dying community in NA skirmish is just getting better... Also, why are people that are expressing their opinions getting muted on this thread?

Disconnecting from this game is a regular thing on accident but they can't do it on purpose by voting? Meme.

I think TW actually made it worse with the reporting system than improve it which is ironic. Now the wrong people are getting banned

A few of you might have received a penalty recently as we've caught up with all of the reports, we'll stay on top of it now though. We've published the Code of Conduct here as was mentioned above. Please read it and follow the guidelines. The code of conduct will also be implemented into the game in some form with the future updates as well.

The Code of Conduct isn't there with the intent of punishing players or our community. There are certain standards we all need to follow so that both me, you and other fellow players can enjoy in the game. Please understand that and abide by it. Thank you!

4osq30.jpg

I think this direction in moderation, like most game companies, forgets who your core audience is. We don't come online to be policed. This is not our job to play your game, these standards are ripe for abuse (as already proven) and makes me want to drop this game and never pick it back up.

"If one would give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest man, I would find something in them to have him hanged"

We understand that various offline events can interrupt your gaming session but don’t make it a habit
Is this really suggesting if we go afk in a game we can be banned?

The support team will handle the reports in a timely manner, acting where necessary. They have access to in-game logs and other player information that allows them to act with confidence.
Wouldn't an in game vote kick method and a "report system" to supplement said actions be better for speed and accuracy of moderation?

Removal from all of our platforms (forums,...).
Does this mean the person is banned from single player too? When we create our own private servers, do our bans carry over?

A few of you might have received a penalty recently as we've caught up with all of the reports, we'll stay on top of it now though. We've published the Code of Conduct here as was mentioned above. Please read it and follow the guidelines. The code of conduct will also be implemented into the game in some form with the future updates as well.

The Code of Conduct isn't there with the intent of punishing players or our community. There are certain standards we all need to follow so that both me, you and other fellow players can enjoy in the game. Please understand that and abide by it. Thank you!
The one that gets me is “Inappropriate Gameplay” You’re going to moderate how people use the mechanics of the game you made? You use gate blocking as an example but how about you just make it so that your game isn’t so easily exploited instead of punishing players for using the in game resources at their disposal?

We don't come online to be policed. This is not our job to play your game
Nor are you being policed. The system is based completely on reports and is honestly not overly restrictive. These are very basic norms that shouldn't be hard to follow.
Is this really suggesting if we go afk in a game we can be banned?
As stated, this is meant for the specific game modes (f.e. skirmish) and will come in effect more with the upcoming ranked game modes.
Wouldn't an in game vote kick method and a "report system" to supplement said actions be better for speed and accuracy of moderation?
As Callum mentioned, this has been requested internally. I'll check on our progress with that and come back to you. I don't believe it's currently high priority though with many other MP features on the way.
The one that gets me is “Inappropriate Gameplay” You’re going to moderate how people use the mechanics of the game you made? You use gate blocking as an example but how about you just make it so that your game isn’t so easily exploited instead of punishing players for using the in game resources at their disposal?
We're working towards that though I don't believe it's fair to say the game is "easily exploitable". If you stop on a ladder, you'll probably get shot to pieces. Re-occurring behaviour where a player decides to spend his evenings blocking ladders for everyone else is not okay.
can you team kill in warm-up? I have no clue what your log shows you but getting banned for teamkilling in warm-up is ridiculous.
Teamkilling in warm up is fine - everyone is doing it and it's fun. You won't get banned for that.

Back
Top Bottom