Concern: Multiplayer Ban Distribution Method

Users who are viewing this thread

Multiplayer is undergoing a Stalinist purge apperently

Yeah I mean all of the members of TREE know to not team kill and are adults with no reason to, I'm wondering why active clan members that have been playing everyday that keep the NA community alive are getting banned while I join matches one day after my ban and have to listen to white supremacist's express their racist beliefs in game and nothing happens to them, but god forbid you make a bad archer call and accidentally shoot an ally. God forbid.

Multiplayer is undergoing a Stalinist Maoist purge apperently
Yeah, I wonder why all the bans are starting to happen now.

It seems the priorities of taleworlds are all messed up when it comes to multiplayer. It would serve us better to have a vote kick system, and a report of abuse of said system on the forums. Make the punishment severe if someone is targeting players they don't like, and boom you get rid of most of the problems surrounding the current system.

I have no idea why I was muted a week ago. It is hard for me to accept "abusive" chat, when no rules are put forth in game as to the exact expectations of each player, and no incident is being outlined in my mute. Having played 500 hours of multiplayer since launch, it is ridiculous to expect me to remember each game I have been in. Maybe I was joking with a friend, and someone reported me. I can't defend myself without even knowing the incident.

Also I unequivocally deny ever saying anything worse to another player than what was said to me. I guess the solution is not to say anything in chat ever. Just give us premade chat options if that is how you want people to interact.

Taleworlds should keep in mind the players who played warband for so long. Private servers are the defining feature of that game (at least in multiplayer), we enjoy making the rules for ourselves and if an admin is being abusive most of us just move to the next server. The current system does not curtail to this attitude, rather it reflects many modern games that your older community mostly detests.

I enjoy the combat of bannerlord, it feels like a fresh rework of a previously good system, but there are glaring errors I am waiting to have fixed. Every second wasted on sorting out the moderation deficiencies is time wasted on fixing said game mechanics. If there was ever a tutorial how not to run moderation, this would be it.

Last edited:

Bans are manually processed by our support team. How it works is, someone (or multiple people) make a report in the game. We receive the report(s) along with logs from that game. We check the report reason, then compare that to the logs. We then decide to either ignore the report or take action depending on what we see. In this instance, the ban is for team damaging and team killing in a match from a few weeks ago (08/11/20).

Looking through your report history, I will advise you to be as civil to others as you have been here, especially in game chat. Otherwise, the next ban will be for longer.

Bans are manually processed by our support team. How it works is, someone (or multiple people) make a report in the game. We receive the report(s) along with logs from that game. We check the report reason, then compare that to the logs. We then decide to either ignore the report or take action depending on what we see. In this instance, the ban is for team damaging and team killing in a match from a few weeks ago (08/11/20).

Thank you for your reply to this thread.

2+ weeks for action to be taken for a ban seems rather long. At that point, I would ask what is the point of a 1 day ban if the report occurred so long ago. A troll usually only plays spontaneously and not for any long stretch of time, so the odds of them actually feeling any punishment for a ban is rather low. This coupled with the fact that regular players are not given a chance to realistically appeal moderation, as it takes a 20+ reply forum thread to find out just the date of the incident, the only person who is hurt by the ban is someone who plays the game consistently and is caught up in happenstance with tkers or other toxic individuals who regularly avoid punishment and ruin games.

Looking through your report history, I will advise you to be as civil to others as you have been here, especially in game chat. Otherwise, the next ban will be for longer.
Be civil, or else! That suggestion was rather passive aggressive. Now I will fill out a report and wait 2+ weeks for any action to be taken. Despite the resolution obviously going in your favor, I wouldn't even receive a response to whether my report was even looked at. At least you aren't occupied on the forums for 30+ hours a week, you should be able to defend yourself, even going so far as being able to recall the incident and provide the context needed for an appeal. I guess that is just something that the people who actually play the game don't deserve.

@Callum All I'm looking for is a better report system, a way for bans to be appealed. That's pretty much it, I feel like so many issues could be resolved if TW focused a tiny bit of its many resources on this. That is all, and thank you for your response.

Do you take in account the amount of time someone played? I have a lot more reports than someone who played 10 hours but continously trolls.

Also is there a rulebook? Because it is basically guesswork what is happening now, how do TW employees decide which ban I get? If they are in a bad mood I get banned 7 days but if they just had their coffee I get only 1?

You expect us to abide by the guidelines BUT THERE ARE NO GUIDELINES.

Give us basic guidelines and just give add the statement: apply common sense and these guidelines are not written in stone and can be diverted from on a case to case basis.

Every custom server has this.

@Callum All I'm looking for is a better report system, a way for bans to be appealed. That's pretty much it, I feel like so many issues could be resolved if TW focused a tiny bit of its many resources on this. That is all, and thank you for your response.

We had a bit of a backlog with the reports which is why it is taking a couple of weeks to get around to some of them, but we recently reworked how we manage reports to speed the process up. We will try to keep on top of them in future.

Currently, we don't have an appeal process. And with the bans being handed out manually, there isn't much need for one either. You can always come and make a post here though (like this one) if you want someone to look into it further.

We had a bit of a backlog with the reports which is why it is taking a couple of weeks to get around to some of them, but we recently reworked how we manage reports to speed the process up. We will try to keep on top of them in future.

Currently, we don't have an appeal process. And with the bans being handed out manually, there isn't much need for one either. You can always come and make a post here though (like this one) if you want someone to look into it further.

This is pretty shambolic though, and you are directly ignoring the question: What are the guidelines? For example, I know what the rules are on the duel server, and so if someone is breaking rules there, I can report them. But that player doesn't understand or know why he got banned, and he has to post here, something that not all the players know of, and even then you'll give a reason, going by the duel server example, it is stated on a thread. No such guidelines or rules exist for public play and public servers, and so of course people think anything goes.

And judging by the same troll coming into duel servers(The only truly moderated server) constantly and ruining it, this method is slow and ineffective anyways. A vote kick system that temp banned someone from the server for 30 minutes would be quicker, less of TWs time and resources, and is the far preferred way for everyone.

"But then a group of trolls could hijack the duel server and vote kick people out as they join" Then that is the situation that such a system you are using now would be suitable.

This is another example of something that was changed from Warband that didn't need changing.

We will share a code of conduct next week to clear this up, but rest assured, the bans we are processing right now are for things where it should be pretty obvious that you shouldn't be doing it, like intentional teamkilling.

And judging by the same troll coming into duel servers(The only truly moderated server) constantly and ruining it, this method is slow and ineffective anyways. A vote kick system that temp banned someone from the server for 30 minutes would be quicker, less of TWs time and resources, and is the far preferred way for everyone.

And is something we have requested previously but don't have just yet. :sad:

Another area I wonder about is how you decipher intentional TK from unintentional TK. Say you accidentally lob an arrow and give the final blow to your teammate that's in a 1v3 and you're trying to support, but end up killing him and this person is very upset and writes a convincing report. Is unintentional team killing punished equivalently to that of intentional?

Another area I wonder about is how you decipher intentional TK from unintentional TK. Say you accidentally lob an arrow and give the final blow to your teammate that's in a 1v3 and you're trying to support, but end up killing him and this person is very upset and writes a convincing report. Is unintentional team killing punished equivalently to that of intentional?
I agree on that, i would also like to know how the log system exactly works, as in what it register inside the logs and if that will sufficient to know if someone did it intentional or not

We will share a code of conduct next week to clear this up, but rest assured, the bans we are processing right now are for things where it should be pretty obvious that you shouldn't be doing it, like intentional teamkilling.

Nice, and in all honesty it makes sense that most reports you will handle will be clear cut cases, but for the sake of transparency a code of conduct will help.

Ah a wonder that I'm not banned yet then, teammates attempt to hit me multiple times on purpose then ofc I will hit them 10 times to kill them and not let them hit me.

If someone throws a pila in my back on spawn at attacks me I will destroy the ****, this will show up in the logs as me murdering him.

Ah a wonder that I'm not banned yet then, teammates attempt to hit me multiple times on purpose then ofc I will hit them 10 times to kill them and not let them hit me.

If someone throws a pila in my back on spawn at attacks me I will destroy the ****, this will show up in the logs as me murdering him.

Word of advice: If someone does that then killing them back is giving them the attention they crave. The old internet saying "don't feed the trolls" :razz:

Doesn't invalidate your point nonetheless, sometimes the only way to protect yourself from the particularly persistent trolls is to murder them at the spawn before they can ruin you and your friends game.

Word of advice: If someone does that then killing them back is giving them the attention they crave. The old internet saying "don't feed the trolls" :razz:

Doesn't invalidate your point nonetheless, sometimes the only way to protect yourself from the particularly persistent trolls is to murder them at the spawn before they can ruin you and your friends game.
I doubt I satisfy their attention if they get destroyed :grin:, it is often an effective way.

Thanks that will be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom